Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday September 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Vendor Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 07-01-2002, 07:20 PM   #1
thyrodent
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 12440
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX STI
Black

Default Performancecenter.com ripoff!

Man am I pissed, this is just a heads up to anyone buying parts for their WRX from these schmucks.

They were advertising the newly released "K&N Typhoon" for the WRX over there a week ago for $141 bucks. Sounded like a sweet deal considering the price of all the other import CAI's out there. So figuring that at that price it's worth a shot I order one.

Today I get a typhoon, but for a Honduh civic SI. Not even close to what I ordered.

But the best part is, when I called and told them that they shipped me the wrong part, they told me - "yeah computer f-'ed up, if you want the right part it's $290 +S&H" (retail $460)

when I was done laughing I was angry again.

Now they won't even send me a return lable, I have to pay to ship it to them and get credit for the whole package in 10 - 20 buisness days.

I can understand a screw up, but their attitude and return methods suck extra large moose kak.

/end rant
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
thyrodent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 07:59 PM   #2
raptor5
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 14389
Vehicle:
2002 Subaru WRX
WR Blue Pearl

I had a similar experience with them. I ordered the intake and got it in 3 weeks. When I got it it was for a 2002 RSX. They told me it was the same part no. for both cars. Being the skeptical person I am I called K&N. They were not too happy to hear that. So I called performance center and they told me to ship it back to them. They were not willing to pay for shipping either. They said they would send me a new Typhoon for the WRX at no extra charge. So I did kind of make out in the deal, but I definitely would not buy from these people.
raptor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 07:00 PM   #3
jblaine
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (36)

Member#: 8512
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2002 WRX chassis...
stage-infinity.com

thyrodent:

Man, if that was me, I'd document everything, including screenshots of the website showing the part labeled as "for WRX", the $141 price tag, the date and time I a) ordered b) received the product, and c) called them about it.

Then after all of the screenshots had been taken and they could not change their website, I'd call them back and tell them that you expect a return label within 3 days or you'll be opening a case with the Better Business Bureau about it.

Don't let ANY company screw you like this. You, not wanting to deal with a fight, is EXACTLY what they want, and they prey on it.
jblaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 08:56 PM   #4
raptor5
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 14389
Vehicle:
2002 Subaru WRX
WR Blue Pearl

I finally got in touch with the manager there today 7-8-02. He told me that my new filter was on backorder from K&N and would ship from them on 7-15-02. He also told me what a good deal I was getting because the filter should cost $250. I told him that the only reason I have been so patient is because of the good price.
raptor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 12:21 PM   #5
RichImpreza02
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (3)

Member#: 106440
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
WRB

Default Do Not Use Performancecenter.com

I'm so ticked off right now I have to bring back this thread to add to it.
If I had read this thread before I ordered, i sure as heck wouldn't have used them.

So I ordered a sway bar and strut bar from them on 12/2/06. On 12/6 I call them and tell them I would like to check on the order because I haven't heard anything yet, the guy says oh the strut bar is back ordered until the 15th and the sway is on the way, you should have it by the 8th. I was irritated but said ok.
On 12/8 I FINALLY get an order confirmation email. But not the sway bar. The email says the strut bar is on back order from the manufacturer it will be shipped on the 14th, ok no surprise, they mentioned that. But then, it also says the sway bar is NOW BEING ORDERED from the manufacturer and will be shipped on the 15th! WTF!? So I order the part on the 2nd and you guys don't even place the order until the 8th?!? I was ready to fly to CA myself just to smack somebody. So now it's 12/12 and here I am 10 days later still with no parts.

I'll be sure to be back on here to fill in on what happens with the whole deal, now after reading other posts I'm stressing that I'll be getting the wrong parts. Grrr.
RichImpreza02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 02:08 PM   #6
RichImpreza02
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (3)

Member#: 106440
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
WRB

Wow. I've never dealt with a worse vendor. So now I get an email that says after reviewing your order we are now giving item#XXXX a new shipping date of 12/20.

Their 800 number support basically just reads the emails back to me.

I'm going to have a brain hemorage.
RichImpreza02 is offline   Reply With Quote