Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday December 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Mid Atlantic Impreza Club
Mid Atlantic Impreza Club Forum sponsored by Annapolis Subaru
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2010, 12:24 AM   #176
stealthx32
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 30990
Join Date: Dec 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
'93 FD3S

Default

Damn, I forgot to subscribe to v6.0.



Who's got a TireRack account? I need two rubbers for the daily.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
stealthx32 is offline  
Old 10-12-2010, 09:53 AM   #177
bigboy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 117384
Join Date: Jun 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: The Burgh PA
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
sonic

Default

i have a few parts for sale since my car is down getting a fresh re build....

i dont know when i will get my car back..but maybe sometime next year...

i look forward to meeting you all and helping out with stuff..

dustin

you can check my for sale threads if your interested in my parts....motor stuff, interior stuff, clutch/ flywheel
bigboy is offline  
Old 10-12-2010, 09:59 AM   #178
crystalhelix
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 35313
Join Date: Apr 2003
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: SpryRacing.com AgileAuto.com
Vehicle:
Spry Forester
Silver Spark

Default

I have wheels for sale and a 25mm rear sway bar..
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2064926
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2066249

I also have a WB02 sensor, TurboXS Tuner Pro $150/obo

If your local you have more negotiating power..send me a PM!
crystalhelix is offline  
Old 10-12-2010, 11:58 AM   #179
dmross
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 2818
Join Date: Nov 2000
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2000 2.5RS

Default

Check this out, from a UK bulletin:

http://subaru.co.uk/general/engineer...ical-statement

Quote:
The Subaru team of Engineers, who we believe to be the most capable and knowledgeable in the business have designed the 2.5 litre unit with lighter weight and lower friction materials, giving higher power without sacrificing current emission and CO2 outputs.

The expectation therefore, is that provided the engine is operated within design criteria, using correct fuel grades (97 RON) and serviced within the manufacturer’s guidelines, the engine will prove its durability in keeping with Subaru traditions.

From a statistical viewpoint, to date 1,044 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 08/09 model year vehicles have been supplied into the UK market through our distribution network and only a small percentage of those have suffered any kind of engine failure. It was recognised very early that a modification to the fuel cut off parameters at maximum engine revolutions was required to reduce impact stresses to the piston land area, therefore an ECU map re-write was introduced on all production vehicles. Also vehicles held in UK stock were modified and a Service Campaign was issued to the UK Subaru network for vehicles already placed in the market.

From the information gathered through Fuji Heavy Industries’ Engineering Teams, our Regional Service Managers and warranty information, it has been determined that engine failures have occurred due to one, or a combination of the following points:

Engine rev limits being constantly exceeded due to over speeding

Vehicles being un-officially modified outside the design brief of the engine (unit is designed for around 300 BHP or 330 BHP in the case of the STI 330S, not more)

Track use (racing, time trials, rallying etc)

Incorrect maintenance procedures, causing engines to be run with insufficient or contaminated lubricating oils

Use of incorrect fuel grade (RON)

Unofficial “grey” Imports of undetermined specification, ie. not supplied by Subaru (UK)

As previously stated, our engines are designed to be operated within the design brief. Where owners have decided to unilaterally modify their vehicles, it can be expected that failures will almost certainly occur.
More in the link. Nothing really new, but interesting to see coming from Subaru.

In summary, Subaru engines are made of balsa wood and feathers.

Last edited by dmross; 10-12-2010 at 12:13 PM.
dmross is offline  
Old 10-12-2010, 12:20 PM   #180
GregsblueRex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 31997
Join Date: Jan 2003
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: MD
Vehicle:
08 QSM Spec Bizzle
96 XJ Beater

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmross View Post
Well said, voted.
Thank you sir! I'm desperately clinging on to 3rd place right now.
GregsblueRex is offline  
Old 10-12-2010, 12:32 PM   #181
Mycues1982
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 86995
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2005 Tacoma

Default

Anyone have experience with 2-stage air compressor motors? Safety valve on the pump pops open at 120 psi and compressor continues to run because its set to stop at 150psi.. I'm thinking check valve or head gasket..??
Mycues1982 is offline  
Old 10-12-2010, 01:05 PM   #182
Moore Performance
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 231489
Join Date: Dec 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthx32 View Post
Damn, I forgot to subscribe to v6.0.



Who's got a TireRack account? I need two rubbers for the daily.
I have an account. Shoot me a pm of what you need.
Moore Performance is offline  
Old 10-12-2010, 02:31 PM   #183
isis
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73283
Join Date: Oct 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
05 CTS-V
03 Z1000

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moore Performance

I have an account. Shoot me a pm of what you need.
What does an account get me? I always order tires from there or discount tire direct.
isis is offline  
Old 10-12-2010, 03:59 PM   #184
explicithero
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 15893
Join Date: Feb 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: P-Burgh
Vehicle:
2004 STi
The color of the burgh

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by isis View Post
What does an account get me? I always order tires from there or discount tire direct.
Usually it gets you a bigger discount if you are a wholesale member, which i believe mr mooreperformance is.
explicithero is offline  
Old 10-12-2010, 04:22 PM   #185
isis
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73283
Join Date: Oct 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
05 CTS-V
03 Z1000

Default

Does anybody have a pair of factory catback bolts? I have the springs but need a pair of bolts and nuts. Probably costs 30 bucks for the pair at a dealer huh?
isis is offline  
Old 10-12-2010, 04:54 PM   #186
DapRex
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 53308
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburghish
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza Wrx
the bestest colour

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by isis View Post
Does anybody have a pair of factory catback bolts? I have the springs but need a pair of bolts and nuts. Probably costs 30 bucks for the pair at a dealer huh?
20 last time I bought them. Did you try advanced? i bought some for my sisters civic, the might car suby ones too.
DapRex is offline  
Old 10-12-2010, 05:11 PM   #187
dexterous
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 23553
Join Date: Aug 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Slippery Rock, PA
Vehicle:
2005 STI - Insanity!
2014 WRX - Daily

Default

I have the following items sill for sale. If you are local and can pay cash I will give you a nice discount:

Turbo XS 4" Down Pipe: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...php?p=32128525

Low mileage Dom 3 XTR Turbo w/3" inlet & setup for EWG: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...php?p=32124199

Deatschwerks 950cc side feed injectors for 04-06 STI (Yes 950cc): http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...php?p=32124308

Everything else I have posted is gone.
dexterous is offline  
Old 10-12-2010, 10:57 PM   #188
glhs377
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 125388
Join Date: Sep 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: iron city
Vehicle:
97 240hp NA GF6
giant Carbotron wing

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycues1982 View Post
Anyone have experience with 2-stage air compressor motors? Safety valve on the pump pops open at 120 psi and compressor continues to run because its set to stop at 150psi.. I'm thinking check valve or head gasket..??
probably a piston ring or debris in/fukked reed valve, possibly both.
glhs377 is offline  
Old 10-13-2010, 12:17 AM   #189
Mycues1982
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 86995
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2005 Tacoma

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glhs377 View Post
probably a piston ring or debris in/fukked reed valve, possibly both.
thx i knocked the pressure down for now till i can take it apart
Mycues1982 is offline  
Old 10-13-2010, 12:44 AM   #190
hostile silence
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 163878
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh
Vehicle:
05 STi & CBR1000rr
OBP & Blue and Yellow

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregsblueRex View Post
Thank you sir! I'm desperately clinging on to 3rd place right now.
i voted for you a few days ago too... nice whip
hostile silence is offline  
Old 10-13-2010, 12:45 AM   #191
hostile silence
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 163878
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh
Vehicle:
05 STi & CBR1000rr
OBP & Blue and Yellow

Default

anyone have a 04-05 passenger fender or passenger headlight lying around? if so, ill take it off your hands.
Thanks in advance pittsburghers

but,,, im back to the oil rig tomorrow for the next 14 days, someone say a prayer for my safety please...


so i rode the down hill bike section at north park today, and the ish was completely insane. i loved it. i must give many props to don (the designer and laborer)...


if anyone wants to go try it (get hurt), take your huffy or schwinn out to north park, find the down hill section (near the topside of the auto-x parking lot) and attempt to go down that BIT#$.. We made about 5 passes, extremely extreme (love using the same word as adverb and verb). I only wrecked once on the first berm and i was not wearing my helmet because i forgot it (like a re-re)

Last edited by hostile silence; 10-13-2010 at 12:52 AM.
hostile silence is offline  
Old 10-13-2010, 12:53 AM   #192
dlross
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 244931
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: uniontown,pa
Vehicle:
2006 wrx
aspen, white

Default

anyone know where i can find a 06-07 5 speed transmission with lower miles for a decent price? Cant find anything locally and cant afford a new one or a 6 speed swap. Need to get my scooby back on the rd! thanks
dlross is offline  
Old 10-13-2010, 01:02 AM   #193
crystalhelix
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 35313
Join Date: Apr 2003
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: SpryRacing.com AgileAuto.com
Vehicle:
Spry Forester
Silver Spark

Default

we have a dmross and a dlross? that is not going to work.
crystalhelix is offline  
Old 10-13-2010, 01:08 AM   #194
Mycues1982
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 86995
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2005 Tacoma

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hostile silence View Post
anyone have a 04-05 passenger fender or passenger headlight lying around? if so, ill take it off your hands.
Thanks in advance pittsburghers

but,,, im back to the oil rig tomorrow for the next 14 days, someone say a prayer for my safety please...


so i rode the down hill bike section at north park today, and the ish was completely insane. i loved it. i must give many props to don (the designer and laborer)...


if anyone wants to go try it (get hurt), take your huffy or schwinn out to north park, find the down hill section (near the topside of the auto-x parking lot) and attempt to go down that BIT#$.. We made about 5 passes, extremely extreme (love using the same word as adverb and verb). I only wrecked once on the first berm and i was not wearing my helmet because i forgot it (like a re-re)
Hey no props to me?? I'll pray for you, may you have a safe 2 weeks at mancamp
Mycues1982 is offline  
Old 10-13-2010, 08:59 AM   #195
Blinden
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 122993
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: West PA
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
WRB 5-door

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlross View Post
anyone know where i can find a 06-07 5 speed transmission with lower miles for a decent price? Cant find anything locally and cant afford a new one or a 6 speed swap. Need to get my scooby back on the rd! thanks
hey Dan, I thought you had PPG... WTF???? who is this?

But seriously, I few days ago, I saw a WRX trans on pittsburgh craigslist, but I can't honestly remember what year.
Blinden is online now  
Old 10-13-2010, 09:59 AM   #196
Tenacious Bee
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 96452
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pennsylvania
Vehicle:
So, what to play
with next ?

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlross View Post
anyone know where i can find a 06-07 5 speed transmission with lower miles for a decent price? Cant find anything locally and cant afford a new one or a 6 speed swap. Need to get my scooby back on the rd! thanks
I am pretty sure any year will do. I know that you will loose the "improvements made" aspect of the later transmissions but widening the search parameters may get your car on the road faster. I know the 6 speed swap list varies form year to year so maybe the axles don't work and I am completely wrong. Look into that though. I got an 03 trans for 300 bucks from a guy in columbus ohio. Good thing I got it cheap. I blew it up in about 6k miles LOL !
Tenacious Bee is offline  
Old 10-13-2010, 11:04 AM   #197
floppy ears
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 250217
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pgh, PA
Vehicle:
2005 WRX
Platinum Silver

Default

Good morning fellow Pittsburghers. I just wanted to introduce myself as I'm new to the WRX world. My name is Jeff and I'm now the proud owner of a 2005 Platinum Silver WRX sedan with the premium package. I bought the car from Herb Gordon Subaru in Silver Spring, MD...completely stock (only addition was an aftermarket alarm), 45,000 miles, and in showroom condition. My previous car was a 2007 BMW 328XI and before that, an 1999 Acura Integra GS-R which I used for a few track days and some autocross.

My intentions for the WRX are to be a daily driver with a few track days thrown in. Plans right now include a few brake upgrades with some track wheels and sticky tires. If the "wife" allows it, suspension upgrades will follow. Speaking of the wife, she drives a black 2010 Subaru Forester 2.5XT Premium. We currently live in Shaler, but I grew up in Hampton.



I'm looking forward to meeting some of you.


-Jeff
floppy ears is offline  
Old 10-13-2010, 11:58 AM   #198
WastingTime
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 181927
Join Date: Jun 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh
Vehicle:
99 RS - RBP
10 DSP

Default

Welcome dude..
WastingTime is offline  
Old 10-13-2010, 12:24 PM   #199
hostile silence
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 163878
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh
Vehicle:
05 STi & CBR1000rr
OBP & Blue and Yellow

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by floppy ears View Post
Good morning fellow Pittsburghers. I just wanted to introduce myself as I'm new to the WRX world. My name is Jeff and I'm now the proud owner of a 2005 Platinum Silver WRX sedan with the premium package. I bought the car from Herb Gordon Subaru in Silver Spring, MD...completely stock (only addition was an aftermarket alarm), 45,000 miles, and in showroom condition. My previous car was a 2007 BMW 328XI and before that, an 1999 Acura Integra GS-R which I used for a few track days and some autocross.

My intentions for the WRX are to be a daily driver with a few track days thrown in. Plans right now include a few brake upgrades with some track wheels and sticky tires. If the "wife" allows it, suspension upgrades will follow. Speaking of the wife, she drives a black 2010 Subaru Forester 2.5XT Premium. We currently live in Shaler, but I grew

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you.


-Jeff
welcome, I currently coach wrestling in shaler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycues1982 View Post
Hey no props to me?? I'll pray for you, may you have a safe 2 weeks at mancamp
And mad props to mike for hooking me up with biker babe tera and biker dude don thanks mike hughes
hostile silence is offline  
Old 10-13-2010, 12:40 PM   #200
explicithero
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 15893
Join Date: Feb 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: P-Burgh
Vehicle:
2004 STi
The color of the burgh

Default

If anyone out there is a ASE certified tech, or knows of one that is looking for a job have them contact me. We are looking for a new subaru, mazda, and possibly gm tech. Would like experience but will work with what we can.
explicithero is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official Pittsburgh Thread Build 4 WastingTime Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC 8 04-26-2011 07:58 PM
Official Pittsburgh thread V3.0 MikeCee Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC 10519 01-11-2009 10:08 PM
Camera Thread #62902.0031 V6.0 BacDoc Off-Topic 115 11-12-2007 05:22 PM
I miss the old Pittsburgh thread... you know, the one that crashed NASIOC? dmross Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC 12 05-29-2006 04:10 PM
Didn't there used to be an official Pittsburgh Thread? crystalhelix Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC 0 01-08-2004 08:23 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.