Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday August 27, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Built Motor Discussion

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 09-14-2010, 12:37 AM   #1
xIceHoundx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 254070
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza STi
Blue

Default tapping noise from engine

I recently traded my way into a 2004 STi and am new to subaru and the whole boxer engine setup. So I am hearing a tapping sound from my engine that I'm fairly certain is coming from valvetrain. Another problem I've had is my glowshift oil pressure gauge reading way off but I believe this to be due to ba ground as it has flickered on and off before while driving. So if anyone could shed some light as to these boxer engines and why I'd be getting the noise it would be greatly appreciated. Chassis has 40k miles on it and engine has prob 12k or so, its a cobb tuner series 1 block bottom engine and stage 2 head setup put together by cobb. Its still on the breakin tune and ill be getting it retuned soon but want to make sure its good to go before full tune. Oh also here's a mods list:Engine:-Agency Power Billet Pitch Stop-APS Tumbler Valve Delete Assemblies-Cobb Stage 1 Tuner Series Block-Cobb Stage 2 Heads-Cosworth Timing Belt Guide-Cosworth Head Gasket-Cosworth Subaru WRX STI EJ25 AVCS Cams-Cosworth Subaru EJ20/25 Engine 2002-06 Modified Oil Pump-Gates Racing Timing Belt-Group N STi Engine Motor Mounts-Group N Upgraded Transmission Mount-NGK One Step Colder Iridium Spark Plugs-Perrin Lightened Crank Pulley-Fumoto Oil Drain ValveForced Induction, Intake, and Exhaust:-APS Dual Vent FMIC Blow Off Valve Kit-Cobb Tuning SF Intake-Invidia G200 Titanium Tip Catback Exhaust-Kartboy Exhaust Hangers-Perrin Equal Length Header-6SR/generic FMIC with upgraded red coated Perrin hot side pipes-Perrin Rotated Mount GT3076R .82AR Turbo Kit-Thermo-Tec Cool Tube Air Intake Heat ShieldCooling:-APR Carbon Fiber Radiator Shroud-Nitrous Express N-tercooler Sprayer Kit-Perrin Radiator Hose Kit-PWR High Performance Radiator-STi Radiator Cap Radiator Cap (1.3 Bar)-Zerosports Thermostat-Perrin Coolant Overflow TankFuel System:-Perrin Fuel Rail Kit-Power Enterprise 850cc Injectors-Walbro 255 LPH Fuel Pump & Install KitEngine Management and Electronics:-Cobb Tuning AccessPort V2-GlowShift 52mm Elite 7 Color 30psi Boost/Vacuum Gauge-GlowShift 52mm Elite 7 Color Oil Pressure Gauge-GlowShift 52mm Elite 7 Color Volt Gauge-GlowShift Gray Triple 52mm Gauge Pillar Pod-HKS CAMP CPU and Junction Box-HKS CAMP EGT Sensor and Harness-HKS CAMP Boost Sensor and Harness-Optima Red Top Battery-Perrin EBCS Universal Electronic Boost Solenoid-PLX Devices R-500 Wideband Computer Kit w/EGTDrivetrain:-ACT Streetlite Flywheel-ACT Street Disc Clutch Kit-Kartboy Short Shifter and Bushings Combo-Perrin Performance Shift Knob-Techna-Fit Stainless Steel Clutch Line
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
xIceHoundx is offline   Reply With Quote