Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday June 30, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Normally Aspirated Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:02 PM   #1
Nico01
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 346917
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza OBS

Default WRX/2.5 Interchangeability

So obviously, most aftermarket performance parts out there for Subarus are made for the WRX and STi, rather than our N/A powerplant. What aftermarket parts will be interchangeable from a WRX/STi to the 2.5? Headers, exhaust, intake, etc?

I feel like this should be common information, but my google-fu hasn't turned up a good resource or post on this. Sorry if this has come up before and I missed it.
Nico01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2013, 08:45 PM   #2
Jr_gosetto
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 361946
Vehicle:
06 Impreza RS
Silver

If you are looking for NA Subaru parts the best company I have found so far is Tech Works Engeneering out of Alberta Canada. They do everything from cams springs and valves to fully built race engines there pricier then almost anything ull find but they are parts designed for our NA engines. I havnt heard of many people who are running there parts but I have heard from very repeatable builders who say their parts are top top quality
Jr_gosetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #3
GrundleJuice
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 165749
Chapter/Region: South East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr_gosetto View Post
If you are looking for NA Subaru parts the best company I have found so far is Tech Works Engeneering out of Alberta Canada. They do everything from cams springs and valves to fully built race engines there pricier then almost anything ull find but they are parts designed for our NA engines. I havnt heard of many people who are running there parts but I have heard from very repeatable builders who say their parts are top top quality
The twe headers are the best available.
GrundleJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:03 PM   #4
Jr_gosetto
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
06 Impreza RS
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceFaceXC View Post

The twe headers are the best available.
I'm guessing your talking about the high output headers and I'd also hope so at the price tag of 1000$. And if so they are also super sexy looking. And RaceFaceXC have u ever used any of there performance parts??

Last edited by Jr_gosetto; 09-30-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:57 AM   #5
Nico01
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 Impreza OBS

Quote:
If you are looking for NA Subaru parts the best company I have found so far is Tech Works Engeneering out of Alberta Canada. They do everything from cams springs and valves to fully built race engines there pricier then almost anything ull find but they are parts designed for our NA engines.
Actually, the reason I asked is that I'm trying to get some more power out of my engine on a reasonable budget. I've got maybe $1000 to spend on some upgrades (split between power and handling mods), so I've been looking through the classifieds here but NA-specific parts are few and far between.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #6
Jr_gosetto
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
06 Impreza RS
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico01 View Post

Actually, the reason I asked is that I'm trying to get some more power out of my engine on a reasonable budget. I've got maybe $1000 to spend on some upgrades (split between power and handling mods), so I've been looking through the classifieds here but NA-specific parts are few and far between.
Well there was a post in one of my built motor thread a guy stated he got around 200 hp for around 800 euro or so ill look for it and post the link [edit] well I can't find his post anywhere but from the browse around my threads again all the NA builds have 1 main thing in common and that's focusing on the heads so milling to raise CR, ej255 or 257 HG for a raise in CR and the HG should never leak again, cams, and porting. And if I plan on building the NA 2.5 u have to upgrade the springs and retainers so u dont get float at high rpm use.[edit]

Last edited by Jr_gosetto; 10-01-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:48 PM   #7
Nico01
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 Impreza OBS

Quote:
Well there was a post in one of my built motor thread a guy stated he got around 200 hp for around 800 euro or so ill look for it and post the link [edit] well I can't find his post anywhere but from the browse around my threads again all the NA builds have 1 main thing in common and that's focusing on the heads so milling to raise CR, ej255 or 257 HG for a raise in CR and the HG should never leak again, cams, and porting. And if I plan on building the NA 2.5 u have to upgrade the springs and retainers so u dont get float at high rpm use.[edit]
Right now I'm at bone stock but I'm planning on doing as much bolt-on as possible. Debating whether or not to also do cams (probably Delta 1000 or equivalent) and springs. Definitely not gonna port the heads or touch the bottom end.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:10 PM   #8
Jr_gosetto
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
06 Impreza RS
Silver

I wasn't referring to the bottom end I was talking Compression Ratio. I was mentioning the ej255 or 257 Head Gaskets bc I hear it some the leak problem the open deck h4 gets, and raises the Compression Ratio. alot of people on hear seem to like the delta 1500. Also the porting is just to try and get a little more power but I guess not if your on that right of a budget. Milling the heads for straitness is always smart tho. I think the Subaru tolerance is .002 or .0025 . Easily checked it a machinist strait edge and feeler gauges. And if they need milled might aswell take off a few more thou to raise the CR. I hear milling .040 off creates feel able power gains.

Last edited by Jr_gosetto; 10-01-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #9
Jr_gosetto
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
06 Impreza RS
Silver

And i would only sugest 10.5:1 so u dont have to touch the bottom end. The only reason u would need a better bottom end with 10.5:1is if u r raising the redline by 1000 rpm or so. And with the SOHC (witch I'm assuming u have) they make there power in the mid range and starts dying out before stock redline anyways. If u have DOHC tho the high rpms r where they shine. And I have been talking with TWE about there stage || cams (email from TWE readable hear http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2556473) just so u have an idea of wat u can make in power from one company
Old 10-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #10
tmyers82
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 244890
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited
DGM

maybe check here too.

http://boxer4racing.com/
tmyers82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:51 PM   #11
Jr_gosetto
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
06 Impreza RS
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmyers82 View Post
maybe check here too.

http://boxer4racing.com/
Good thing I've been watching this thread bc that site is pretty awesome for the NA subi. Not alot of performance mods but they have great upgrade (plug wires and fuel pumps) and maintenance parts