Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday October 25, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Legacy Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 08-27-2010, 10:45 PM   #1
rougeben83
Scooby Guru

Member#: 115154
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2005 Outback XT
White on grey

Default Aftermarket WRX/STI radiator in a BE/BH Legacy.

This is a repost of my thread on SL-i, just passing info along for future reference.

I figure since I kept saying that the WRX/STI radiator will fit the 3rd gen legacy's that I should put my money where my mouth is.

Not that it was any surprise...I was already running an oem radiator from an STI when my old one developed a leak.

Anyway, hoses from those cars fit too. Yes I know, my engine is an ej205 now, but the locations are identical to the ej251.

So there you go, another cheap alternative when your stocker with the crap plastic endcap finally blows. Ebay aluminum radiators (aka CRX racing, etc. Mine is a Megan, just a knockoff of the Mishimoto...which I'm sure is a knockoff of another radiator ) run around $120-150 shipped, vs. $300 for a new OEM one.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
rougeben83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:12 PM   #2
Mishimoto
NASIOC Manufacturer

Member#: 207954

Quote:
Originally Posted by rougeben83 View Post
So there you go, another cheap alternative when your stocker with the crap plastic endcap finally blows. Ebay aluminum radiators (aka CRX racing, etc. Mine is a Megan, just a knockoff of the Mishimoto...which I'm sure is a knockoff of another radiator ) run around $120-150 shipped, vs. $300 for a new OEM one.

We are not a knock-off company. Right now, we are in process of releasing something for the Baja's, which may fit the Legacy's. I will keep you guys posted!
Mishimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:46 PM   #3
girodisc
Former Vendor

Member#: 177674
Chapter/Region: NWIC

Can you make one for the LL Bean H6 Outbacks? Us swapped guys would be greatful.
girodisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:49 PM   #4
Mishimoto
NASIOC Manufacturer

Member#: 207954

^^ Girodisc, I would be happy to take down a request for you.

Send me a PM or e-mail me at patrick@mishimoto.com with the year of the vehicle, the motor that is in it, and contact information.
Mishimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:08 PM   #5
rougeben83
Scooby Guru

Member#: 115154
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2005 Outback XT
White on grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post

We are not a knock-off company. Right now, we are in process of releasing something for the Baja's, which may fit the Legacy's. I will keep you guys posted!
It was a tongue-in-cheek comment, hence the smiley at the end. And it WILL fit the 00-04 Legacy if it fits the Baja, the front halves of those cars are identical, which I demonstrated also will be backwards compatible with a 02-07 WRX/STI.
rougeben83 is offline   Reply With Quote