Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday September 17, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Rocky Mountains Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Rocky Mountains Impreza Club Forum -- RMIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2010, 08:01 PM   #1
kyledupreez
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 248479
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: up BIG C wood Canyon
Vehicle:
2000 sti'ish outback
and something german

Default anyone know of any jobs?

just looking for anything. im working at ikea right now (it sucks) so wondering if anyone knows about any openings at their work or of any companies hiring. im just looking for something entry level that isnt manual labor. preferably customer service.

thanks.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
kyledupreez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:01 PM   #2
bugeye-brawler
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 182337
Join Date: Jun 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NYC
Vehicle:
1997 Impreza Outback
Sport -- White

Default

good luck man I have been searching for months now
bugeye-brawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:08 PM   #3
SL,UT_STI
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 161458
Join Date: Oct 2007
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Draper
Vehicle:
1999 BLK 2.5RS
Swap in progress

Default

ebay will be hiring the first of august..... i knlow because i work there and its a 5 minute drive from ikea so that far from you!!!! if you apply PM me before you do i get a bonus for everyone that i refer that gets a job and i would be happy to share what i get

info on job:

all shifts avialable (morning, swing, night)
NO part time
starting pay is 12.50-14.25 + experience bonus on top (i make more then that because i have 3 years of CS before i was hired)
5% shift diff for swings and night shifts
quarterly bonus
beifits on day one
401k match
ESPP

awesome place to work and does not take long at all to move up in the company
SL,UT_STI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:53 PM   #4
kyledupreez
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 248479
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: up BIG C wood Canyon
Vehicle:
2000 sti'ish outback
and something german

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL,UT_STI View Post
ebay will be hiring the first of august..... i knlow because i work there and its a 5 minute drive from ikea so that far from you!!!! if you apply PM me before you do i get a bonus for everyone that i refer that gets a job and i would be happy to share what i get

info on job:

all shifts avialable (morning, swing, night)
NO part time
starting pay is 12.50-14.25 + experience bonus on top (i make more then that because i have 3 years of CS before i was hired)
5% shift diff for swings and night shifts
quarterly bonus
beifits on day one
401k match
ESPP

awesome place to work and does not take long at all to move up in the company
ive applied there (spoke to kathy? HR lady? ) and she said i needed more customer service experience (like a year 8 months), but i will give her another call maybe since i know enough people that work there that will help, pm sent.
kyledupreez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:50 AM   #5
t0astercrumbs
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 231590
Join Date: Dec 2009
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Vehicle:
2011 Chevy 3500HD
Victory Red

Default

i wish i could give you my job but it is "manual labor." I am getting tired of traveling. For how much I travel, I have only put 1700 miles on my car since i picked it up in december. I drive rentals more than my own car.
t0astercrumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:52 AM   #6
kyledupreez
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 248479
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: up BIG C wood Canyon
Vehicle:
2000 sti'ish outback
and something german

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0astercrumbs View Post
i wish i could give you my job but it is "manual labor." I am getting tired of traveling. For how much I travel, I have only put 1700 miles on my car since i picked it up in december. I drive rentals more than my own car.
What do you do? Like I'm not ruling it out it's just not my first pick.
kyledupreez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:47 AM   #7
While At Rome
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 247550
Join Date: May 2010
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Salt Lake
Vehicle:
09 STI

Default

I need a job too.

Sadly Intermountain Health doesnt like new grads
While At Rome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:18 AM   #8
Jncominco2
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 170212
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: West Point, Utah
Vehicle:
02 WRX Sedan
MBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeye-brawler View Post
good luck man I have been searching for months now
same, been out of a job since mid april. applied to freakin everywhere, but your lucky cause theres more jobs down that way than up here
Jncominco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:06 AM   #9
t0astercrumbs
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 231590
Join Date: Dec 2009
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Vehicle:
2011 Chevy 3500HD
Victory Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyledupreez View Post
What do you do? Like I'm not ruling it out it's just not my first pick.
I work for Siemens Energy. I travel across the country working at different powerplants. We have a plant that we service in Lehi near the Harley dealership. Anyway, we go in and do the maintenance on the gas turbines and generators. The ****s big and heavy. I thought it was cool at first but the traveling gets old. I've been on one location for 7 weeks straight working 84 hrs a week, go home for 10 days and be gone for another 6 weeks straight. The most I've done is 50 some days straight working 12 hrs a day.

The **** we work with is big and hurts when you get in the wrong position. For an idea on the tools we use, anywhere from a 7/16 or smaller to over 2" sockets and 1 1/2" impacts. The machine is basically a large aircraft engine but on this the rotor weights 80 tons. Some bolts on certain machines we have to use the crane to remove them from the cases.

t0astercrumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:57 AM   #10
Anub1s
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 81106
Join Date: Feb 2005
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SL,UT
Vehicle:
2014 Baby Mobile
Whitey White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL,UT_STI View Post
ebay will be hiring the first of august..... i knlow because i work there and its a 5 minute drive from ikea so that far from you!!!! if you apply PM me before you do i get a bonus for everyone that i refer that gets a job and i would be happy to share what i get

info on job:

all shifts avialable (morning, swing, night)
NO part time
starting pay is 12.50-14.25 + experience bonus on top (i make more then that because i have 3 years of CS before i was hired)
5% shift diff for swings and night shifts
quarterly bonus
beifits on day one
401k match
ESPP

awesome place to work and does not take long at all to move up in the company
Interesting, I work just north of you. I'm sure I've seen your car parked there at some point or another.
Anub1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:53 PM   #11
kyledupreez
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 248479
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: up BIG C wood Canyon
Vehicle:
2000 sti'ish outback
and something german

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0astercrumbs View Post
I work for Siemens Energy. I travel across the country working at different powerplants. We have a plant that we service in Lehi near the Harley dealership. Anyway, we go in and do the maintenance on the gas turbines and generators. The ****s big and heavy. I thought it was cool at first but the traveling gets old. I've been on one location for 7 weeks straight working 84 hrs a week, go home for 10 days and be gone for another 6 weeks straight. The most I've done is 50 some days straight working 12 hrs a day.

The **** we work with is big and hurts when you get in the wrong position. For an idea on the tools we use, anywhere from a 7/16 or smaller to over 2" sockets and 1 1/2" impacts. The machine is basically a large aircraft engine but on this the rotor weights 80 tons. Some bolts on certain machines we have to use the crane to remove them from the cases.

wow that sounds crazy, looks way cool though, ha dont think i could even dream of doing that. i have a hard enough time putting a intake on my sti. haha
kyledupreez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:29 PM   #12
t0astercrumbs
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 231590
Join Date: Dec 2009
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Vehicle:
2011 Chevy 3500HD
Victory Red

Default

Most of the time we only work 8-9 months of the year and have the summers off, and I still get to collect unemployment when I'm sitting home. Last year I worked over 3,000 hours
t0astercrumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:21 PM   #13
fourmicah
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 128760
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Over there>
Vehicle:
2012 Ruckus/WRX
Red&White/Gray

Default

American Express is hiring right now. www.americanexpress.com/careers. You may have to try and get on through Kelly Services, but after 90 days you have the opportunity to get on permanently.
fourmicah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:26 PM   #14
kyledupreez
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 248479
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: up BIG C wood Canyon
Vehicle:
2000 sti'ish outback
and something german

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourmicah View Post
American Express is hiring right now. www.americanexpress.com/careers. You may have to try and get on through Kelly Services, but after 90 days you have the opportunity to get on permanently.
i had thought about them but its way far from my house. i live just round the point in lehi (by thanksgiving point and cabelas) and i worked out they way before commute was a B***H. but its worth a try ill look into it.
kyledupreez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:06 PM   #15
kyledupreez
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 248479
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: up BIG C wood Canyon
Vehicle:
2000 sti'ish outback
and something german

Default

bump, just realized how much i actually hate my job. haha
kyledupreez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:31 AM   #16
DraconisWRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 162108
Join Date: Oct 2007
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: WVC UT
Default

My dad worked at Ikea for a while right after they first opened, he hated it and went back to doing facilities maintenance at discover card. My mom works at amex, first started through Kelly Services and has been there quite a few years.

BTW gl with your search.
DraconisWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:47 AM   #17
While At Rome
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 247550
Join Date: May 2010
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Salt Lake
Vehicle:
09 STI

Default

IF ANYONE HAS SOME WORK LET ME KNOW. i need some under the table cash, or temp work. I got a BSN RN degree and cant find a goddamn job in this god forsaken place.

either way id be down for some cheddar, even if it means ditch digging.
While At Rome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:33 PM   #18
boney7
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 114696
Join Date: May 2006
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Too Ill Uh, Utah
Vehicle:
02 WRX
02 White Wrx/itch fixed

Default

boney7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:49 AM   #19
kyledupreez
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 248479
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: up BIG C wood Canyon
Vehicle:
2000 sti'ish outback
and something german

Default

^ thanks I'll check that out today.
kyledupreez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone know of any jobs? notyet227 Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC 8 01-06-2009 11:53 AM
Anyone know of any jobs, or openings in the bay area? any shops or vendors need help? sonic03rex Bay Area Impreza Club Forum -- BAIC 1 06-15-2008 06:13 PM
Anyone know of any availible jobs? Opie South East Region Forum 13 05-17-2001 10:46 AM
Anyone know of any good job openings for.... MPREZYA Bay Area Impreza Club Forum -- BAIC 4 03-06-2001 09:42 PM
OT Anyone know of any telecomm jobs in SD? Digital_Boy General Forum Archive 0 07-24-2000 08:09 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.