Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 6, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
South East Region Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Regional Areas > South East Region Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 05-04-2001, 04:40 PM   #1
jhuang76
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1284
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT
Royal Blue Pearl

Post Need better Corner Weight shop in ATLANTA

Okay, Performance Imports is just way to slow. After talking with Bob and him telling me that Thursday was "not busy," I dropped my car off for corner weight and alignment. Ends up being a TWO day deal!!! Dropped car off 11:30 on Thursday (a little late) so somewhat understandable that is wasn't finished at 5:30 (NOTE: 6 hours of time). So, I picked it up (only car - my friend could only get me this far north), and dropped it of on FRI, this time at 9:30am thinking it'll be done afernoon. WRONG - When I called at noon and BOB gave me an ETA of 5:00, I was ticked off AND I even said SCREW the cornerweight and just due a the stupid alignment. He said he'll get on it to get it done sooner.

WELL, I get a ride to Performance Import around 5:00 - car not finished. I FINALLY got it back at 5:30pm (8 hours). IT TOOK PEFORMANCE IMPORT 14 HOURS TO DO a corner weight and alignment - EVEN AFTER I MADE AN APPOINTMENT! Needless to say, I would never go there again (Jeff, you can tell them this sorry).

What really ticked me of was the fact I TOLD Gary I need to go somewhere BY 6:00pm (RacerWholesale closes at 6:00) to buy a helment (damn, I need to now RENT a helment tomorrow when I could've BOUGHT one today). Actually, it was around 5:47 when I finally paid and left. 13 minutes to Roswell (Alpharetta Hwy) from 285/Peachtree Indust during rush hour - NO WAY!!!

OK, enough of a RANT. So, for future purposes, does anybody know of a good corner weight place in Atlanta?

BTW, if you need a good alignment shop, go straight to Grand Turismo East (by the 285/Peachtree Industrial) OR Mahdavi Motorports (http://www.mahdavimotorsports.com/) and tell him Joe w/ Subaru Impreza sent ya. The owner is a cool guy and they can actually do an alignment in under 2 hours (call ahead to check that they aren't busy)!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
jhuang76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2001, 10:16 PM   #2
David S. Wallens
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 3492
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2000 Impreza wagon
Porsche 911, Miata, Mini

They're a little north or Atlanta, but OPM Motorsports in Cumming is very good at setting up race cars. Tom Fowler, the owner, knows his stuff (and is a nice guy, too). I believe their URL is http://www.opmmotorsports.com

David S. Wallens, managing ed
Grassroots Motorsports www.grassrootsmotorsports.com
David S. Wallens is offline   Reply With Quote