Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday August 20, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Normally Aspirated with bolt-on Forced Induction Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 06-10-2002, 10:39 PM   #1
Eric SS
Sooby Guru

Member#: 1914
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2000 2.5RS w/ EJ22T
swap and N20. gone. : (

Exclamation Update on my FPR stuff. some interesting info inside.

OK, so Today at work I decided to try something crazy so I hollowed out my stock FPR because I couldn;t figure out what to put there in its place and I couldn;t get the SVX regulator today.

So, I did that and put it back on the rail. Now, I am effectivly only running the Cartech RRFPR. After some adjustment of the top spring I got it to idle at 33psi (where I want it.) Now with the side screw (the fuel psi/# boost screw) all the way out it raised to about 85psi at 5# boost. More than I wanted.

I couldn;t get it any lower than that and then I remembered that the kit came with some sort of plastic piece you are supposed to put in the vaccum tube to only allow a certain amount of vaccum to the RRFPR. At least I think I remember that because I couldn;t find it. anyone know for sure?

So, since I couldn;t find that, I jerry-rigged how much boost and vaccum can go through that line by putting a tie strap around the vaccum hose and almost clamping it shut.

Now, after some playing with different settings of the tie strap (hehe) I got it to where it goes up to about 48-50psi under normal acceleration and up to 70psi at 5#'s of boost. If I had that little dohickey that came with the kit I;m sure it would have been easier but, there you have it. With some tweaking, you can make the Cartech RRFPR a stand alone piece. I wonder if Cartech offers any other internal springs that would make tuning easier so I don;t have to use the tiestrap. Anyone know if they do or don;t offer other springs? A spring with a little more tention would be perfect!

Eric
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote