Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 29, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Classifieds > Vendor Announcements

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 06:20 PM   #1
EFI Logics
Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 193180
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Default EFI Logics Update - Summer 2010 Recap and Beyond!

EFI LOGICS UPDATE!

Hey everyone! It's been a while since we've done an update of what's been going on around here, but we've been floored constantly all summer! We've finished a ton of big projects and have more coming in for Fall! Our philosophy is to make customers feel comfortable with our entire team and the facility, to keep them coming back - so they never have to worry whether their getting a tune, and engine build, a service, a turbo swap, or an oil change. Therefore, we'd like to not only give an update on our engine builds - but of the shop at a whole. This is a reminder of what we do here and why. All of our customers get the same service and support, so if anyone ever has any questions, make sure to e-mail or call - no question is turned away!

And don't forget to check out our Facebook and Youtube pages!

Tuning

We've been tuning up a storm all summer, tuning 4-5 cars a day. Remember, our tuning is more than just the initial tune - if anything needs to be adjusted or if there are any questions, even months later, OUR SUPPORT NEVER ENDS. We always make sure the customer is 100% happy with the end result and our priority is the customer and their car.

Below are some questions that we get asked, so we decided to put this together for those interested.

Q: What kind of experience does EFI Logics have with tuning?

A: At EFI Logics, we work closely with Cobb Tuning on new vehicle development and their current updates to the Accessport software - we have become Cobb's go-to facility on the East Coast. EFI currently performs over 1400 calibrations a year and Chris has been tuning on various platforms since 1999 and Subarus since late 2001. Below are some examples of the calibration work EFI has been performing over the past year alone!

Q: Why is tuning on a dyno better than road/e-tuning?

A: Road tuning is something we tend to frown upon as it can be very dangerous for the owners, their vehicle, and everyone else on the road. Although there are times where we will need to go with you for a ride on the street, the truth is, there is only so much you can monitor while you're on the road, not to mention the stock narrow band sensors are not always as accurate as using a dyno with an accurate wideband sensor. Using a dyno to tune also helps find and adjust the timing curve to produce MBT (Maximum Brake Torque) on your vehicle, this is something that cannot be duplicated on the street. There is one huge added benefit to getting tuned on a Dyno, if you have issues, we have have some of the best technicians on the east coast available to help.

Tuning with the Mustang Dyno combines the positives from both typical dyno tuning, as well as the realistic load of road tuning into one safe method. EFI Logics also has a fan that blows at approximately 70mph to make sure that air flow is as realistic as possible for those hard pulls, not to mention the car loves the fresh air being blown at your TMIC or FMIC.

Q: Why is going to a shop that can both perform installs and tune important?

A: EFI Logics is a shop of combined experience. Chris and Jack came from XX Tuning, which was a driving force when the WRX hit stateside in 2001. Along with their expertise, we have Rob who is the head of our engine program and Joe who is a Subaru Master technician.

By keeping everything under one roof, you can get everything your car needs from one facility. Once an engine is built or parts are installed, the car goes to the next bay and onto the dyno to complete the job. If anyone comes in for a tune and there are issues on the dyno, the technicians are here to help complete the car that day if possible and help diagnose if needed. At the end of the day, it is our priority that you leave happy and enjoy your entire experience at our facility.

2010 LGT Beta Testing

We have been the world’s leading testers on the 2010 LGT. We've been tuning the car since it came out with Cobb's software development and since then, we've tuned more 2010 LGTs than anyone else in the world. Recently, we've tuned multiple cars with catbacks as well, which are showing even greater gains over stock than the popular stage 1 tunes we've been selling. Here is an example of a car that was stock, then with our stage 1 tune, then tuned again with some AVO mufflers:

The red curves are stock, the blue is stage 1, and the green adds the mufflers and a retune.

International Tuning

EFI Logics has been working with various customers around the world with those who do not trust anyone in their area to get a worthwhile tune. We've E-tuned STis in Germany, Romania, Jordan and more! Although we do not sell E-Tuning, there are circumstances where we will help customers in need, internationally, we are there to help and enjoy working with these clients.

GTR Program

EFI Logics adopted our GTR program this year with great success! We've tuned cars everywhere from just a midpipe to the HKS 570 kit and everything between. Tim Bailey, Cobb's lead calibration engineer for the GT-R program had this to say about our GT-R program:

"Chris (from EFI Logics) has a VERY high level of core competence and will be able to translate this information to your GTR. Most importantly, Chris is a tuner that I would take my own car to. I can't say that about very many people."

"I highly recommend Chris at EFI logics in Connecticut. Chris is very talented and has several successful long term road racing vehicles under his belt. He is the only tuner in this area that i have complete confidence in."

Here's a great example of a stage 2 GTR, tuned on our dyno:

Another example of an HKS 570 kit with 1000cc Injectors and twin pump setup, this car clocked a 10.50 at over 130mph!

Manufacturer Testing

We have tested for such companies as Blouch Turbo, KillerB Motorsports, GTSpec, and Deatschwerks injectors over the last year with great success!

EFI Logics has recently been acquired by DynoJet to test their new software and hardware program for the Mercury 496 Magnum engine. This testing is currently being done on a test boat and EFI is the first to use this program to help develop a tunable engine management solution for any boat with this platform. Much more to come on this!

Engine Builds

Currently, we are backed up for engine builds well into 2011 due to the fact that we simply do not compromise, we get it done right and we make sure that the build is perfect. Once complete, our builds impress - no matter what modifications are under the hood. We've had customers come from Washington State, North Dakota, Chicago, and Florida over the last 6 months, simply to have EFI Logics work on their cars. Through our past builds, these customers have talked to many others to make sure they were sending their cars to the right place - and we have delivered!

- Pete@EFI
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[SIZE=1]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/SIZE][SIZE=1] - Customer rated #1 shop on [I][B]
[/B][/I]

[B][I][COLOR="Black"]Cobb Tuning Solutions for:[/COLOR][/I][/B] [b][COLOR=Red]R35 GT-R[/COLOR][/B] / [B]Subaru[/B] / [B]Mitsubishi[/B] / [B]Nissan[/B] / [B]Infiniti[/B] / [B]Mazda[/B]

[B][I][COLOR=Blue]Subaru Engine Packages from street to track[/color][/I][/B]

/
/
/
[/size]
Old 09-30-2010, 06:20 PM   #2
EFI Logics
Vendor

Billy's engine was completed early this year, but we were having issues with his methanol kit and his car wanted to make too much power for a single Walbro - so we had to go to a Full Blown twin-pump system and an Aquamist HFS-6. He currently has a rotated GT35R and his car ended up making an amazing 510whp and 473wtq!

[SIZE=1]
[/B][/I]

[B][I][COLOR="Black"]Cobb Tuning Solutions for:[/COLOR][/I][/B] [b][COLOR=Red]R35 GT-R[/COLOR][/B] / [B]Subaru[/B] / [B]Mitsubishi[/B] / [B]Nissan[/B] / [B]Infiniti[/B] / [B]Mazda[/B]

/
/
/
[/size]
Old 09-30-2010, 06:21 PM   #3
EFI Logics
Vendor

I've posted about Chris' car in the past, and he's one of our customers who certainly does not hold back! This car is still not fully broken in, so we do not yet have final numbers, but anyone would agree that it is an amazing sight under his hood! Chris has plans of a larger, rotated, twin scroll turbo in 2011 - we can't wait!

[SIZE=1]
[/B][/I]

/
/
/
[/size]
Old 09-30-2010, 06:21 PM   #4
EFI Logics
Vendor

Steve's engine is honestly one of the cleanest looking engines we've ever built - and it matches perfectly with what Steve has done with the outside of his car! He has one of the setups we suggest often - an ATP 3076 stock location turbo with the EWG exhaust housing and all of the typical supporting modifications, along with an Aquamist HFS-6. His car is currently making 426whp and 425wtq.

[SIZE=1]
[/B][/I]

/
/
/
[/size]
Old 09-30-2010, 06:21 PM   #5
EFI Logics
Vendor

Garrett came to us with his swapped '98 OBS knowing that it had seen better days and certainly needed some ironing out. This car is also currently getting broken in, but it was making high 300s with it's FP Red before we got our hands on it and added in an equal length header and Aquamist HFS-6 to the engine build. The car left the shop even cleaner than we expected and we can't wait to get it fully tuned!

[SIZE=1]
[/B][/I]

/
/
/
[/size]
Old 09-30-2010, 06:21 PM   #6
EFI Logics
Vendor

Gordon came to us with a previously built engine that had a nice crack in the cylinder wall. So he opted to go with a sleeved block, rods, oversized pistons - the works! His car is still currently just running on 93 octane, but we'll be installing an Aquamist kit soon! Currently, his car is making 406whp and 368wtq with his ATP GT3582R - we look forward to seeing what this can do with methanol!

[SIZE=1]
[/B][/I]

/
/
/
[/size]
Old 09-30-2010, 06:22 PM   #7
EFI Logics
Vendor

Ike came to us with an engine built by the last owner of his STi as well and decided to move forward with rebuilding the engine. We had found some issues in his engine we decided to repair while we're in there and Ike definitely has a style all his own and is not afraid to get the best parts for his car. This is another car that came in and left transformed from how it looked before. He is currently breaking the engine in and will coming back in a couple weeks for a twin pump fuel system, as we expect that to be his limiting factor.

[SIZE=1]
[/B][/I]

/
/
/
[/size]
Old 09-30-2010, 06:22 PM   #8
EFI Logics
Vendor

Justin is the typical story of the blown 2.0l WRX engine due to a rod bearing. So like many before him, he decided on doing a hybrid build - and we set off to make this wagon into a torquy 2.5l beast! He has a VF39, so he was aiming towards STi stage 2 numbers and he received 284whp and 313wtq on his WRX.

[SIZE=1]
[/B][/I]

/
/
/
[/size]
Old 09-30-2010, 06:22 PM   #9
EFI Logics
Vendor

Matt came to the shop with his '07 STi Limited all the way from Chicago to have us build his engine. He decided to keep his GT52 turbo but wanted to make sure the engine bay got the full EFI treatment! We were a bit skeptical of his color choice at first, but I think it goes well with the dark gray and black exterior! He ended up making 382whp and 353wtq on pump gas and he proceeded to track the car only weeks after he picked it up and drove it back to Chicago!

[SIZE=1]
[/B][/I]

/
/
/
[/size]
Old 09-30-2010, 06:22 PM   #10
EFI Logics
Vendor

Mike had his car sent to us all the way from North Dakota while he was serving the country across the Atlantic! He had already gone through another engine build elsewhere and found he didn't trust any of the local places to tune his car, so he felt it was worth sending the car over to have it built and tuned under one roof after his last engine blew a hole through it the day before leaving for Europe! He ended up with 347whp and 344wtq with his E85 tune and a Blouch 18G-XT turbo. Mike drove off from EFI all the way back to North Dakota with his fiancée in time to make his first auto-x shortly after. This car gets thrashed around the cones every weekend out there, as Mike is a strong supporter of sanctioned racing and is a law enforcement officer.

[SIZE=1]
[/B][/I]

/
/
/
[/size]
Old 09-30-2010, 06:23 PM   #11
EFI Logics
Vendor

We built Mike's '04 hybrid WRX last year and made 350whp and 295wtq with a stock location ATP 35R with lumpy Cosworth 272 cams (this car is the best sounding car we've built in my opinion), FMIC, and an AEM methanol kit. His car wanted to keep pulling, but unfortunately with the limitations of the WRX 16-bit ECU, this was as far as he could go until he got a standalone ECU. He dropped the car off again and we installed an AEM standalone and Walbro twin pumps. The result? 502whp and 453wtq on our dyno! This car is going to rip!

[SIZE=1]
[/B][/I]

/
/
/
[/size]
Old 09-30-2010, 11:04 PM   #12
stealth84ct
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (34)

Member#: 84442
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2005 STI
CGM

Awesome work guys. I got to thank Jack again for his patience when building my motor.I know he had to overcome a lot of head aches to get it up and running perfectly. You guys did an amazing job. Hopefully the car will see its full potential when it goes in for its retune on Oct. 16th.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:08 AM   #13
EFI Logics
Vendor

No problem, Dave, we'll see you then!

- Pete@EFI

[SIZE=1]
[/B][/I]

/
/
/
[/size]
Old 10-01-2010, 08:26 PM   #14
woodys77
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (2)

Member#: 192147
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2007 STI EfiLogics
422whp 421wtq fpgreen

Chris has helped me so much on my tune via e-mail. He has sent me a half dozen maps trying to get me more powah. The car started acting up on me so he told me to bring it in so he can diagnose it on the dyno free of charge(it ended up being a junk injector). He has also answered a billion of my question to the point were most shops would have put me in their spam folder.

you guys are great and will always have my business. thank you

~Justin
Old 10-04-2010, 06:20 AM   #15
alcoolaid
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (35)

Member#: 134949
Chapter/Region: VIC
Vehicle:
'07 SWP STi
Instagram | arthurlam89

Some nice looking engine bays!
Old 10-04-2010, 10:57 AM   #16
iceman22
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (21)

Member#: 180296
Vehicle:
2006 STI
WRB

Will you guys be doing another tuning sale anytime soon? Couldn't jump on the late summer one as I was still waiting on my process west TMIC to get here. ...
Old 10-04-2010, 11:10 AM   #17
EFI Logics
Vendor

We probably won't be doing another one until some time in Winter is my guess!

- Pete@EFI

[SIZE=1]
[/B][/I]

/
/
/
[/size]
Old 10-13-2010, 02:12 PM   #18
Chris05STi
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (39)

Member#: 88248
Vehicle:
2005 Subaru STi
Black

Yay I made it on this thread!!! Thanks again to everyone at EFI Logics.....and I can't wait to see what she puts out on the dyno soon!!!!
Closed Thread