Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday December 28, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Vendor Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:03 AM   #1
Jhead016
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (4)

Member#: 373688
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
14 EVO GSR
Wicked White

Default Bren Tuning Review A+++

Yesterday was a very important day for a few reasons. It wasnt but 3 weeks ago that my car spun two rod bearings on a dyno somewhere in CT. I am not putting any blame on them, or naming any names but their customer service, overall attitude and lack of a reliable tune had me looking elsewhere.

I was very nervous thinking about having anyone tune my car as I wanted a reputable tuner and someone who would treat my car as I would but better. After days and nights of research I decided on Bren Tuning. It was Alex that I first spoke to and well, he is a stand up guy. We talked about my car and the rebuild, he shared some ideologies, notorious variables at play and we also just talked about cars in general.

To top off the Bren Tuning experience I met Brendan. Another stand up guy, that really did a fantastic job tuning my Subaru. Again, questions erupted about the build, he needed to piece together the info needed to figure out if my car was ready for the dyno. After talking and clearing up any discrepancies, he said it was good to be dynoed only if I was cool with it. SO, i agreed and it happened.

I wanted a mild tune (not a look at my numbers tune), and thats what I got. I had great numbers for very low boost with my setup, and it will only get better with more miles. Once the dyno was complete, Brendan and I went out for a little drive so he could tie up any loose end and really fine tune somethings.

DAMN, I never expected the car to feel so smooth through the rpm range. It ran like a champ, it felt so much more powerful than my last tune that had slightly higher numbers. I am and will be very happy with this tune until the next mod bug strikes.

To Brendan and Alex, Thank you very much. It is not every day someone can just go to a shop for the first time and feel very comfortable, and know that their ride is in the best care and interest.

Thank you again,
JOE
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Jhead016; 07-22-2014 at 03:47 PM.
Jhead016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:09 PM   #2
BrenTuning
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 287454
Vehicle:
E92 M3
630whp / 424wtq

Thanks for the kind words Joe!

Let us know if there is anything we can help you with in the future.
BrenTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:15 PM   #3
nckhml
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 199508
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
Satin White Pearl

Great choice!

I had my wrx BrenTuned back in April and have nothing but positive things to say about my experience!
nckhml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:33 PM   #4
Jhead016
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (4)

Member#: 373688
Vehicle:
14 EVO GSR
Wicked White

Bump, gotta keep this Fresh.

If your looking for one of the best tuners, Bren Tuning is the spot to go!
Jhead016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 09:09 AM   #5
BrenTuning
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 287454
Vehicle:
E92 M3
630whp / 424wtq

Thanks guys!
BrenTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 05:13 PM   #6
devlish
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 202526
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2006 STi
Silvery

i also have my car tuned by brendan and love it!! it's an Accessport e-tune, but the car is super smooth! He ironed out some issues from a previous tuner. he's always dead on with any questions / concerns i have. I only wish i was closer to get a dyno tune with my new setup this spring! (but Bren tuning is 1200 miles away, each way!)
devlish is offline   Reply With Quote