Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 31, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Transmission (AT/MT) & Driveline

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:29 PM   #1
subarumafia700
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 150288
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
1998 Impreza Sedan
Dark Green

Default Clutch issue...random burning clutch smell

So i installed an F1 stage 2 clutch about 3500 miles ago with an F1 11lbs flywheel. Everything was brand new. The clutch is ment for a wrx, but its the same still as my 91 turbo tranny. I also have the 91 master and slave cylinder. I have been noticing a random clutch smell laitly, sometimes after a pull, sometimes just after cruising around and pulling into my parking spot. The clutch pedal seems to sometimes come off the floor a little slower then most times. Where should i start? master is a bit dirty fluids a little dark should i start with cleaning?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
subarumafia700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:04 AM   #2
hybrid gti 2
Scooby Guru

Member#: 67004
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
02 vf30 pnp wagon
silver and cf

Yea I would start with clean fluid. Dot 3/dot 4 what ever it calls for. Auto parts store cheap stuff works fine. It sounds like your having a hydraulic issue. If the pressure still has issues. I would say master and slave time. It uses a pull style clutch. So the hydraulics is pretty much the only thing to cause this delay in the pedal.

The f1 stage 2 clutch
http://gripforce.com/store/index.php...roducts_id=396

I would say it should be broken in by now 3.5k. Kevlar clutches don't really smell much from my experience. Generally it slips or it works. As well it's pretty cheap of a clutch. Known to have some issues.

I say it a hydraulic issue. The lag time for the clutch to engage is causing extra wear. So fix it soon. Make sure you bleed it correctly.
hybrid gti 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:50 PM   #3
subarumafia700
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 150288
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
1998 Impreza Sedan
Dark Green

ok thanks ill try, idk if i can break the bleeders free without breaking them, both slave and master are from a 91 turbo leg, and being that its vermont, rust goes havock
subarumafia700 is offline   Reply With Quote