Texas Impreza Club Forum sponsored by Gillman Subaru Houston
and Gillman Subaru San Antonio
|07-12-2010, 04:31 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jul 2006
Gillman Subaru presents: The BIG EVENT 2 with Dave Mirra - August 21, 2010
It's baaack!!! ...bigger and better than ever.
Everyone is invited, ...HOU, DAL, SA, ATX, ...all of TXIC, (and more).
Duh! This event is so big we couldn't name it anything but, the "Big Event 2" (and we already had one)
(1) Appearance by Subaru Rally Team driver Dave Mirra:
An American BMX athlete, Subaru Rally Team USA driver and business owner. Mirra holds the record for most X-Games medals, standing (and gold medals) and has medaled in every X Games since they started in 1995. His current medal count as of July 31, 2009 in the X Games is 24. In 2008, he placed second in BMX Big Air and third in Rally Car Racing at the X Games. He is known primarily as a vert ramp and park rider. He has ridden and has been sponsored by Haro Bikes since the mid '90s before starting his own bike company.
Dave Mirra will be at the event from:
10:00-11:30 & 12:00-1:30
Don't forget your Sharpie and any memorabilia you'd like autographed. (we will have lots of goodies as well)
(2) Shop Day:
Rules and Registration:
- There will be a required $20 payment to Gillman for using their bays. With this fee you will get two bands and one t-shirt. One band is for you and one for a passenger.
- If you are going to be in the shop you are required to have a band.
- If you are not working on a car, but want to be in the shop you will need to pay $5 for a band.
- No one under 13 will be allowed in the shop area.
- We are doing this to keep the shop area a little less congested for everyone’s safety.
- No open toed shoes, flip flops, or sandals.
- There is a 2 hour maximum per car per shop bay. If you run over the 2 hour maximum, you will be charged an additional $20, plan your time accordingly.
- The money collected for working on your car, and entry into the shop will help to offset the additional required safety equipment, and other needs for the day.
Shop Day Registration & info thread:
(3) Car Show
Last event was exclusive to only Subarus, ...this year we've opened it up to everyone. We have many of Houston's local teams bringing a selection of thier cars, as well as a "Subaru" only area and awards, including special award presented by Dave Mirra.
Best Impreza 97-01
Best Impreza 02-03
Best Impreza 04-05
Best Impreza 06-07
Best Impreza 08+
Best Other (Forester, Outback, Tribeca, Brat/Baja, etc...)
Best Subaru (overall)
Best Open Class (overall)
Best Wheel Fitment/Stance
7-9am Registration and load in
5pm Awards Ceremony
Car Show Pre-Registration Thread:
With last years count of cars, we'd like to shoot for 40-50 Subarus in addition to another 50+ mix of an open class. All entries will recieve a free goodie bag including an Event T-shirt, a certificate from Royal Purple for a case of oil (6 qts), among other good stuff.
(4) 2011 WRX widebody Sedan debut:
The 2011 Subaru WRX will be on hand. Take a seat, take a pic, place your order.
(5) Sponsors, Vendors and Services:
- AWD Tuning
- COBB Tuning
- Photographic Tendencies
- Underground Graphics
- Mayday Garage
- Royal Purple
- Paintless Dent Removal
- Windshield Repair
- T-Shirts & Stickers
Please contact Wally direct at 713-446-1415 for sponsor/vendor opportunities.
- Local BBQ will be on hand to provide food.
- Raffle drawings and giveaways will be done throughout the day.
(7) Special pricing on Subaru parts:
- 20% of one day only at the Subaru Parts counter, Call now to order for shop day pick up and still receive the promotional discount.
Saturday, August 21, 2010 (in case you missed it above)
8:00am - 6:00pm
Gillman Subaru SW
10575 W. Sam Houston Pkwy. South
Houston, TX 77099
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Last edited by glilly; 08-10-2010 at 07:12 PM.
|07-12-2010, 06:41 PM||#6|
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 2807 Justin Rd, Flower MoundVehicle:
2007 STi & 09 SpecB
Can't wait. We'll have a couple cars coming down with us, and some pretty neat prizes to hand out.
|07-12-2010, 06:44 PM||#7|
Join Date: Jul 2006
2007 WRX TR
Rudolph the Red Nose
SO IN! Head to this before I get hammered at the Carnival of Madness, other wise known as the Budlight Weenie Roast!
|07-12-2010, 07:08 PM||#8|
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Austin, DFW, Portland, SOCAL
Can't wait to check out all the cool Subarus and meet some new and old faces!
It'll be a hot day in Houston for sure!
|07-12-2010, 07:25 PM||#9|
Join Date: Mar 2000
Afterparty will be super-stupid over at Rocbar....lots of tricks up our sleeves. We got some REALLY cool shizz comin' up for this event.
Last edited by RallyGuy2k; 07-12-2010 at 10:23 PM.
|07-12-2010, 07:52 PM||#14|
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Look MFerVehicle:
I'm on your lawn
do something about it
|07-12-2010, 08:00 PM||#15|
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Broussard, LAVehicle:
05 STi, 02 STi
& 09Ltd Tribeca
im down for this may bring couple of the Louisiana boys too
|07-12-2010, 08:45 PM||#16|
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In a van, down by the river...Vehicle:
2000 brp GC
...and still adding to it
One of the busiest time of the year at work for me. Wish I could make it.
|07-12-2010, 08:48 PM||#17|
Warden of NASIOC Timeout
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: P-Ville, TexasVehicle:
'08 X3 3.0si 6MT
'09 135i 6MT & '08 STi
Will be there, of course...
|07-12-2010, 09:44 PM||#19|
Join Date: May 2004
4eAT San Remo Red
|07-13-2010, 08:23 AM||#23|
*** Banned ***
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: ☢ ☢ ☢ ☢Vehicle:
Please don't stickie this. Then I'll forgot about it and never see it.
Like I'm saying something you guys don't already know.
|07-13-2010, 09:55 AM||#25|
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Spring, TXVehicle:
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Thanks JohnP, Glilly, Wally & Gillman Subaru for a great event||SandyVag||Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC||8||11-02-2008 04:01 PM|
|TXIC: Gillman Subaru SW "The BIG Event" - Saturday, February 2, 2008||glilly||Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC||183||02-05-2008 11:00 AM|
|The Big Event - Shop Day Pre-Registration Thread||Turd Ferguson||Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC||130||02-05-2008 12:33 AM|
|The Big Event - Car Show Pre-Registration Thread||glilly||Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC||91||02-02-2008 07:41 AM|