Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday April 24, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:32 AM   #1
fastfalcon94
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 126123
Default Just merged my 98rs to 06 wrx harness, having some problems:(

Posted same thing on rs25.com too

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f128/t147...ml#post2313550

----------

Background: 98 2.5rs coupe, 06 wrx 2.5L engine w/ 40k miles, immobilizer, key, ECU,engine wiring harness, dash wiring harness all from the same car.

I couldn't find an exact guide, but used Brydon's 07STI to 99RS guide as I read it's the same as 07WRX. Obviously I have a 98 so I had to convert the pins to B84 connectors.

The car will not start. It will crank, but I am getting no fuel (pump is running but injectors are not pulsing) or spark. Also the main power relay is not providing power to the ECU. It's triggered via the self shutoff control wire from the ECU. On the 98RS this was a 12V trigger. On the 06 WRX, it is a ground trigger. The same is true, but vice versa for the fuel pump relay.

So to fix this, you just swap the opposite trigger wires between the fuel pump relay and the main relay. I've done this. Still my self shutoff wire is not providing ground, it's not providing 12V either. I'm not sure what it's doing, but it won't trigger my main power relay.

If I ground the self shutoff control relay it will power the main relay and ECU. I can try cranking the car, but still no fuel or spark. I've tested every ground at the ECU.

More questions

There were 2 rs sensors here. I'm assuming I need to get the 06 wrx ones for the new harness? I left the old rs plugs on there just incase not wired to anything. Could not having these sensors plugged in cause the engine not to get fuel or spark?

My next thought is the immobilizer. I double checked my wiring here. I don't have pins 5 or 9 hooked up. 5 is some light,and 9 is some keyless entry wire that is T'd to an impact sensor. I don't have an impact sensor. Is there anyway for me to test my immobilizer?

Here is my DBW. Can't really test this yet

I believe these are air controller wires for something I don't need. These don't need to be hooked up anywhere right?

And this is minor to me right now, but.

I'd appreciate any help I can get. If anyone knows what they are doing and local I'd gladly compensate them for some troubleshooting time. I've spent a good 10 hours on this after work, and I can't figure it out.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
fastfalcon94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:50 AM   #2
kcpaz
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 194611
Vehicle:
1998 Legacy GT
Mexico Blue (not red)

I'd have to look at the wiring diagram again, but I'm almost 100% sure the brown and red wire coming off of the immobilizer has to run through the LED in the cluster, to a fused 12v source. In the diagram it ways it goes to FB-8 M/B Fuse NO. 2 (B). You can try not using the LED and just running that wire directly to a 12V source and see if that works. If not, you may have to source that exact LED bulb and try again.

Also, I'm assuming you have the ignition key that matches the ECU along with the antenna from the column, and the immobilizer matches the ECU... right?
kcpaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:08 AM   #3
RSmatt
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 8039
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
94 v2 STi RA - RHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcpaz View Post
I'd have to look at the wiring diagram again, but I'm almost 100% sure the brown and red wire coming off of the immobilizer has to run through the LED in the cluster, to a fused 12v source. In the diagram it ways it goes to FB-8 M/B Fuse NO. 2 (B). You can try not using the LED and just running that wire directly to a 12V source and see if that works. If not, you may have to source that exact LED bulb and try again.
I don't recall ever having to hook up this wire during a merge using an immobilizer. I'm fairly certain that I never even bothered to hook it up.

Let's start with the fuel pump relay and main relays.

Undo what you have currently done. Reattach the GR wire back together. Now merge the LgR wire (directly below the GR) to the ground wire you had the GR hooked to.

Next, take what was the ground coming from the main relay and a merge it with the BR wire in pin 5 of the Main Relay. This is more like a "T" merge, leave no loose ends between the ground and both ends of the BR.

Now let's skip to the brown and gray engine plugs.

The LR and LY wire will not be needed, if you are not going to run the secondary air pumps. The YL wire at pin 1 of the brown plug must be tied in with the YG at pin 3 of the Main Relay (another "T"). The YL wire should have continuity with the YL at pin 1 on the DBW relay, and also with b134 pin7 and b135 pin2.

Hopefully this will help a bit.

Last edited by RSmatt; 12-04-2010 at 11:21 AM.
RSmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:51 AM   #4
kcpaz
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 194611
Vehicle:
1998 Legacy GT
Mexico Blue (not red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSmatt View Post
I don't recall ever having to hook up this wire during a merge using an immobilizer. I'm fairly certain that I never even bothered to hook it up.

That must mean the brown and red wire is supplying the ground to the LED circuit. I couldn't tell in the diagram whether that was the case or if the LED was inline from a power source to the Immobilizer. Thanks for the clarification.
kcpaz is offline   Reply With Quote