Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 3, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 11-11-2010, 08:22 PM   #1
DevinMosca
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 244277
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2002 WRX

Default 02 ej20t into 98 forester?what needs to be done

hi, im asking this real quick because i have a 02 wrx as my daily driver and its not quite able to be driven in the winter unless i do some major work. i found a 98 forester for real cheap with the engine blown but tranny is still good. now my question is...since i have everything for the engine on my wrx and it runs....can i just drop it into the forester and run it and just use the flexplate and torque converter from the forester or is there something else i need to do or is this a more in depth project then im thinking. would like some answers ASAP any help is appreciated because im trying to get this moving if it can be done in the next couple of days. also if people dont know but can point me in the right direction that also would be appreciated. also ask if you need clarification cause i typed this quick off the top of my head and might not make sense
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
DevinMosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:29 PM   #2
DevinMosca
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 244277
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2002 WRX

i guess what im asking is will a 98 forester flex plate bolt up to an 02 ej20 crank and are there any harness issues?
DevinMosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:04 PM   #3
Jaxx
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 177
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
The 93 Imp W/EJ20K
flat black

mount up yes

"just drop it into the forester"-big no
you would have to remove the harness out of the wrx and forester then strip them both down remerge then reinstall in to the forester ...

if you had a second wrx harness its more feasable ..
even then you still have the risk of the 98 tcu not wanting to talk to the 02 ecu
Jaxx is offline   Reply With Quote