Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday May 3, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:51 AM   #1
Baconsnake
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 214880
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2009 Outback Sport
Obsidian Black

Default It's raining on my passenger's feet!

So I'm fairly certain that this is A/C condensation, but why is it coming down so much? It starts literally running out when I face uphill or accelerate.

It was dry before I started my trip to work today, and 50 minutes later it's pooled in my mats, thank goodness for the all-season mats! I was running the a/c on 1, full cold, recirculate the whole way.

I know this picture is hard to make it out (and yes my mats are dirty as hell) but there's much more water there than I would expect. Do you think something is plugged up?

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Baconsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:40 PM   #2
Big-E
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 123843
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Sedan SGM
Let LED's light your way!

I would check the a/c drip tube. If you pull the passenger's side rug back away from the firewall, you should see a black rubber tube. Either the tube or the a/c box is plugged.

If this is not the problem then I would have the outside cowl cover that is located at the base of the windshield removed and have the cowl underneath checked for leaves and other debris that may be causing water to back-up and come into the car.
Big-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:14 PM   #3
scoobyoutback73
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 116512
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
1999 impreza sport
silver

heater core leak?
scoobyoutback73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:57 PM   #4
subbygirl617
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 224390
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2005 Outback XT
Silvvaaaaa

I have the same problem only when the ac is on!! I'll check the drain thing
subbygirl617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:12 PM   #5
Baconsnake
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 214880
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2009 Outback Sport
Obsidian Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-E View Post
I would check the a/c drip tube. If you pull the passenger's side rug back away from the firewall, you should see a black rubber tube. Either the tube or the a/c box is plugged.
When I disconnected the tube, a ton of water flowed out, so it was clearly in the tube. I blasted it out with compressed air, and no more pools of water!

Thanks a lot Big-E!
Baconsnake is offline   Reply With Quote