Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday September 30, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
New England Subaru Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > New England Impreza Club Forum -- NESIC > NESIC Private Classifieds

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:06 PM   #1
stackingreasyBBs
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 70689
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
14 Focus
Sparkly grey/gray

Default FS: 2004 Kawasaki Ninja250 | Rochester, NH

*SOLD*

2004 Ninja 250 for sale in the Rochester/Seacoast NH area. $1200 OBO
Current mileage is 19,037. This will continue to go up until it gets cold, providing I have time to ride it.
Some general pics, here’s the link to the gallery for more detailed ones: http://s144.photobucket.com/albums/r191/stackingreasyBBs/Ninja250/

And since it’s an internet ad, here’s a short video to prove it starts and runs:

This was my first bike, purchased in the summer of 2007. I’m the third owner. The first apparently didn’t own it for very long, the second put about 6k on it, and I’ve put on about 12k more. It’s a great starter bike, and actually does pretty much everything I’ve asked of it. It’s been my commuter for 3 years, on a commute that’s about 10 miles of back roads and about 20 miles of highway, with no complaints. All maintenance has been performed by me, with relatively complete records. Synthetic oil since about 6k, Fram or Purolator filters every time. The first winter I had it, I tried to ride throughout the season, but turns out that wasn’t very fun. So since then, it’s been kept on a battery tender during the winter, with stabilizer in the tank. Last valve adjustment done at 18k. A loose locknut allowed a rocker arm to break sometime after this adjustment, which damaged the cam chain. However, I was able to press the sideplate of the chain back on and slightly peen the head of the pin, and all broken or otherwise damaged parts were replaced with OEM Kawasaki stuff from ronayers.com. There is a thread detailing the incident here: http://forums.ninja250.org/viewtopic...er=&highlight= I’ve ridden several hundred miles since fixing it with no problems, so I’m fairly confident that it did the job.

The bike was down once at about 20mph, when someone turned in front of me in rainy Portsmouth. Too much front brake led to a lowside on the left side. I replaced the broken clutch lever (OEM), bent the shift lever back (good as new!), and bought a new turn signal lens to replace the scratched/cracked one. The original’s not that bad, so I never installed the new one, but it’s certainly included. There are some scrapes on the left bar end, left upper fairing (just at the corner), and the left exhaust can. Nothing major. Other than that the bodywork is in fairly good shape, just wear and tear from normal use and from having a magnetic tank bag. It was never a garage queen.
The super sexy ghettofabulous rack and top box is included in the sale. Might not look the best, but it’s damn useful for commuting. The tank bag is not included.
Also included in the sale will be some random spare small parts that I’ve acquired, as well as a larger touring windscreen from Mike on the ninja250.org forums. And a full chrome stock exhaust that I got from a friend, in case the black doesn’t tickle your fancy.
Bike also has:
Heated grips (switch is pretty ghetto, since the original broke. But it's an easy fix)
Galfer Stainless brake lines at 10,580
Bridgestone BT45 tires at 10,580 (plenty of life left in them)
EBC brake pads at 10,843 (will need replacing in the near future)
JT sprockets, RK XSO chain at 16,182
New battery last year

Contact is probably easiest through PMs. I’ll check them at least daily. I don’t have a trailer, but if you’re close and I can find a ride home, I might be able to help out with delivery.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by stackingreasyBBs; 10-14-2010 at 07:27 AM.
stackingreasyBBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:51 PM   #2
stackingreasyBBs
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
14 Focus
Sparkly grey/gray

Bump for the holiday weekend coming up. The best riding weather is yet to come. Please don't make me put this on Craigslist!
Old 09-30-2010, 08:12 AM   #3
stackingreasyBBs
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
14 Focus
Sparkly grey/gray

Still for sale. Took the rack off and took it for a ride the other day. Runs great, everything's ready to go.