|11-13-2010, 07:34 AM||#1|
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: The bowels of heaven
Fantasy - WRC in North America - Where?
Simple question: If WRC were to come to the USA or Canada where could it possibly be held?
I would assume they would pick a location that is currently used for a major stage rally, or better yet find a central HQ location that was close to two major stage rally areas in order to maximize the number of roads.
So here is the preferred criteria:
Bonus question - Where would this fit into the schedule? (assuming the schedule stays relatively similar to it's current structure)
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
|11-13-2010, 06:58 PM||#2|
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Peoples Republik of CambridgeVehicle:
Albeit this has been debated, discussed, and pondered about for years on Special Stage, it is fun to imagine--kind like sex in the champagne room...
1) The wet dream gets soiled when people [promotors] realize there is zero awareness in the US for WRC, and thus, no big sponsors. Promotion money would be better invested in something off the wall, but with a higher likelihood of profitability, like a TV show "MASH-the next generation"
2) US liability is a killer, and more so now due to the truck deaths last summer, on a an "open motorsports course". WRC would not put up with all the legal BS we have here. FIA and RA... Mexico is much easier and get lots of US spectators
3) I've heard of at least one business plan to test feasibility of WRC in the US. (No Not RNY....) It was an AU group. The concept was to base it around Vegas, and would have been run in a year that Mex was off (March type window). But, evidently, the Aussies running #'s on it could not make it happen on paper.
4) Next best bet would be Tall Pines or Baie, but highly doubtful the US
My two cents
|11-13-2010, 07:45 PM||#3|
Join Date: Oct 2009
2007 2.5i Sedan/STI
It was already here once before...Back in 1986?. It did not last too long though just like the Group B cars that ran it.
Somewhere I believe I still actually have an old VHS tape of it.
John Buffum was there.
I just don't know if they use the same roads/stages as the present one..
Last edited by DennisG; 11-13-2010 at 07:58 PM.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|WRC is back in North America||TmT||NASIOC Official News, Articles and Polls||75||07-31-2007 03:21 PM|
|STi and LanEvo to ever duke it out in North America?||death_blossom||News & Rumors||39||10-29-2005 10:00 AM|
|Where can I buy SixStar magazine in North America ?||Legacy||General Community||3||08-29-2003 10:34 AM|
|('93-'01) SWRT Clothing, Merchandise, any one sells these in North America?||Imprezard||Impreza Forum||10||10-25-2001 04:37 PM|
|The rarest Subaru in North America||Gambit||General Forum Archive||36||06-19-2000 08:58 PM|