Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday December 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
South West Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > South West Impreza Club Forum -- SWIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2010, 12:57 AM   #1
aaron04
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 146569
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Vancouver, WA
Vehicle:
2009 A4

Default Official: SWIC phone thread

Well today I got a Nexus One to compliment my Droid, and my chinavasion excaliber.

Hopefully I'll get it over here soon, the N1 will work over here on the gsm 900 radio.

Who else is an android fanatic here lol
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
aaron04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:00 AM   #2
Z0rr0
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 23123
Join Date: Aug 2002
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Vehicle:
15 WRX 6MT
07 Legacy SpecB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron04 View Post
Well today I got a Nexus One to compliment my Droid, and my chinavasion excaliber.

Hopefully I'll get it over here soon, the N1 will work over here on the gsm 900 radio.

Who else is an android fanatic here lol

i just got a mytouch 3g slide, and the wifey got a garminfone.. we LOVE them so far.. we came from iphones
Z0rr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:33 AM   #3
aaron04
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 146569
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Vancouver, WA
Vehicle:
2009 A4

Default

Android is taking off much faster than the origional Iphone market. If android can put the blackberry business market on lock then, I can see it taking over completly
aaron04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:36 AM   #4
KP
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 147637
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: International
Location: PM SkimSTI for FREEEEEEEEEEEEE
Vehicle:
HJ's Ask
Hobbs. He knows.

Default

I love my droid.
KP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:53 AM   #5
CAPTIN INFERNO
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 74324
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: AZ,NV,ND,CA & Rocky Point!!
Vehicle:
04 GT40R/623WHP
GSXR1216, TJ runnin 40's

Default

Droid X.. July 15!!!
CAPTIN INFERNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 07:29 PM   #6
cronic
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 9749
Join Date: Aug 2001
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
-

Default

Been using the N1 for a while now, and like it a lot. IMO the stock N1 UI sucks, and i much prefer the HTC Sense UI to it.
cronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:39 PM   #7
Ric WRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 187009
Join Date: Aug 2008
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Vehicle:
2008 WRX Sedan Prem
VF52, CAMTuned, Stage 2

Default

I have the Drod Incredible, I like it, but I am thinking of getting the Droid X. I will be selling my Incredible in about 2 weeks. (Mint condition with 2 cases and extra 1500 battery)
Ric WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:29 PM   #8
kpluiten
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 120273
Join Date: Jul 2006
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: AZ
Vehicle:
06 WRBWRXWGN
Now with 100% more Spec-C

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric WRX View Post
I have the Drod Incredible, I like it, but I am thinking of getting the Droid X. I will be selling my Incredible in about 2 weeks. (Mint condition with 2 cases and extra 1500 battery)
You should PM me with a price.
kpluiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:47 PM   #9
bObby
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 66959
Join Date: Jul 2004
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: straight out of Compton
Vehicle:
VF Engineer'd e46
M3 500hp club

Default

I have a Droid Incredible as well and love it.
bObby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:44 PM   #10
BoostInc
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 176520
Join Date: Apr 2008
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: NM
Vehicle:
1994 Legacy SS
black and mud

Default

I had a mytouch, cracked the screen now im rockin a 16 gig iphone that i got for dirt cheap. I like it, droid was cool too, just think the mytouch was ato small to type on.
BoostInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:42 PM   #11
aaron04
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 146569
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Vancouver, WA
Vehicle:
2009 A4

Default

aaron04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:32 AM   #12
NO PULSE
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 110733
Join Date: Mar 2006
Default

NO PULSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:49 PM   #13
aaron04
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 146569
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Vancouver, WA
Vehicle:
2009 A4

Default

No pulse, don't take it as me stepping on your toes, but that article seems to be written for a company looking for financial exploitation of their own. If you use our new anti-virus, we could save you from all this. Seems like they are trying to make something out to be worse than it seems.

I for one, wouldn't trust putting any financial info into a 3rd party app. I only go to the website itself. Those little financial apps, most of them get your log in info, and provide a GUI for the user. Making it a hell of a lot easier to check your balance than going into your banks website on the browser. Worrying sure, but a threat, I'm not sure.

FWIW, any program before downloading will tell you exactly what its going to be getting into, IE Handcent has access to sending and receiving sms messages. Every single app in the market has everything that it has access to on the cover so to speak. So if something looks out of place or your not comfortable, don't download it. Makes sense.

Also google has already used its power to directly remove apps from both your phone and the market. So if a malicious app is brought forth, google gets word, pulls the plug completely.

I for one keep information that if really sensitive, its important enough to not keep on my phone.

Bring on the apps.
aaron04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:41 PM   #14
SedonaScooby
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 143522
Join Date: Mar 2007
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Peoria,Arizona (aka hell)
Vehicle:
1987 Brat GL 4 Speed
98 Forester L (RIP)

Default

I work for corporate att

the iphone 4 launched today. I wish I could get one, phone is nuts


I currently rock a iphone 3g....but have used a plethora of att phones over the past years working for them
SedonaScooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:35 AM   #15
kpluiten
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 120273
Join Date: Jul 2006
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: AZ
Vehicle:
06 WRBWRXWGN
Now with 100% more Spec-C

Default

I want a damn Incredible, but they are back ordered until the 29th of July!!!
kpluiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:23 AM   #16
v8eaterWRX
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 108547
Join Date: Feb 2006
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: boondock camping
Vehicle:
2013 RAM 2500 4x4
6.7l Cummins

Default

I played with the Droid X last week. It is pretty damn sick. You guys waiting on your Incredibles might as well cancel your orders and hold out for it, there is no comparison...
v8eaterWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:25 AM   #17
cronic
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 9749
Join Date: Aug 2001
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
-

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8eaterWRX View Post
I played with the Droid X last week. It is pretty damn sick. You guys waiting on your Incredibles might as well cancel your orders and hold out for it, there is no comparison...
Really? Aren't they pretty similar save the bigger screen on the X? Is the processor that much better?

I really like sense UI, i have never really used Moto-blur or whatever they have on those things. I gotta check it out.
cronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:29 AM   #18
v8eaterWRX
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 108547
Join Date: Feb 2006
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: boondock camping
Vehicle:
2013 RAM 2500 4x4
6.7l Cummins

Default

I personally do not like HTC Sense, so that is a major factor. The X also has a mobile hotspot which is totally badass. 720p video recording, HDMI output, 4.3" screen. It is pretty sick man. The only thing I do not like is the fact that it has physical buttons across the bottom. I would prefer it have virtual like the original Moto Droid.
v8eaterWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:43 AM   #19
WRX357
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 224249
Join Date: Sep 2009
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Phx, AZ
Vehicle:
2002 Subiworx built/
Soulless tuned Bugeye

Default

Just bought the incredible... Big upgrade from my alias2. I hate that phone.
WRX357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:45 AM   #20
v8eaterWRX
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 108547
Join Date: Feb 2006
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: boondock camping
Vehicle:
2013 RAM 2500 4x4
6.7l Cummins

Default

And where the hell ya been cronic? Haven't heard from you in a long ass time.
v8eaterWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:45 AM   #21
v8eaterWRX
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 108547
Join Date: Feb 2006
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: boondock camping
Vehicle:
2013 RAM 2500 4x4
6.7l Cummins

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX357 View Post
Just bought the incredible... Big upgrade from my alias2. I hate that phone.
android os > all
v8eaterWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:53 AM   #22
cronic
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 9749
Join Date: Aug 2001
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
-

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8eaterWRX View Post
I personally do not like HTC Sense, so that is a major factor. The X also has a mobile hotspot which is totally badass. 720p video recording, HDMI output, 4.3" screen. It is pretty sick man. The only thing I do not like is the fact that it has physical buttons across the bottom. I would prefer it have virtual like the original Moto Droid.
Damn, i like the sense.. I hated the standard Google UI on my nexus. I will have to check out moto's UI, and see whats what.

You can do 720p on the nexus one as well(people have cracked it), so i am sure the Incredible can do it as well.

My t-mobile contract is up in Feb, and i am planning to switch to either Verizon or Sprint, depending. Do you offer the homie hookup? lol

-------
Oh and i have been around, just chillen, you? I am about to buy another project car. Think i am going to build a K20 Honda...lol
cronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:57 AM   #23
v8eaterWRX
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 108547
Join Date: Feb 2006
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: boondock camping
Vehicle:
2013 RAM 2500 4x4
6.7l Cummins

Default

Of course I have the homie hook up

I bought a v8 swapped s10 blazer to play with. It moves, but not like my suby. The torque is a lot better though.
v8eaterWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:57 AM   #24
NO PULSE
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 110733
Join Date: Mar 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron04 View Post
No pulse, don't take it as me stepping on your toes, but that article seems to be written for a company looking for financial exploitation of their own. If you use our new anti-virus, we could save you from all this. Seems like they are trying to make something out to be worse than it seems.

I for one, wouldn't trust putting any financial info into a 3rd party app. I only go to the website itself. Those little financial apps, most of them get your log in info, and provide a GUI for the user. Making it a hell of a lot easier to check your balance than going into your banks website on the browser. Worrying sure, but a threat, I'm not sure.

FWIW, any program before downloading will tell you exactly what its going to be getting into, IE Handcent has access to sending and receiving sms messages. Every single app in the market has everything that it has access to on the cover so to speak. So if something looks out of place or your not comfortable, don't download it. Makes sense.

Also google has already used its power to directly remove apps from both your phone and the market. So if a malicious app is brought forth, google gets word, pulls the plug completely.

I for one keep information that if really sensitive, its important enough to not keep on my phone.

Bring on the apps.
Not stepping on my toes. You seem like a smart guy. Most people aren't though and will be taken advantage of via the Android Marketplace by some of the apps that the PDF talks about (as well as new ones that get created).

You're safe, But joe-shmoe isn't.

Wasn't looking for a debate though, just sharing info I saw on the net a few days back.
NO PULSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:12 PM   #25
kpluiten
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 120273
Join Date: Jul 2006
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: AZ
Vehicle:
06 WRBWRXWGN
Now with 100% more Spec-C

Default

Damn Brock, is the X that cool?! Worth the monies over the Incredible.
kpluiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SWIC Gun Thread 06STi South West Impreza Club Forum -- SWIC 2207 12-09-2014 01:06 AM
SWIC Photo Thread - like photography? Post here. bObby South West Impreza Club Forum -- SWIC 1919 11-18-2014 11:46 AM
**Official** SWIC menstration thread. Dirty Taco South West Impreza Club Forum -- SWIC 9 06-25-2008 01:49 AM
OFFICIAL: Cyprus Rally Thread, talk about it here! WRXinWhite Motorsports 47 06-25-2003 04:12 PM
OFFICIAL: BAIC Tire Thread topcover Bay Area Impreza Club Forum -- BAIC 17 08-29-2002 11:49 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.