Originally Posted by prometheum
do you keep the boost restrictor pill in?
i assume with the perrin pwi-2 kit, I don't have to change any wiring to work with the boost cut fail safe?
You do not use the restrictor pill if you are using the interrupt/fast response mode or with an external wastegate. If you do end up hooking it up like the stock system, you will need the restrictor. But if you are doing this you are not really getting any benefits of the EBCS Pro.
You will NOT have to change anything about the wiring for the failsafes. It works just like the old one in that regards.
Originally Posted by feint05
what makes this better than the grimmspeed product
Here is a comparison of the old versus new. If you have seen our old one and compared it to the above mentioned brand, you will see this comparison works for both.
Realistically the biggest change for us is the better brackets. While the New EBCS Pro is better is many ways, we think customers will be much happier with the brackets and the way it looks. Let me know if you have more questions!
Comparison of PERRIN EBCS Pro to the old PERRIN EBCS
The New PERRIN EBCS Pro is very different than any other boost control solenoids out there and fits the look of more modern cars. The below comparisons are base on our old EBCS. The old EBCS (while it is the original) is the very similar to many of our competitor's parts, which means its also a comparison against our competitors parts.
- New EBCS Pro completely custom made valve, body, coil spring, everything! Made in the USA!
- Old EBCS is an off the shelf part (if you knew where to get it)
- New EBCS Pro comes with nickel-plated brass fittings, which look nicer and are super strong.
- Old EBCS came with black plastic fittings that would break when people over tightened them.
- New temp rating is -40 to 250F which means it could be put almost anywhere with no issues.
- Old EBCS Temp rating was 5F- 120F, which is ok for most cars and mounting far away from heat.
- New EBCS Pro response time (open to close) at 12VDC: 10-15ms
- Old EBCS response time (open to close) at 12VDC: 18-25ms
- New EBCS has 2 fitments (universal and WRX) with special brackets that fit any application.
- Old EBCS had no bracket and holes needed to be drilled or zip ties to secure part.
- New EBCS Pro tested under working conditions -40 to 250F to control 80psi of boost accurately. While this is not feasible for most applications, it shows how accurate and how fast this valve can respond and deal with air pressure.
- Old EBCS rated to 120psi of static pressure not under working conditions. These tested to control 40psi of boost accurately.
- New EBCS Pro Control volume is now .2 Cv which is a 5% increase
- Old EBCS Control volume (which can relate to flow) was .19 Cv