Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 10, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:33 PM   #1
HiCompwagon
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 237161
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
04 Wrx wagon
red

Default I need help with a hybrid swap in a 98 leggy!!!

so i have a swap i want to get under way. i have a ej257 and ej205 heads. wrx intake and injectors top mount. turbo. header uppipe downpipe. bov. all i need to put it together is the 2.0 tensioner. but what all do i need to make it run. Emsmap says my factory 22 sensors will give me issues when i get the other motor swapped in. im in the process of buying a wrx wiring harness and ecu. what harness do i need? the whole harness? dash and engine bay harness? what other stuff do i need. i want to get it 95% together before i take it to iag. itl be swapped in with the automatic tranny. so tranny issues and swaps are not an issue. just wiring engine management and tuning. i plan on having iag splice the harness. instal the wrx ecu and dyno tune it. motor being allready built. any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated. thanks.

Pete
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
HiCompwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:19 AM   #2
emsmap
Scooby Guru

Member#: 159334
Vehicle:
02 WRX, 99RS, 96L
AP3,PPG,FMIC, Big turbo

Peter: Sell this swap to me... LOL

Anyway... You will need ALOT of wiring work done. You have to merge you Legacy harness with a WRX engine harness for it to work. A big part of the harness will not be needed if you plan on keeping your factory dash and interior. Since your car is OBD2, it will be a little more work. IAG will prolly charge ALOT in labor. My best option for you is to get a dailydriver, bolt the engine up to your 4EAT and take it to IAG to make all of it work. About you keeping your 4EAT, LOL, you better not romp on it or its going to explode lol
emsmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:28 AM   #3
FuJi K
Scooby Guru

Member#: 3687
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
MY99 GF4 JDM 6spd
NF Performance

heads/intak mani/wiring/ecu goes together.
FuJi K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:26 PM   #4
HiCompwagon
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 237161
Vehicle:
04 Wrx wagon
red

4eat shall be fine. swapping a fozzy trans one day after the swap. have a dd already. 92 leggy l. might haul the whole car to iag minus factory harness so they can merge instal and tune that beast. im putting the heads on it soon. i need to contact subaru and get a 2.0 timing tensioner. ebay wiring hanress and ecu one day soon. maybe next week after payday. i was concerned with just putting the built motor in and running it n/a so i can drive it up there. but idk. i need a template on where to notch my subframe. was hoping to have way more input than this but its all good. 02 rex heads and intake with oem injectors. whatever size they are. need a 02 wrx harness and ecu. shouldnt be too difficult seeing as how people cat drive and total cars all day long.
HiCompwagon is offline   Reply With Quote