|06-27-2002, 09:23 AM||#1|
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chester Springs, PAVehicle:
2006 EVO MR
TurboXS HPBC - Manual Boost Controller
I can't believe there are no review about this boost controller.
I ordered one from TURBOXS 2 days ago and UPS already delivered it to my door.
I had a chance to install it last night and let me just say it is fantastic.
The quality of product is good and it works as they advertised.
However, I found out that the hose that came with it does not sustain the heat very well and would crack over the time according to buddy of mine who already has the standard boost controller from TURBOXS. So, I went to pep-boys and bought vacumme host for 71 cents and bought 2 sets of the hose clamps for $2.00.
Installation is very easy.
1. First, you will need to adjust spring through the center hex nuts from the side brass container. If you shake the boost controller, you will hear the ball and spring moving, turn it about 2 turns counter clock wise. Shake boost controller. You won't hear the ball and spring moving anymore.
2. Set the boost at around 6-7 psi by turning the center hex nuts from the blue-main body (3 - 3 1/2 counter clock wise turn).
3. Now using the matal BC holder, set the location where you are going to install BC. I had to drill bigger hole for the BC holder (Braket) to mount it near TURBO. There's 12 mm nuts on top of last intake runner (Cylinder #4? - passenger side). It holds the bracket for the stock vaccume hose. So, I used this nuts to hold the BC bracket as well. It works very well!
4. Now connect vaccume hose from colder side TURBO to the brass fitting of the BC. Use the hose clamp to tighten it.
5. Now connect vaccume host from the BC BLUE fitting to the wastegate actuator. Use the hose clamp to tighten it.
6. Secure the T fitting and other hose that are connected to stock boost solonoid using zip-tie..
Done. **Please, read the installation instruction came from TURBOXS **
Performance: I have no mod except intake resonator mod. So, I have set the boost at 15 PSI.
The car drives like if I changed exhuast parts. It runs much smoother and you can feel the increase HP.
Here's the max boost I am getting under WOT.
1st : 13.5 psi - Toward read line it drops to 12.5 psi
2nd: 14.5 psi - Toward read line it drops to 13.0 psi
3rd: 15.0 psi - Toward read line it drops to 13.5 psi
4th: 15.0 psi - Couldn't shift at readline - already exceeding Speed Limit
5th: 15.0 psi
Partial Throatle Boost Spike: I don't experiece this at all. I drove through the hills and twisty road to duplicate the partical throatle problem some mentioned about MBC. But, I could not duplicate that with this HPBC. It pretty much boost like stock except max boost is coming a little sooner and holds max boost very well.
In my opinion it was well worth the $136.10 (including shipping).
If anyone has questions about HPBC, contact TURBOXS.
Thanks for reading.
Dan from PA.
P.S.: Next mod - GodSpeed Uppipe and TURBOXS turbo back exhaust.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
|06-30-2002, 05:31 PM||#4|
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Highland Park, Ill., USAVehicle:
2005 Legacy GT wagon
Platinum Silver Metallic
If you get the right boost controller, they aren't the evils that people make them out to be, and can be an inexpensive (at first, anyhow) way to improve a car's performance. Note that, according to everyone who uses them, you gas mileage will decrease substantially.
|02-21-2008, 05:24 PM||#8|
Member Sales Rating: (5)
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Surprise, ArizonaVehicle:
2006 Legacy 2.5i
"Now its 06LEGGY4LIFE"
Bring from the dead again to ask a question... is there supposed to be a screw in the top of this boost controller?
|07-13-2008, 04:45 PM||#9|
Member Sales Rating: (8)
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Oregon City, OregonVehicle:
i use the generic MBC (model bc-sbc). Using the numbers for setting it to stock, each rotation is around 2 psi correct?
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|TurboXS HP manual boost controller||paulw||Private 'For Sale' Classifieds||0||06-11-2006 01:31 PM|
|F.S. TurboXs Dual Manual Boost Controller||JNUTZ||Private 'For Sale' Classifieds||7||09-12-2005 07:33 PM|
|F.S. TurboXs Dual Manual Boost Controller||JNUTZ||North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC||10||09-12-2005 07:23 PM|
|WTT: turboxs standard manual boost controller for stock 03 EBC||raglan||New England Impreza Club Forum -- NESIC||0||08-08-2005 10:10 PM|
|F.S. TurboXs Dual Manual Boost Controller||JNUTZ||North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC||7||07-13-2005 12:18 AM|