Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday August 2, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 10-14-2010, 06:52 PM   #1
lbizboy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 235486
Default 07 STI swap into 04 wrx wagon

Currently im installing a 2007 STI longblock into my 2004 wrx wagon. First problem im having is seperating the trans from the engine. All eight fasteners are out and the clutch shaft has been removed. Trans is jacked up with a jack and im not even getting a c-hair of gap. Attempted to hammer/chisel but mucked up metal too much. Any tips on where I can pry etc etc. If not might end up pulling engine and trans together. Second problem im having is it appears the AVCS solenoids on each head will interfere with the wrx metal bracket that goes on both heads/manifolds. Curious if anyone has done this swap and has had a problem like this. Also the PCV setup is different on the 07. The 07 has 4 ports(2 on each head/valve cover), the 04 only appears to have it on the passenger side head. Possibly thinking of capping off two of the ports and routing the other ports to a catch can. Any insight would be awesome. thank you
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
lbizboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:08 AM   #2
tyroorosaurswrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 245440
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
08 Impreza WRX
Satin White Pearl

Use some PB Blaster on the ears where the dowl pins are located also get a very large prybar like 5 ft in length try tapping and heating the ears as well dont hear them to hot or they will crack/melt. and start pying it took like 25 min of this to get mine separated when i was going my clutch.
tyroorosaurswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:15 PM   #3
Yint
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 199751
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza TSX
Savanna Green

PB and tapping the pins is a good idea, I use a 1" putty knife to break the pins free, and then workthe top wit some custom ground pry bars, screw drivers also work, just don't use too much force.
Yint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:17 PM   #4
lbizboy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 235486

Ok success on that but now im running into problems with the 07 sti longblock working. Theirs no casting spot for the cam sensor on the drivers side head. Also their is a extra port on each head for pcv
lbizboy is offline   Reply With Quote