Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday February 6, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Brakes & Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Brakes, Steering & Suspension

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-27-2016, 08:39 PM   #1
miclements85
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 435591
Vehicle:
2016 Impreza SL
Black

Default Eibach ARB doesn't fit???

Let me start off by listing the most necessary information first:

- 2016 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Limited Hatchback

- I called Subaru and asked if the OEM sway bars are they same from 2015-2016 and I was told, they in fact are.

- Brand new Eibach front ARB (and supplied bushings) (Part #7727.880) ordered from Autoanything. Part listed as (2015 Subaru Impreza 2.0L 4-cyl. engine)

- I figure since the OEM ARBs are the same, that an aftermarket ARB listed for a 2015 Impreza would fit.

- Kartboy Endlinks (SKU - KB-017-08+Combo)

- Suspension was loaded

I just received my Eibach Pro-Kit Plus the other day and wanted to install the front ARB last night. Everything came off fine and dandy. I was getting excited.

I fed the Eibach ARB over the exhaust piping and put on the new greased up bushing and half tightened the C-clamps back in place. The ends of the ARB were pointing up towards the car.

Here lies my issues...... I could not, for the life of me, get the endlinks connected or even in a position where I could feed both the top and bottom bolts through the bar and link. I searched long and hard on this forum, YouTube videos, Scoobymods, etc. and could not find a solution. I even tried to put the OEM endlinks in to see if the would fit. I couldn't get those to fit correctly either. I tried every possible thing "I" could think of. Unfortunately, I gave up and called my local auto shop to have install this front ARB for me.

Today, said auto shop called me and told me they as well couldn't get the KB links or the OEM links connected to the bar. (Let me mention that I could get a bolt through the KB links (without any spacers), but there wasn't enough clearance from the bolt end and the bar. The bolt head was resting on the bar itself. Furthermore, that then left no room on the other side of the bar to get another link in there.)

This led me to believe I wasn't as dumb as I felt the night before. It also narrowed down my questions: 1.) Is the ARB the wrong size? 2.) Do the KB endlinks not fit? I believe the bar is the wrong size. The bar seems to be too "tall".

I have been in contact with Tom about the links, (THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!! I cannot stress that enough.) I'm almost absolutely certain the links are not the issue here......

I'd just like to get some opinions. I wish I had pictures of the Eibach bar being installed, but I was so frustrated last night that I did not take any pictures. I also didn't install the damn bar with the plastic still on it so now the paint is a little beat up.

Any ideas?

miclements85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2016, 08:46 PM   #2
Cisco Kidd
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 418558
Chapter/Region: VIC
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Sport Tech
Dark Gray

I will be following this as I plan to use those same end links with my 15 WRX and the same Eibach Sway bar kit which I know fits the WRX as Rally Sport Direct has the same kit on their car but unsure which end links they are using .
Cisco Kidd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 08:53 PM   #3
miclements85
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2016 Impreza SL
Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kidd View Post
I will be following this as I plan to use those same end links with my 15 WRX and the same Eibach Sway bar kit which I know fits the WRX as Rally Sport Direct has the same kit on their car but unsure which end links they are using .

I'm sure the KB links will work... So many people swear by them. Great product. Thats why I chose to get them. Email tom@kartboy.com he'll help you out.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:54 PM   #4
jamal
Scooby Guru

Member#: 71875
Vehicle:
98 2.5GT
my wheels fit

Maybe the place you got the swaybar from can help.
jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 12:26 PM   #5
miclements85
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2016 Impreza SL
Black

So this looks like a false fitment description from autoanything. I contacted autoanything and they are looking into it. Meanwhile, I contacted Eibach directly and spoke to a technician and after sending him the part number 7727.880, he replied to me with this response:

Michael,
The 7727.880 is listed for the 2015 Subaru WRX and is not specified as fitting the Impreza Sport.
We have not tested the 2015 Impreza Sport, so unfortunately I have no recommendations for end links
or bar fitment. It sounds like the lower control arms might be different on the WRX vs. the Impreza Sport.

Best regards,

D C | Technical Support/Shop Foreman
Eibach Springs, Inc. | 264 Mariah Circle | Corona, CA 92879-1751
T +1 951-256-8300 x114 | F +1 951-256-8321
techsupport@eibach.com
eibach.com

So now I have a kit that was advertised to fit my car, but in all reality has never been tested/fitted for the 2015 Impreza 2.0 4 cylinder engine as stated, and an ARB that is beat up and not in returnable condition.... Just waiting to hear back from autoanything.
Old 01-28-2016, 12:40 PM   #6
miclements85
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2016 Impreza SL
Black

Edit: Looks like it is probably just a miscommunication on both my end and autoanything's end. I was told at the time of purchase that this kit would fit the 2015 Impreza Sport Limited, but there is obviously a difference in the description (Impreza Sport Limited is a 2.0i and the WRX comes with a 2.0L also a 2.5L). This is what happened. Looks like I'll see what they'll give me for a refund after the "restocking" fee. Dumb!! I researched twice, but looks like I'll be buying twice as well.