Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday July 12, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Care & Detailing

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 09-06-2010, 02:55 PM   #1
TurboTron
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 252196
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2007 STi
UGM!

Default Good suede cleaner?

I'm at target right now lol. I need a good suede cleaner for my Sti. Any suggestions?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
TurboTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:01 PM   #2
AutoAesthetica
Former Vendor

Member#: 246785
Chapter/Region: Tri-State

Bearing in mind you should do a test portion first in an inconspicuous area, a safe, inexpensive alternative to a specialized really expensive cleaner is regular woolite mixed 1 part to 10-15 parts water.

Biggest thing when cleaning kind of upholstery or auto fabrics is doing the dry work before you introduce moisture. Give them a brisk brush and good vac before introducing any kind of cleaners.

Either way do NOT saturate your surface, and start with a small test area just to make sure and safe.

You can clean alcantara with a mild woolite and water solution(10-15 parts water TO 1 part woolite) on a damp(not wet, not dripping or sopping wet) microfiber and worked in small sections blotting up anything left on the surface. Woolite is very gentle, cleans well and is generally very safe for many surfaces. The other part is using something that is not harsh because heavy detergents if left in fabrics can stiffen them up and cause even more dirt to be attracted. Some guys just douse carpet cleaner or general purpose cleaners on fabrics and that can eventually do a little more damage as well as shortening the amount of time they stay clean. That probably isn't the best practice compared to something mild or even an upholstery specific cleaner.
AutoAesthetica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:11 PM   #3
TurboTron
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 252196
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2007 STi
UGM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoAesthetica
Bearing in mind you should do a test portion first in an inconspicuous area, a safe, inexpensive alternative to a specialized really expensive cleaner is regular woolite mixed 1 part to 10-15 parts water.

Biggest thing when cleaning kind of upholstery or auto fabrics is doing the dry work before you introduce moisture. Give them a brisk brush and good vac before introducing any kind of cleaners.

Either way do NOT saturate your surface, and start with a small test area just to make sure and safe.

You can clean alcantara with a mild woolite and water solution(10-15 parts water TO 1 part woolite) on a damp(not wet, not dripping or sopping wet) microfiber and worked in small sections blotting up anything left on the surface. Woolite is very gentle, cleans well and is generally very safe for many surfaces. The other part is using something that is not harsh because heavy detergents if left in fabrics can stiffen them up and cause even more dirt to be attracted. Some guys just douse carpet cleaner or general purpose cleaners on fabrics and that can eventually do a little more damage as well as shortening the amount of time they stay clean. That probably isn't the best practice compared to something mild or even an upholstery specific cleaner.
Wow thank you I wasn't expecting an answer that quickly! I have tons of woolite at my house. I'm just buying a soft brush. Thanks!!!
TurboTron is offline   Reply With Quote