Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 6, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 10:40 PM   #4501
J_Maher_WRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 290307
Join Date: Aug 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
The new tranny is about 80lbs heavier than the old one. It's hard to compare changes in feel because the gearing is different, but so far I have nothing negative to say. I'll be making a full post in the Tranny section sometime soon. I'll have all the details there.
Only 80lbs heavier for a 6spd is awesome, definitely worth it IMO. Very interested as to what you have done here as ill prob be following the same path
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
J_Maher_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:58 PM   #4502
Navendra94
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 327495
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Ozone Park, Queens, New York
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza WRX 5DR
Plasma Blue

Default

Would you mind listing your exhausts from Quietest to Loudest? I want a Q300, but I hear the v2 is reaaaaaally loud. I need something that sounds great but isn't as loud as the Ti-c I have in the garage. Im running stock now lol, trying to avoid another court summons.
Navendra94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:35 PM   #4503
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
10.9s @ 128mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Maher_WRX View Post
Only 80lbs heavier for a 6spd is awesome, definitely worth it IMO. Very interested as to what you have done here as ill prob be following the same path
Yeah, the extra weight isn't too bad. I'll have a post with the details later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navendra94 View Post
Would you mind listing your exhausts from Quietest to Loudest? I want a Q300, but I hear the v2 is reaaaaaally loud. I need something that sounds great but isn't as loud as the Ti-c I have in the garage. Im running stock now lol, trying to avoid another court summons.
I believe I responded to your PM. The Q300 drones a lot. If you want a quiet exhaust for cruising then I'd look elsewhere. Are you just buying an exhaust for looks? Just pick one you like the looks of and I'm sure you can figure out if it's quiet or not.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:02 AM   #4504
Gregor91
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 259434
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2012 wrx sedan
SOLD :/

Default

Damn I knew it!!! Lol nice work man
Gregor91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:05 AM   #4505
INKMAN
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 267837
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY
Vehicle:
2014 Focus ST (ST3)
Tuxedo Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INKMAN View Post
If you say so. I'm still sticking with the "it's a "fishy" cell phone pic. You can tell me I'm right later....I'll wait.
I'm waiting.....
INKMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:56 AM   #4506
Navendra94
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 327495
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Ozone Park, Queens, New York
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza WRX 5DR
Plasma Blue

Default

Why is ARK Performance GRIP so expensive lol. I'm even considering a Tsudo Quad Tip. I wonder why you didn't make a review for that one? And what ever happened to Harman Motive . There are way too many exhaust choices, this is what women feel like when they're in the mall XD.

Last edited by Navendra94; 01-26-2013 at 03:09 AM.
Navendra94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:14 AM   #4507
kyletakahero
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 185030
Join Date: Jul 2008
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage, AK
Vehicle:
2008 FXT Sport
Aspen white

Default

He basically laid it all out for us in he transmission thread, Alex.

He got a 07+ with the gears swapped. I know this because of the simplicity of the swap, as well as the way he advocated the gear swapping. Plus! If you look at the graph he made with the gearing at rpms, bring a straight edge down the spec b 6th gear line, you will see the at 60 mph your rpm would be 2.25k ish. Which matches his picture that he posted up at cruise speed.

At least that's my educated guess
kyletakahero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:45 AM   #4508
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
10.9s @ 128mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor91 View Post
Damn I knew it!!! Lol nice work man
The RPM @ 60 is slightly lower than the 5 speed. It's easy to miss unless you're on cruise control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INKMAN View Post
I'm waiting.....
Yes. You were right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navendra94 View Post
Why is ARK Performance GRIP so expensive lol. I'm even considering a Tsudo Quad Tip. I wonder why you didn't make a review for that one? And what ever happened to Harman Motive . There are way too many exhaust choices, this is what women feel like when they're in the mall XD.
The Tsudo is pretty cheapo. It had mediocre fitment and I only had it a day. Overall it's not horrible for what you pay though. Never got the AQ/Hartman because I didn't find any deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyletakahero View Post
He basically laid it all out for us in he transmission thread, Alex.

He got a 07+ with the gears swapped. I know this because of the simplicity of the swap, as well as the way he advocated the gear swapping. Plus! If you look at the graph he made with the gearing at rpms, bring a straight edge down the spec b 6th gear line, you will see the at 60 mph your rpm would be 2.25k ish. Which matches his picture that he posted up at cruise speed.

At least that's my educated guess
You're well educated
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:06 AM   #4509
shadowmd
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 193222
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Baltimore, MD
Vehicle:
05 Wrx 1.5xtr 6spd
2.5 hybrid 367whp/363wtq

Default

You get dccd pro yet? I finally ordered mine after having the 6spd since this past August lol
shadowmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:30 AM   #4510
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
10.9s @ 128mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowmd View Post
You get dccd pro yet? I finally ordered mine after having the 6spd since this past August lol
I have it on order. Right now it's just running open and the car gets pretty loose in the rear any time I put down in 1st-3rd.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:11 AM   #4511
Navendra94
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 327495
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Ozone Park, Queens, New York
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza WRX 5DR
Plasma Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
I have it on order. Right now it's just running open and the car gets pretty loose in the rear any time I put down in 1st-3rd.
Isn't that the fun part
Navendra94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:14 AM   #4512
dinaftu
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 344942
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default

I checked in to see if you were installing the 6266, but looks like it was for someone else? Was the TS header for someone else too? Do you have any plans for bigger turbo?
dinaftu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:16 AM   #4513
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
10.9s @ 128mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navendra94 View Post
Isn't that the fun part
Haha. It's fun at times, but usually I'd like to be able to put the power down. That's where the DCCD Pro will come in handy. I'll be able to do both

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinaftu View Post
I checked in to see if you were installing the 6266, but looks like it was for someone else? Was the TS header for someone else too? Do you have any plans for bigger turbo?
It was a 1.5 scroll header and turbo that belonged to someone else. I might do a bigger turbo eventually.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:21 AM   #4514
gregonfire
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 181047
Join Date: May 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: South Jersey
Vehicle:
2015 CWP WRX Limited
2010 WRX 310/345 - Sold

Default

xluben, love everything you've done with the car. I'm subscribed to you on youtube and that 10-100mph run is insane!

Not sure if it's been asked before, but is there a reason you chose the WRX instead of an STI? Were you originally not planning on modding this much?
gregonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:36 AM   #4515
SenorDucK
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 327511
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicagoland
Vehicle:
13' WRX 6 Speed
11sec VF52 EL-EWG-E85

Default

awesome update, very cool as I plan on adding six speed later as well! probably before excessive engine upgrades as I like ragging on it
SenorDucK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:41 AM   #4516
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
10.9s @ 128mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregonfire View Post
xluben, love everything you've done with the car. I'm subscribed to you on youtube and that 10-100mph run is insane!

Not sure if it's been asked before, but is there a reason you chose the WRX instead of an STI? Were you originally not planning on modding this much?
Thanks! Here's the link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIakkW2ujfE

I really didn't plan to mod the car when I bought it.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #4517
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
10.9s @ 128mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorDucK View Post
awesome update, very cool as I plan on adding six speed later as well! probably before excessive engine upgrades as I like ragging on it
For me the motor went out first. But they're both a liability eventually.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:58 AM   #4518
2011boostdwrx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 263470
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default

Nice Xluben good luck with the 6-spd.
2011boostdwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #4519
juanmedina
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133146
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SC
Vehicle:
07 FPgreen 7.37@95
WRX VF39+E85 12.0, 121mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
Thanks! Here's the link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIakkW2ujfE

I really didn't plan to mod the car when I bought it.
What was the 50-100mph? you beat on your car a lot. Who built your motor?

impressive
juanmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #4520
SenorDucK
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 327511
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicagoland
Vehicle:
13' WRX 6 Speed
11sec VF52 EL-EWG-E85

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben
For me the motor went out first. But they're both a liability eventually.
definitely.

are you going to run it at the ole 1320 this year when winter passes? Also, how frequently(or at all) did you launch on your par gear set? plan in it with the six speed any?
SenorDucK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #4521
13swp5dr
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335430
Join Date: Oct 2012
Default

damn your car pulls!!! good stuff
13swp5dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:32 AM   #4522
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
10.9s @ 128mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011boostdwrx View Post
Nice Xluben good luck with the 6-spd.
Thanks for all the help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanmedina View Post
What was the 50-100mph? you beat on your car a lot. Who built your motor?

impressive
Running through the gears is beating on it? Haha. I didn't check the 50-100. Probably slower because I have to shift more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorDucK View Post
definitely.

are you going to run it at the ole 1320 this year when winter passes? Also, how frequently(or at all) did you launch on your par gear set? plan in it with the six speed any?
I might go eventually. I barely ever launched the 5 speed. Bit I do FFS all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13swp5dr View Post
damn your car pulls!!! good stuff
Thanks!
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:55 PM   #4523
J_Maher_WRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 290307
Join Date: Aug 2011
Default

Holy F***!! That 10-100mph is insane man, definitely looks quicker than before with the 5-spd, especially those 3rd and 4th gear pulls.

Where were you able to get the spec b 5th and 6th gears too? You need to smarten up and spill the beans on this whole setup, what axles, diffs if any, how you made this happen basically, before we all lose our minds

I was always under the impression that without the STi hubs, brakes etc, you couldn't swap in the STi trans. If there's some other way to do it without having to do a full STi swap, it'll def be the route I will be taking.

The DCCD pro, how do you know what settings the diffs are at in car? Did you have to swap in an STi cluster? Super excited about the details regarding the swap
J_Maher_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:10 PM   #4524
thatsilverwrx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 307725
Join Date: Jan 2012
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
ISM

Default

Wow. Details, now! Lol your car is honestly probably exactly how I would want mine. Maybe a slightly bigger turbo, but wow. Guess it's time to start saving for a build!
thatsilverwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #4525
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
10.9s @ 128mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Maher_WRX View Post
Holy F***!! That 10-100mph is insane man, definitely looks quicker than before with the 5-spd, especially those 3rd and 4th gear pulls.

Where were you able to get the spec b 5th and 6th gears too? You need to smarten up and spill the beans on this whole setup, what axles, diffs if any, how you made this happen basically, before we all lose our minds

I was always under the impression that without the STi hubs, brakes etc, you couldn't swap in the STi trans. If there's some other way to do it without having to do a full STi swap, it'll def be the route I will be taking.

The DCCD pro, how do you know what settings the diffs are at in car? Did you have to swap in an STi cluster? Super excited about the details regarding the swap
Yes, I have the Spec B 5th and 6th. I'll have more details on the swap soon. There are many options.

The DCCD Pro can output to LED's, but it can't interface directly with anything on the car (because the WRX is not set up for DCCD output). I will probably just run it to the older OEM STI switches. They allow you to see what setting you have it on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsilverwrx View Post
Wow. Details, now! Lol your car is honestly probably exactly how I would want mine. Maybe a slightly bigger turbo, but wow. Guess it's time to start saving for a build!
What fuel and what power goals? In the video you can see that this turbo hits 20psi by under 3,200rpm's in 4th gear and it makes around 480WHP. There aren't many options that will give you that kind of spool for this power level.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
xluben's Pictures and Review of the SPT Exhaust for the 2011 WRX 5 Door Hatch xluben Car Part Reviews 26 11-08-2012 07:55 PM
My first post and my first Subaru, a 2011 WRX 5 door in white. Decade240 Newbies & FAQs 25 06-20-2012 02:48 PM
2011 wrx 5 door hatch with Rota 17"x7.5 +48 5x100 wheels? BretCutler Tire & Wheel 4 01-14-2011 09:05 AM
2011 WRX 5 Door Ruz4life General Community 55 10-14-2010 12:37 AM
2011 WRX 5 Door Ruz4life General Community 10 10-04-2010 05:02 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.