Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday August 27, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Vancouver Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Vancouver Impreza Club Forum -- VIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 09:10 PM   #1
5hif73r
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 169017
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver
Vehicle:
02 Bugeye
MBP

Default Good places to look at wheels

Thinking about picking up a new set of wheels, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for local shops with a decent selection.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
5hif73r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:13 PM   #2
Ricewagon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 59703
Join Date: Apr 2004
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver
Vehicle:
2003 GGA
wrb

Default

What price range are you looking at? Volco comes to mind on having a large on hand selection.
Ricewagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:35 PM   #3
5hif73r
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 169017
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver
Vehicle:
02 Bugeye
MBP

Default

looking to spend prefferably anywhere from 600-1000 on a set.

PS: Are Volco and 1010tires the same thing? Took a look at the online store and they don't have a lot of the wheels I like in the sizes I want, do they have more selection/options in store?
5hif73r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:42 PM   #4
Irish2ner
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 249324
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: whiterock
Vehicle:
04 WRX
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hif73r View Post
Thinking about picking up a new set of wheels, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for local shops with a decent selection.
Did you check over on revscene.com?
there always seems to be a good selection there.
but then your buying used
Irish2ner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:50 PM   #5
Ricewagon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 59703
Join Date: Apr 2004
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver
Vehicle:
2003 GGA
wrb

Default

At that price, buying used or online is your best bet. Locally, You wont have much choice new.
Ricewagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:06 AM   #6
tora
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 5851
Join Date: Apr 2001
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver
Vehicle:
09 Forester XT
+ NA Miata

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hif73r View Post
looking to spend prefferably anywhere from 600-1000 on a set.

PS: Are Volco and 1010tires the same thing? Took a look at the online store and they don't have a lot of the wheels I like in the sizes I want, do they have more selection/options in store?
Many of the sizes available are NOT on the website. 1010 and Volco are the same. I do to the one on Marine near Knight. I've gotten two sets from them that weren't advertised. If the manufacturer makes it they can usually get it. Tiretrends went way down hill in the last few years IMO. If you want Rota Garage 5 usually has a number of 5x100's in stock and can get Rota's in. If you could be more specific of what you are looking for that may help.
tora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:21 AM   #7
5hif73r
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 169017
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver
Vehicle:
02 Bugeye
MBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tora View Post
Many of the sizes available are NOT on the website. 1010 and Volco are the same. I do to the one on Marine near Knight. I've gotten two sets from them that weren't advertised. If the manufacturer makes it they can usually get it. Tiretrends went way down hill in the last few years IMO. If you want Rota Garage 5 usually has a number of 5x100's in stock and can get Rota's in. If you could be more specific of what you are looking for that may help.

I'd like a set of 17x8 +35 Konig Runaways in shadow black but idealy some Rota SVNs 17x8 +35 in Full Royal Sports Bronze (love bronze wheels, gold is a little bright for my tastes), but don't know of anyone local who can get them for a decent price.
5hif73r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:31 AM   #8
bobola
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 176277
Join Date: Apr 2008
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver
Vehicle:
08 Impreza
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hif73r View Post
I'd like a set of 17x8 +35 Konig Runaways in shadow black but idealy some Rota SVNs 17x8 +35 in Full Royal Sports Bronze (love bronze wheels, gold is a little bright for my tastes), but don't know of anyone local who can get them for a decent price.

If you want rotas.

Should check out Garage Five like Tora said.

Or check out wheeldude.com and ship it to Point Roberts and drive down there and pick up.

Should also get a quote from Garage Five first, sometimes the difference might not be that much.

I'm also looking for a set of used 5x100 for that price range ..
bobola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:11 AM   #9
alvinli217
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 133236
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Hong Kong
Vehicle:
2010 TR GTI
04 WRB STi-GONE

Default

or just get it from subydude and ship it to point roberts...if i remember correctly, garage five gets them from subydude as well. correct me if i am wrong.
alvinli217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:48 AM   #10
ywgscooby
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 246501
Join Date: May 2010
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Langley, BC
Default

I just got my rims from Image in Motion, best prices in Vancouver.
ywgscooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:11 AM   #11
tora
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 5851
Join Date: Apr 2001
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver
Vehicle:
09 Forester XT
+ NA Miata

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ywgscooby View Post
I just got my rims from Image in Motion, best prices in Vancouver.
What kind of rims? What do they carry?
tora is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
good place to look for scrap parts (doors, etc)?? scutts Tri-State Area Forum 6 05-29-2010 02:53 PM
Good place to look for a job on a team shemoves Motorsports 5 12-04-2008 12:09 PM
places to look at laptops DEVO-2nd GEN Vancouver Impreza Club Forum -- VIC 3 07-11-2004 01:32 AM
Places to look at aftermarket wheels? SCutchins Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC 9 07-04-2004 10:29 AM
Any good shops to look at wheels in N. Atlanta? Azuth South East Region Forum 3 09-14-2001 02:25 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2015, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.