Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday April 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #4951
BroBroBroBroBro
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 338211
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Pemeal Bacon
Vehicle:
2011 wrx
blue

Default

you should do an RB30 swap in a 240 next so i can learn all about that!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
BroBroBroBroBro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:28 AM   #4952
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2012 Forester 2.5X
2002 WRX Sedan

Default

I think I have the first post updated with all the stuff I've sold. Much shorter list now
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:10 AM   #4953
Studmike02
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 220095
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Arizona
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Prem. Hatch
Satin White Pearl

Default

How do you like the 6 speed over 5 speed? Daily driving wise.
Studmike02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:22 AM   #4954
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2012 Forester 2.5X
2002 WRX Sedan

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studmike02 View Post
How do you like the 6 speed over 5 speed? Daily driving wise.
It's great! I don't know how much of this is the full Kartboy/TiC bushing kit, and how much is due to the 6 speed linkages and tranny, but the shifting seems way more crisp. It feels really, really nice to drive. The gearing is very good for daily driving too. All the first 5 gears are slightly shorter than the 5 speed, but then there's an extra gear for cruising.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:25 AM   #4955
Studmike02
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 220095
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Arizona
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Prem. Hatch
Satin White Pearl

Default

Very nice, I'm looking to upgrade my shifter to the kartboy short throw shifter with front and rear bushing. The OEM shifter is LONG. How quick did you get used to the 6 speed from 5 speed such as going into 6th gear when you think it's the reverse gear?
Studmike02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:30 AM   #4956
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2012 Forester 2.5X
2002 WRX Sedan

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studmike02 View Post
Very nice, I'm looking to upgrade my shifter to the kartboy short throw shifter with front and rear bushing. The OEM shifter is LONG. How quick did you get used to the 6 speed from 5 speed such as going into 6th gear when you think it's the reverse gear?
The Kartboy shifter and front and rear bushing make a huge difference. Totally worth it. Getting used to the 6 speed wasn't too difficult. 6th/R isn't really ever an issue while driving. I occasionally would leave it in 5th when I could have been in 6th. And once in a while I would be in 6th and think it was 4th. It didn't take long to figure out though.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:32 AM   #4957
Studmike02
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 220095
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Arizona
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Prem. Hatch
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
The Kartboy shifter and front and rear bushing make a huge difference. Totally worth it. Getting used to the 6 speed wasn't too difficult. 6th/R isn't really ever an issue while driving. I occasionally would leave it in 5th when I could have been in 6th. And once in a while I would be in 6th and think it was 4th. It didn't take long to figure out though.
Very good to know that it's totally worth it, been lurking around buying one for a week now. Not sure what I'm waiting for
Studmike02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #4958
thatsilverwrx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 307725
Join Date: Jan 2012
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
ISM

Default

Not selling the FMIC?
thatsilverwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:16 PM   #4959
warped awd
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 284222
Join Date: May 2011
Default

I was wondering how you like your RCE black springs in comparison to your old bc coils? Is the ride alot smoother and how is the performance on them?
warped awd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:17 PM   #4960
Jdub.csu
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 283784
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Colorado
Vehicle:
2013 EVO X GSR
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by warped awd View Post
I was wondering how you like your RCE black springs in comparison to your old bc coils? Is the ride alot smoother and how is the performance on them?
He has answered this before and that answer is he prefers them a lot more if I remember right.
Jdub.csu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:21 PM   #4961
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2012 Forester 2.5X
2002 WRX Sedan

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studmike02 View Post
Very good to know that it's totally worth it, been lurking around buying one for a week now. Not sure what I'm waiting for
Just do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsilverwrx View Post
Not selling the FMIC?
The bumper is already hacked up for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warped awd View Post
I was wondering how you like your RCE black springs in comparison to your old bc coils? Is the ride alot smoother and how is the performance on them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdub.csu View Post
He has answered this before and that answer is he prefers them a lot more if I remember right.
Yes, much, much better. The ride on the BC's was very poor. They did OK on smooth pavement, and the height adjustment was nice, but the ride quality was not good. The Koni/RCE Black combo rides really nicely. It sits a little low for winter use, but overall it's not too bad, and looks great in the summer. The handling seems to be quite good. They're definitely a bit softer.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:47 PM   #4962
INKMAN
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 267837
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY
Vehicle:
2014 Focus ST (ST3)
Tuxedo Black

Default

Quote:
Not selling the FMIC?
Quote:
The bumper is already hacked up for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
I traded off my FMIC locally last night. I wanted to keep my options open in terms of turbo mounting flange.
INKMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #4963
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2012 Forester 2.5X
2002 WRX Sedan

Default

Yeah, I actually traded it off locally for a set that had uncoated pipes, because he had pipes for both of the mounting flange versions. So no more pretty red pipes in the engine bay.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:58 PM   #4964
INKMAN
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 267837
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY
Vehicle:
2014 Focus ST (ST3)
Tuxedo Black

Default

Oh, that makes sense. I thought you slipped up.
INKMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:01 PM   #4965
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2012 Forester 2.5X
2002 WRX Sedan

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INKMAN View Post
Oh, that makes sense. I thought you slipped up.
It seems like everyone thinks I'm going to slip up.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #4966
Jdub.csu
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 283784
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Colorado
Vehicle:
2013 EVO X GSR
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
It seems like everyone thinks I'm going to slip up.
Lots of us keep thinking you have something up your sleeve due to previous ways you acted lol
Jdub.csu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:14 PM   #4967
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2012 Forester 2.5X
2002 WRX Sedan

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdub.csu View Post
Lots of us keep thinking you have something up your sleeve due to previous ways you acted lol
Yes, yes, I'm the boy who cried wolf
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #4968
Jdub.csu
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 283784
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Colorado
Vehicle:
2013 EVO X GSR
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
Yes, yes, I'm the boy who cried wolf
Pretty much lol
Jdub.csu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:54 PM   #4969
colbygrease
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 311468
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Sacramento/Los Gatos
Vehicle:
'13 TP Stage 2 STI
ISM Hatch

Default

If you're going to take out your 5th and 6th gears, I'll gladly take them off your hands

Also, did you end up keeping the RPF1's? I might have missed that.
colbygrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:17 PM   #4970
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2012 Forester 2.5X
2002 WRX Sedan

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdub.csu View Post
Pretty much lol


Quote:
Originally Posted by colbygrease View Post
If you're going to take out your 5th and 6th gears, I'll gladly take them off your hands

Also, did you end up keeping the RPF1's? I might have missed that.
Lol. I don't think I'll be swapping gears. I don't have the stock ones anyways.

I do still have the RPF1's, but it's only about 17F right now, so I think it will be a while before I can get them on.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:42 AM   #4971
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
SWP

Default

Do you have pictures of the car of it sitting on the koni/rce combo? I was mainly leaning towards doing feal 441 coils, but the strut/spring combo appeals me since it is geared more towards a DD setup. I am looking to stiffen things up a bit, but still want to keep things comfortable. Also, wanting to close up the massive wheel gap to have a better stance. I will be installing sways (f/r) and endlinks for better cornering as well. I was looking at the Bilstein struts instead of the koni's. Thoughts? Thanks Ben!

EDIT: Nevermind, found the pics http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2344784
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #4972
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2012 Forester 2.5X
2002 WRX Sedan

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyFreak86 View Post
Do you have pictures of the car of it sitting on the koni/rce combo? I was mainly leaning towards doing feal 441 coils, but the strut/spring combo appeals me since it is geared more towards a DD setup. I am looking to stiffen things up a bit, but still want to keep things comfortable. Also, wanting to close up the massive wheel gap to have a better stance. I will be installing sways (f/r) and endlinks for better cornering as well. I was looking at the Bilstein struts instead of the koni's. Thoughts? Thanks Ben!

EDIT: Nevermind, found the pics http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2344784
Yeah, there are some in there, and also every photo I've posted since then. Here are some from the first post of this thread:





Summer Mode:



xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:07 PM   #4973
Studmike02
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 220095
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Arizona
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Prem. Hatch
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
Just do it!
And I did it.
Studmike02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #4974
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2012 Forester 2.5X
2002 WRX Sedan

Default

Teaser:



Getting ready for Race Wars.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:33 AM   #4975
Celery GT-5
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 98210
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Upstate NY
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Premium
WRB

Default

that should pull a premium
Celery GT-5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
xluben's Pictures and Review of the SPT Exhaust for the 2011 WRX 5 Door Hatch xluben Car Part Reviews 26 11-08-2012 06:55 PM
My first post and my first Subaru, a 2011 WRX 5 door in white. Decade240 Newbies & FAQs 25 06-20-2012 01:48 PM
2011 wrx 5 door hatch with Rota 17"x7.5 +48 5x100 wheels? BretCutler Tire & Wheel 4 01-14-2011 08:05 AM
2011 WRX 5 Door Ruz4life General Community 55 10-13-2010 11:37 PM
2011 WRX 5 Door Ruz4life General Community 10 10-04-2010 04:02 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.