Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 28, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 03-04-2016, 11:02 AM   #1
pboy1984
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 391824
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
Red

Default Better late than never my 11'

I purchased my WRX certified used back in may of 2014. Had a touch over 20k on her and the price was right, plus they threw in tire/wheel insurance. Maybe by mid July I purchased an accessport and flashed the car. I thought oh hey this is cool. I got into nursing school and began that in January 2015 (I'm 31 and going back to school ). Between school and working full time it has been a very slow process, I'm no where near where I want the car to be. After surviving the first semester of nursing hell errr school I began to purchase "stage 2" parts. That's where she sits currently and most likely for some time.

Summer 2015:
Cobb downpipe
PW verti-cooler
Turbosmart kompact recirc valve
Nameless muffler delete just because racecar
Cobb 3-port boost solenoid still sitting in the box waiting to get protuned
Grimmspeed turbo heat shield.
Kartboy short shifter; little present from the lady. SHE HATES CARS lmao
TP stage 2 map

Not impressive but it did the trick for what I spent and wanted. I also got into proper detailing and paint correction, my first try on that soft ass paint from Subaru got some pretty good results. My car was fulllll of swirls from the previous owner probably using drive through washes.

And then on July 5th, 2015 some pile of garbage did this

Body shop did an ok job fixing it, not the greatest but they didn't make me pay my deductible so its livable.

Fast forward to present day. Thank you IRS for giving me some of my hard earned money back. Tax season you either love it or hate it

January 2016 to present: waiting for it to get a little warmer and a break from school but there are a ton of parts sitting in my apartment just waiting.
IAG AOS in gold/street series
Eibach sways front and rear, before I get flamed, they only cost me 50 each brand new
Kart boy front and rear endlinks
Kartboy pitch stop mount
Kartboy shifter bushing combo
Subaru STI group N transmission mount
AEM wideband
AEM digital boost
JCS A-pillar pod
Nameless Performance mid pipe; finally completing the exhaust
Gtworx+RCE black springs
Gold RPF1's 17x9 +45
Continental extreme DW 255/40/17
Muteki black steel closed ended lug nuts
New front bumper waiting for paint

Little things I installed/did since January on the rare day off+ decent weather:
Killer B red engine covers Alt and rad shroud
Shorty antenna la de freaking da
Plate relocation
Nameless plate delete, I think I'm just going to make one myself
Hella supertones in gold
Black WRX fender emblems
Finally tinted the windows 20% all around
***I've never liked plastidip*** I dip'd the trunk trim black

Last edited by pboy1984; Yesterday at 04:47 PM.
pboy1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2016, 01:02 PM   #2
pboy1984
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 WRX
Red

March 2016:
Finally got around to installing some things. Rear sway bar and endlinks are on, finished my exhaust. Its now a cobb dp with a nameless cat back(no mufflers at all) its loud but I love it, no drone just lots of rumble. Upgraded my rotors to some StopTech slots new ceramic StopTech pads.

Less of a Frankenstein exhaust now.

Fits like a glove.

Dinky crap.
Solution.

^^^ Installed with full load on rear suspension, makes getting the endlinks straight very easy

Last edited by pboy1984; 03-28-2016 at 08:42 AM.
Old 04-03-2016, 09:44 AM   #3
pboy1984
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 WRX
Red

April 2016
Rainy day fun. Had to make some room in the garage to pull the car half way in for some new shoes.

Needs a little low and the front sways + endlinks. Waiting for a Sunday to come along impatiently...
Old 04-03-2016, 10:43 AM   #4
ScoobyDoRex
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 17500
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Sedan
Ice Ice Baby

Very nice! And I really like your setup, should make for a fun and reliable WRX.

Question: You already had the Nameless muffler deletes, and then went to the full CBE, correct? So did the CBE just mate up to Namelss rear section? If so, I plan to do the same, as I already have the muffler deletes as well.

Welcome to Nursing, by the way. I went back to school at age 30 for a second career as a nurse, and have loved it ever since.
ScoobyDoRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:08 AM   #5
pboy1984
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 WRX
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyDoRex View Post
Very nice! And I really like your setup, should make for a fun and reliable WRX.

Question: You already had the Nameless muffler deletes, and then went to the full CBE, correct? So did the CBE just mate up to Namelss rear section? If so, I plan to do the same, as I already have the muffler deletes as well.

Welcome to Nursing, by the way. I went back to school at age 30 for a second career as a nurse, and have loved it ever since.
Thank you. Reliable is the key until I can swing a motor build, after school of course.
For the nameless; yes full CBE now, it mats right up no issues what so ever. Fits perfectly. I called Nameless for some tips on easy installation.

1. The portion that connects to the DP the angle should point towards the driver side. With about a finger gap between the heatshield and the pipe.

2. It is much easier to install the two pipes as an entire unit. Meaning, Nameless's pipe is a two piece design vs. the OEM single piece design. Connect both ends of the nameless pipe, just snug the clamps. This allows for rotation of the pipe for proper fitment as well as using the hanger to hold the pipe up.

The donut gasket they provide slips right over the stock donut gasket on the DP, perfectly.

I love being in the hospital with patients, I absolutely despise the classroom setting. Its a teach yourself approach and it makes things crazy.
Old 04-03-2016, 03:20 PM   #6
ScoobyDoRex
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2012 WRX Sedan
Ice Ice Baby

Awesome, thanks!
Old 04-03-2016, 03:24 PM   #7
Jvell
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 439857
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2013 STI Hatch
Blue Plasma Pearl

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBscribed! nice job man ...keep them grades up young man lol
Jvell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 08:10 PM   #8
pboy1984
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 WRX
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvell View Post
SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBscribed! nice job man ...keep them grades up young man lol
Thanks Jvell... I'm trying, they don't make it easy! Makes sense though, being responsible for someone else's well being is not an easy task
Old 04-03-2016, 09:37 PM   #9
vtjbiz
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 442082
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Limited
Silver

How are the stoptechs working out? I've been wanting to upgrade the brakes on my wrx, but I'm not sure I want to take the plunge on the Brembo conversion.
vtjbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 05:57 AM   #10
pboy1984
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 WRX
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtjbiz View Post
How are the stoptechs working out? I've been wanting to upgrade the brakes on my wrx, but I'm not sure I want to take the plunge on the Brembo conversion.
I really like them for DD. I haven't decided if I want to upgrade to SS lines yet to increase the pedal feel, but the rotors and the ceramic dustless pads are very nice. The car def stops shorter/stronger from spirited drives and freeway pulls. Highly recommend, BBk's are just over kill on the stock motor and turbo IMO. All the research I've done says that just simple upgrades and a master brake cylinder brace drastically increase the stopping ability of the WRX.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:43 PM   #11
vtjbiz
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 442082
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Limited
Silver

The only thing I've done so far is the Grimm Speed brace, not sure if it helped stopping distance but it definitely improved the pedal feel quite a bit.
vtjbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 12:56 PM   #12
pboy1984
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 WRX
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtjbiz View Post
The only thing I've done so far is the Grimm Speed brace, not sure if it helped stopping distance but it definitely improved the pedal feel quite a bit.

I'll eventually get around to that one too. No more squish
Old 04-30-2016, 07:30 AM   #13
pboy1984
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 WRX
Red

So if you've read this thread from the start, #nursingschoolgivesmeanxiety. Tests are computerized and timed, that doesn't bother me. Its the questions, they are all trick questions that require what nursing instructors call "critical thinking". Annnnyway we had a test on thursday, grades are supposed to be posted an hour after, instead we get an email saying they wouldn't be released until late friday afternoon. Great! I went to work friday, couldn't sit still for the life of me, so I took a half day came home to change my oil and get to work finishing my suspension.

It was a lot easier than I anticipated, I got the fronts off while letting my oil drain. Managed to get the GtWorx on while the new oil was draining in. My dad always taught me to get as much oil out of the jug as possible. Hell if you're paying for it you may as well. So that was friday after noon by the time I finished grades were finally posted. Killed that test, finally a solid grade. So now the little red rocket is getting an alignment.

Fancy work parking garage, photo bucket app filters are pretty cool (before I lowered it)

And the finished product +10000000 for the GtWorx/RCE Black spring combo. Set it and forget it no worries about winter and salt.

Last edited by pboy1984; 04-30-2016 at 11:21 AM.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:51 AM   #14
ScoobyDoRex
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2012 WRX Sedan
Ice Ice Baby

Looking great!! (And just wait til NCLEX, that's the real fun)
Old 04-30-2016, 05:07 PM   #15
InFINite989
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 381106
Vehicle:
2014 SWP WRX Hatch

Still looks pretty high for the RCE blacks, they were only on for a day before you got the alignment? I'm thinking they will settle more. Not hating, just wondering bc I have the same combo for my hatch that I haven't installed yet.
InFINite989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 12:08 AM   #16
pboy1984
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 WRX
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFINite989 View Post
Still looks pretty high for the RCE blacks, they were only on for a day before you got the alignment? I'm thinking they will settle more. Not hating, just wondering bc I have the same combo for my hatch that I haven't installed yet.
I installed them Friday late afternoon, got an alignment first thing Saturday morning and then took that picture. It's now Sunday 1210am. So they haven't even been on the car for 48 hours. I think they will settle a little bit more. I didn't want anything crazy but the feel is amazing with sways and endlinks.

Last edited by pboy1984; 05-01-2016 at 12:29 AM.
Old Yesterday, 05:16 PM   #17
pboy1984
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 WRX
Red

Summer 2016 updates:
I went with a TP stage 3 map. So nice, so so so nice.
As of right now the car is running great there were a few little kinks here and there on my end, nothing with Eric's tune. Insert much appreciation for Eric over at TP here. Had some old heatshields rust and rot cause false knock which was pulling the DAM down, no bueno. Replaced what needed and no more issues. A few installs (EBCS and intake) in the driveway and a good summer detail.

As of right now this is how the car is setup.

Engine/driveline/exhaust/fueling:

Process West Verticooler
Turbosmart Kompact recirc valve
TurboXS CAI (3 inch for future upgrades to turbo and inlet)
Killer B rad and alt shroud just for some fun
Cobb DP
Grimmspeed heatshield
Nameless CBE w/o mufflers
NGK 1 step colder plugs
DW65 fuel pump (going in this weekend)
IAG AOS Street series in gold to match dem wheels (going in this weekend)
Kartboy pitch stop
STI group N tranny mount
CM FX300 and resurfaced stock flywheel being installed by MRP on 8/9/16

Suspension/brakes/wheels:
GTWorx w/RCE Blacks
Kartboy end links all 4 corners
Eibach sways
Enkei 17x9+45 RPF1s in gold
Continental DW Extreme 255/40/17 rubber
Stoptech slotted rotors
Stoptech dustless street pads
Muteki closed black lug nuts

Misc:
Perrin shorty antenna
Grimmspeed license plat relocation
AEM Boost gauge
AEM AFR gauge
JCS A pillar pod
20%tints all around
Hella Supertones in gold
WRX black emblems on fenders

By the end of the summer if the significant other/gf/aka boss lady allows I'm going to get my hands on some ID 1000's and a protune
Shell Rotella t-6 and Redline fuel system cleaner on rotation constantly have kept her pretty happy thus far (knock on wood).