Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday August 1, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #4451
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
9.9s @ 140mph

Default

Yeah, I saw that one. He broke the older PAR gears that were known to have some issues. I haven't decided anything on future turbo's. I might even go with something smaller, more of a middle ground with what I have now.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #4452
JSchell1309
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 321321
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: STL
Vehicle:
2010 Ford SVT Raptor
Tuxedo Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
Wow nice find. I don't think I ever consciously noticed that difference. That explains why I have always been iffy on whether I like RPF1's design or not. I think I would see a 9" and love the face, then another time I would see the 8" and think to myself "huh.. I thought that face was flat and had a larger lip."

I guess I always thought it was the angle. What specs and tire size are you looking at for the Enkies? Or you really just trying to get under 20 lbs?
JSchell1309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:55 AM   #4453
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
9.9s @ 140mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchell1309 View Post
Wow nice find. I don't think I ever consciously noticed that difference. That explains why I have always been iffy on whether I like RPF1's design or not. I think I would see a 9" and love the face, then another time I would see the 8" and think to myself "huh.. I thought that face was flat and had a larger lip."

I guess I always thought it was the angle. What specs and tire size are you looking at for the Enkies? Or you really just trying to get under 20 lbs?
Exactly the same with me. I couldn't figure out why I sometimes liked them and sometimes didn't. The flat/concave face looks much better. I still don't love them, but I do like them quite a bit.

I'd want 18x9.5" or 17x9". Offset in the +35 to +40 range if possible. In those sizes the RPF1's are 17.4lbs and 15.8lbs! Way lighter than anything else in this size/price range. Leaning towards the 17x9" now. Lighter and cheaper (especially considering tires).
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #4454
JSchell1309
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 321321
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: STL
Vehicle:
2010 Ford SVT Raptor
Tuxedo Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
Exactly the same with me. I couldn't figure out why I sometimes liked them and sometimes didn't. The flat/concave face looks much better. I still don't love them, but I do like them quite a bit.

I'd want 18x9.5" or 17x9". Offset in the +35 to +40 range if possible. In those sizes the RPF1's are 17.4lbs and 15.8lbs! Way lighter than anything else in this size/price range. Leaning towards the 17x9" now. Lighter and cheaper (especially considering tires).
I wasn't aware they made RPF1s in 18x9.5 and that offset range. Would that still clear Brembos? I feel that is the perfect specs for looks on the widebody 08+. Especially coming from this thread and Dan's input.

However since you love functionality over looks I think the light weight of 17x9 and the cheaper tires would be perfect. Especially since you track the car, lowest unsprung weight the best.

Either way I look forward to the pictures on whatever you settle on.
JSchell1309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:48 PM   #4455
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
9.9s @ 140mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchell1309 View Post
I wasn't aware they made RPF1s in 18x9.5 and that offset range. Would that still clear Brembos? I feel that is the perfect specs for looks on the widebody 08+. Especially coming from this thread and Dan's input.

However since you love functionality over looks I think the light weight of 17x9 and the cheaper tires would be perfect. Especially since you track the car, lowest unsprung weight the best.

Either way I look forward to the pictures on whatever you settle on.
Those sizes are all special order or group buy. None of them clear Brembo's. 9-9.5" wide and +35 to +40 is just about perfect for the widebody. I don't track the car much but I do prefer to keep the weight down.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:00 PM   #4456
Subie_Noob_Brian
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 288037
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: University Place, WA
Vehicle:
2015 LightingRed WRX
11' WRX sold**14' XV sold

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
Now I'm thinking about getting some RPF-1's. The looks are only OK in my mind, but the weight is great. Anyone know where to get 18x9.5" in 5x100, and hopefully in stock? I'd prefer SBC or Silver, but I'd take black if it's cheaper or easier to find. So far I contacted LSD and they said they're out of stock. I also contacted Spun but I haven't heard back. I'm also planning on checking with Dezod. Any other places I should check out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
I'd be very interested if I can find a set in very good condition that's willing to ship for a reasonable amount. Do you know of any?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
Those sizes are all special order or group buy. None of them clear Brembo's. 9-9.5" wide and +35 to +40 is just about perfect for the widebody. I don't track the car much but I do prefer to keep the weight down.
I have good news for you. I run 18x9.5 +38 white RPF1, and 18x9.5 +40 NT03 in both white and SBC on my 11 WRX.

Click here for lots of custom 5x100 sizes. I have bought 2 sets of wheels from these guys. Good people.

https://www.facebook.com/MengMotorsports?ref=ts&fref=ts
Subie_Noob_Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:04 PM   #4457
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
9.9s @ 140mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie_Noob_Brian View Post
I have good news for you. I run 18x9.5 +38 white RPF1, and 18x9.5 +40 NT03 in both white and SBC on my 11 WRX.

Click here for lots of custom 5x100 sizes. I have bought 2 sets of wheels from these guys. Good people.

https://www.facebook.com/MengMotorsports?ref=ts&fref=ts
I don't see RPF1's on their website. I'll have to check out that page later.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:06 PM   #4458
Subie_Noob_Brian
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 288037
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: University Place, WA
Vehicle:
2015 LightingRed WRX
11' WRX sold**14' XV sold

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
I don't see RPF1's on their website. I'll have to check out that page later.
Give them a call. On the page it shows they have some 17x9's but not in SBC.
Subie_Noob_Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:07 PM   #4459
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
9.9s @ 140mph

Default

Do they have silver? What's the price?
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #4460
Subie_Noob_Brian
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 288037
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: University Place, WA
Vehicle:
2015 LightingRed WRX
11' WRX sold**14' XV sold

Default

From their facebook.

"Exclusive RPF1's in 5x100 are available! 17x9 +35 available in Silver. 17x9+45 available in Black or Gold! In stock for a limited time. We have very low pricing."
Subie_Noob_Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #4461
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
9.9s @ 140mph

Default

Is it the same as Dezod? I thought Silver 17x9" +35 was a Dezod exclusive.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:46 AM   #4462
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
9.9s @ 140mph

Default

xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:27 AM   #4463
Studmike02
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 220095
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Arizona
Vehicle:
'95 MX-5

Default

Mileage update for us?
Studmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:29 AM   #4464
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
9.9s @ 140mph

Default

Yeah, sure. Looks like I'm closing in on 35k.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #4465
Dale2011WRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 304299
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Nor'East
Vehicle:
2011 WRX, white
2014 Crosstrek, tangerine

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
Yeah, sure. Looks like I'm closing in on 35k.
Yeah... but this could also be one of those things that starts with a seemingly random picture and builds into something more substantial. Or there's something about that picture we haven't appreciated yet. You can be tricky.
Dale2011WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:37 AM   #4466
INKMAN
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 267837
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY
Vehicle:
2014 Focus ST (ST3)
Tuxedo Black

Default

I agree, there is more to this.
INKMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:40 AM   #4467
MacAlert
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 70965
Join Date: Sep 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY
Vehicle:
2013 WRX STI
ISM

Default

I'm guessing 6spd swap.
MacAlert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:42 AM   #4468
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
9.9s @ 140mph

Default

I can't post an innocent photo anymore?
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #4469
Subie_Noob_Brian
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 288037
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: University Place, WA
Vehicle:
2015 LightingRed WRX
11' WRX sold**14' XV sold

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
Is it the same as Dezod? I thought Silver 17x9" +35 was a Dezod exclusive.
Not sure. Just see that had some for sale.
Subie_Noob_Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:44 AM   #4470
INKMAN
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 267837
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY
Vehicle:
2014 Focus ST (ST3)
Tuxedo Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
I can't post an innocent photo anymore?
Nope, that's not your style.
INKMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:45 AM   #4471
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
9.9s @ 140mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie_Noob_Brian View Post
Not sure. Just see that had some for sale.
Not on the website. Not posted specifically anywhere on the FB page. Had to scroll and search through wall posts. No price listed. Not interested in that way of doing business. Sorry, but I shouldn't have to do that much work just because a retailer is lazy and FB is the easiest thing to update.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:45 AM   #4472
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
9.9s @ 140mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INKMAN View Post
Nope, that's not your style.
The thread was getting a bit boring so I felt I had to contribute something.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:51 AM   #4473
INKMAN
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 267837
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY
Vehicle:
2014 Focus ST (ST3)
Tuxedo Black

Default

If you say so. I'm still sticking with the "it's a "fishy" cell phone pic. You can tell me I'm right later....I'll wait.
INKMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:52 AM   #4474
J_Maher_WRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 290307
Join Date: Aug 2011
Default

It's a gear or trans swap for sure
J_Maher_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:53 AM   #4475
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
9.9s @ 140mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INKMAN View Post
If you say so. I'm still sticking with the "it's a "fishy" cell phone pic. You can tell me I'm right later....I'll wait.
I don't like to let things get too boring. I can post some more cell phone pics later.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
xluben's Pictures and Review of the SPT Exhaust for the 2011 WRX 5 Door Hatch xluben Car Part Reviews 26 11-08-2012 06:55 PM
My first post and my first Subaru, a 2011 WRX 5 door in white. Decade240 Newbies & FAQs 25 06-20-2012 01:48 PM
2011 wrx 5 door hatch with Rota 17"x7.5 +48 5x100 wheels? BretCutler Tire & Wheel 4 01-14-2011 08:05 AM
2011 WRX 5 Door Ruz4life General Community 55 10-13-2010 11:37 PM
2011 WRX 5 Door Ruz4life General Community 10 10-04-2010 04:02 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2015, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.