Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 24, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Rocky Mountains Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Rocky Mountains Impreza Club Forum -- RMIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
ryanveld
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 238053
Join Date: Feb 2010
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: N. Ogden Ut
Vehicle:
2006 STI
SGM

Default Internet TV

So what are your opinions? I just recently started to do my research on this. I would like to get rid of satellite and contracts all together. Is internet tv there yet? What about PPV and live sporting events? What are your thoughts?

Im kinda leaning towards this

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921666273500


Thanks
Ryan
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by ryanveld; 01-26-2011 at 10:17 PM. Reason: link fixed
ryanveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:12 PM   #2
medamullet
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 99442
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Man of Mystery
Vehicle:
2006 SGM STI
I'm on CORN YO!

Default

ryan, fix your link it is ****
medamullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:17 PM   #3
06HAWKMAN
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 166626
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: salt lake city utah
Vehicle:
2006 wrx ewg vf39'd
obp

Default

My bro bought one and returned it within a week because it couldn't keep up with the ps3, it would freeze all the time.......I would wait personally
06HAWKMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:37 PM   #4
godfather2112
Papi Chulo
Moderator
 
Member#: 53794
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: utah
Vehicle:
.... OT Supplement
Testing Division.

Default

Do not get a Sony google enabled tv. **** is junk. Buy the Logitech revue box. They should be adding hulu+ very shortly.
godfather2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:48 PM   #5
axleon2
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 154117
Join Date: Jul 2007
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Midvale, Utah
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
JBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanveld
So what are your opinions? I just recently started to do my research on this. I would like to get rid of satellite and contracts all together. Is internet tv there yet? What about PPV and live sporting events? What are your thoughts?

Im kinda leaning towards this

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... 0#features

Thanks
Ryan
I agree Ryan then get fiber internet from me and all will be well...
axleon2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:12 PM   #6
quicksubie
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 221140
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: utah
Vehicle:
2005 hybrid=fun :-D
93 L 2.5rs rally preped

Default

^^^^ agreed fiber Internet ftmfw ;-)
quicksubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:22 PM   #7
DLC
out back
Moderator
 
Member#: 1964
Join Date: Jul 2000
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: 84XXX
Vehicle:
01 BH
Blue/Bronze

Default

I definitely wouldn't recommend getting a TV with ANYTHING installed. Pay a bit less maybe and get a set-top like the Revue or Boxee Box and wait for the services to trickle in.
DLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:35 PM   #8
ryanveld
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 238053
Join Date: Feb 2010
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: N. Ogden Ut
Vehicle:
2006 STI
SGM

Default

Thanks for your opinions guys. The link that's broke is to the Sony blu ray google player whatever. Not a tv. I have 3 HDTVs already. Godfather do you have that revue?


What about sporting events? I was in Korea last year and I downloaded everything I watched except baseball and football. It's really not that bad. And with free stations like. Www.ch131.com it just makes sence to me. Minus ppv fights and sports.


Axleon I tried to get fiber optic they don't have it where I live. He'll quest isn't in Farr west at all last time I checked. I'm paying like $65 through comcast.

Once again thanks for the comments. Keep them coming. I should also mention I watch maybe (minus sports) 3 hours of tv a week and that's kinda high.
ryanveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:42 PM   #9
godfather2112
Papi Chulo
Moderator
 
Member#: 53794
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: utah
Vehicle:
.... OT Supplement
Testing Division.

Default

I had one and sold it. I sell them all day. They have good potential IMO. Give it a few months to see what rolls out on the market. CES was last month so new products should be out soon.
godfather2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:07 PM   #10
ryanveld
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 238053
Join Date: Feb 2010
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: N. Ogden Ut
Vehicle:
2006 STI
SGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather2112
I had one and sold it. I sell them all day. They have good potential IMO. Give it a few months to see what rolls out on the market. CES was last month so new products should be out soon.
Thanks I'll do that.
ryanveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:16 PM   #11
godfather2112
Papi Chulo
Moderator
 
Member#: 53794
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: utah
Vehicle:
.... OT Supplement
Testing Division.

Default

Np. I'm also ditching my satellite service. I hardly watch tv so paying my 120 a month is crazy. You can view almost everythig online, somehow
godfather2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:15 PM   #12
ryanveld
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 238053
Join Date: Feb 2010
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: N. Ogden Ut
Vehicle:
2006 STI
SGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather2112 View Post
Np. I'm also ditching my satellite service. I hardly watch tv so paying my 120 a month is crazy. You can view almost everythig online, somehow

I agree. My only thing is ppv fights and sports. Do you know anywhere online to watch that?

I also fixed the link in the first post

And this is from Oct but a good comparison

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2370711,00.asp

Last edited by ryanveld; 01-26-2011 at 10:22 PM.
ryanveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:28 PM   #13
axleon2
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 154117
Join Date: Jul 2007
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Midvale, Utah
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
JBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanveld
Thanks for your opinions guys. The link that's broke is to the Sony blu ray google player whatever. Not a tv. I have 3 HDTVs already. Godfather do you have that revue?

What about sporting events? I was in Korea last year and I downloaded everything I watched except baseball and football. It's really not that bad. And with free stations like. Www.ch131.com it just makes sence to me. Minus ppv fights and sports.

Axleon I tried to get fiber optic they don't have it where I live. He'll quest isn't in Farr west at all last time I checked. I'm paying like $65 through comcast.

Once again thanks for the comments. Keep them coming. I should also mention I watch maybe (minus sports) 3 hours of tv a week and that's kinda high.
Ouch Comcast is great just over priced. Pm me your address sir.
axleon2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Time Warner Internet/TV...Opinions? SHIFTcanadian Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC 38 05-27-2009 01:50 PM
Internet TV geshtolt Motorsports 0 02-02-2005 04:49 PM
2006 Subaru Impreza Ad on TV?? Please post the ad on the internet....If you have it neuspeed News & Rumors 6 07-26-2004 09:57 AM
Cable TV/ Hispeed internet deals? neuspeed Southern California Impreza Club Forum -- SCIC 7 05-01-2004 09:32 PM
W.O.W. Cable TV & Internet for $45/Month OH MI IL IN CO Cjchaps Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC 12 11-16-2002 11:29 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.