|10-09-2010, 12:38 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jul 2007
2007 WRX STi
swap motors/drivetrains between 04 wrx and 07 sti...?
hello all, i have a few questions that im hoping you all could shed some light on.. first of all, i have an 04 wrx, and an 07 sti.. long story short, i would like to swap motors/drivetrains between the two.. reason being i want a car for full track duty.. i just cant bring myself to strip and hack up the sti and theres the fear of wrecking it.. the wrx is less valuable and i can handle less power on the street in the sti to get more action on the track.. ive got a few of questions....
1) being that the sti is DBW and the wrx is cable throttle, will gas peddle assemblies swap between the 2?
2) ECU power supply and gauge cluster plugs the same?
3) charging system wiring the same?
4) is there a computer controlling the sti DCCD trans? obviously if there is it would have to be swapped over as well.. power supply to this should be simple...?
5) ABS wheel sensors same or swappable?
to me, these seem to be the main areas of concern.. please feel free to criticize or point out anything i should be considering... thanks very much!!!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Last edited by OMG_WTF; 10-09-2010 at 01:08 PM.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Differance Between 04-06 and 07 STI Heads||javastiwagon24||Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.5L Turbo)||5||11-15-2008 07:29 PM|
|Difference between the 06 and 07 sti||cookiedo!||Newbies & FAQs||14||10-13-2008 11:36 PM|
|external motor differences between 06+ WRX and STI?||RideZX-6R||Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.5L Turbo)||11||01-18-2008 10:51 AM|
|complete 04 wrx to 07 sti swap||ssweet08||Subaru Conversions||21||01-13-2008 05:16 PM|
|difference between 04 WRX and 05 WRX||opramwew||Southern California Impreza Club Forum -- SCIC||10||06-13-2004 12:29 AM|