Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday June 29, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Brakes & Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Brakes, Steering & Suspension

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 09-25-2010, 10:52 PM   #1
pinoy69
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 251086
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
02 wrx
blue amsoil dealer

Default abs and brake light problem pls help

well i just installed my utec w/ the launcher and i have a greddy turbo timer. after that problem happend when i put my car in reverse the abs light turns on... and when i put down the handbrake the brake light is lightly on the dash .so pls help me out.....

Last edited by pinoy69; 09-25-2010 at 11:01 PM.
pinoy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2010, 12:27 AM   #2
shagwag
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 196981
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2005 wrx sti
CGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy69 View Post
well i just installed my utec w/ the launcher and i have a greddy turbo timer. after that problem happend when i put my car in reverse the abs light turns on... and when i put down the handbrake the brake light is lightly on the dash .so pls help me out.....

go through all your fuses. i had this happen on 05 sti after having an alarm installed. im pretty sure reverse has nothing to do with it, nor does vehicle speed sensor or your handbrake. i F**** myself for like 8 hours, then took it to dealer and they found a burnt out fuse for a dome light of all things. that fuse cost me $130

Last edited by shagwag; 09-26-2010 at 12:28 AM. Reason: missing word
shagwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:30 PM   #3
pinoy69
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 251086
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
02 wrx
blue amsoil dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagwag View Post
go through all your fuses. i had this happen on 05 sti after having an alarm installed. im pretty sure reverse has nothing to do with it, nor does vehicle speed sensor or your handbrake. i F**** myself for like 8 hours, then took it to dealer and they found a burnt out fuse for a dome light of all things. that fuse cost me $130
which one? the one under the dash or the one in the engine?
pinoy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:44 PM   #4
shagwag
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 196981
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2005 wrx sti
CGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy69 View Post
which one? the one under the dash or the one in the engine?
both. check every fuse. there are even a few that are hard to reach in the dash but check those as well. and i mean every fuse. if you can not figure it out, try an electrical diag at the dealer i guess. here in CO its 125 flat no matter how long it takes them
shagwag is offline   Reply With Quote