Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday January 29, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Motorsports > Press Releases

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:30 PM   #1
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 4803
Default COBB Tuning Motorsports Victorious at Redline Time Attack Round 6!

The COBB Tuning Motorsports Team once again proved the power of stock ECU tuning with the COBB Tuning AccessPORT by scoring two first place wins in class as well as an overall win in the Modified AWD class. Brian Lock rocketed the COBB Tuning Motorsports GT-R to a first place win in the Modified AWD Class during the Record Assault session putting the GT-R well ahead of his next nearest competitor by a full second with a 1:23.488 lap time, smashing through the Modified Class track record in the process.

Not to be outdone by his teammate, COBB Tuning Motorsports STI driver, Cameron Benner, quickly raced to the top of the standings during Saturday practice and held that position for the duration of the weekend. However, this was no run away victory as Steve Ruiz in the Stoptech EVOX nipped at his heals as the two fought for lead by tenths of a second. In the end, Cameron was able to grab the AWD Street Tire win with a 1:30.200 lap time.

Both cars were able to handily take their classes in the Super session as well, with Cameron besting several Modified class cars in the process. Brian Lock and the GT-R proved once again that the GT-R is a formidable opponent, especially in the hands of Lock who has spent the majority of his career banging doors in Grand Am Cup and USTCC touring car racing. Brian was able to jump into 2nd place behind the GST Motorsports Super Modified Impreza and hold his lead over 3rd place James Elterman in the Takata Time Attack/LIC Motorsports STI to the finish line.

For Cameron, the Super Session was incredibly exciting as he battled several Modified Class cars. Cameron was able to dispatch the Street Tire RWD 135 BMW of Mike Bonanni, who was suffering oiling issues, as well as the Modified Class 700hp front wheel drive class AFB Motoring Mini of Dez Ballard. Cameron and the mini drove an incredibly close race with the two swapping position several times. In the end, Cameron was able to pull the mini down the back straight on the penultimate lap and hold that lead to the checkered flag despite his 200whp disadvantage.

Despite some minor mechanical difficulties for the STI, ambient temperatures that reached over 105 degrees on race day and track temps that soared above 150 degrees, the cars performed flawlessly showing that solid preparation and a well-sorted car, as well as reliable horsepower thanks to the COBB Tuning AccessPORT, win races.

The team has a 2-month respite from Redline Time Attack and will use that time to repair, refit and do some testing. Look for the team to back on track in Sin City in September!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:31 PM   #2
Turn in Concepts
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 93646
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
Many Track Records
Let us help you go fast!

Hey Guys - 034motorsports video claims you guys are making 1000 on that GTR now. I figured that if you hit that milestone you'd be posting it up everywhere, but I don't see anything. Does that claim hold any water?
Turn in Concepts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:21 PM   #3
B Esquire
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 87049
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
05 Legacy GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turn in Concepts View Post
Hey Guys - 034motorsports video claims you guys are making 1000 on that GTR now. I figured that if you hit that milestone you'd be posting it up everywhere, but I don't see anything. Does that claim hold any water?
It depends on if they are talking about at the wheels or the crank... People like to leave that out when it is convenient .

The last time the car came off the dyno it made about 770 WHP at about 24 psi on a mustang dyno. So even factoring in drivetrain loss I do not think we are at 1000 crank, but we are close.
B Esquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:06 PM   #4
Turn in Concepts
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 93646
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
Many Track Records
Let us help you go fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Esquire View Post
It depends on if they are talking about at the wheels or the crank... People like to leave that out when it is convenient .

The last time the car came off the dyno it made about 770 WHP at about 24 psi on a mustang dyno. So even factoring in drivetrain loss I do not think we are at 1000 crank, but we are close.
Ah! Good point. I thought that I would have seen a press release if you guys hit that 1K mark. I guess I'll have to wait a couple more months before you post one up since I know it's coming.
Turn in Concepts is online now   Reply With Quote