Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday May 24, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Car Part Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2011, 03:46 AM   #501
Jive Turkey
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (4)
 
Member#: 219492
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Soviet Russia
Vehicle:
'13 Hachi-Roku
Discontinued.

Default

just read the entire thread. i've been following you guys for a while on iwsti. i will be ordering this axleback rather soon for my sedan. i just bought my summer wheels so i need time to save up again

is there anyone close to central jersey that has this setup?

for the two people that were hating. please go away. 1) great you have a tbe and tune for 750, but IMO your single side exit looks like **** on the new sedan rear bumpers. 2) the other guy who talked about a full 3', please do some research then post.

Jason that dp design looks amazing, i especially love the video taken with your 'bro-phone'

sidenote here: on your website you have 4 tip options, are all of them 3.5'? i want the biggest things you got non-staggered
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:15 AM   #502
xluben
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (15)
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
10.3s @ 139mph

Default

Any more work on an axleback that matches up with the SPT hatch midpipe or has this project been axed?
Any reason you choose to keep all those bends in the midpipe, right before the axleback (instead of going straight back like the SPT and many others)?

I'd vote for one thread for all your info. Much easier to check for updates in one place instead of having to look at multiple threads.
xluben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:11 PM   #503
jtsimaras
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 97222
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: calgary
Default

Is the hatch version up for sale yet?
jtsimaras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:34 PM   #504
cheezmunky
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 167627
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Wichita, KS
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Ltd Hatch
DGM

Default

Well I got my hatch axle-back in today. Build quality is top notch as everyone else says and I would definitely recommend this exhaust. The fit is perfect and installation was simple, but took about 4 minor adjustments to get everything level and flush.

I took it for a spin and it sounds great. It's not much louder at idle than the stock exhaust was but it sounds a lot better (louder and less raspy) in the 1000-3000 rpm range. Above that it's louder than stock but not as noticeable.

As far as drone goes, at 30 mph, at 2k rpm in 3rd; 40 mph 2k rpm in 4th; and 50 mph, 2k rpm in 5th, you can hear the exhaust but it's not all that noticeable and has a really clean sound to it. At 60 mph you can barely hear it at all and by 70mph wind noise completely drowns it out. I think it's pretty much perfect for both driving around town and on long-distance trips. I'll update this after I've driven it a week or two if I change my mind.

Here are some pics I took, and I'm still working on editing a video









cheezmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:34 PM   #505
cheezmunky
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 167627
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Wichita, KS
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Ltd Hatch
DGM

Default

Stock:

Nameless:

Stock:

Nameless:
cheezmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:46 PM   #506
xabre1200
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (4)
 
Member#: 259591
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Francisco, California
Vehicle:
2011 WRX sedan
WR Blue

Default

Looks awesome!
xabre1200 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:56 PM   #507
Shecki
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 276755
Join Date: Mar 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: New Hampshire
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
DGM

Default

What adjustments did you make to get a good alignment?
Shecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:03 PM   #508
cheezmunky
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 167627
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Wichita, KS
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Ltd Hatch
DGM

Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shecki View Post
What adjustments did you make to get a good alignment?
just adjusting the hangers and bushings forward/back, left/right, up/down to have it sitting where I wanted it. It was really simple
cheezmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:31 PM   #509
k757
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (1)
 
Member#: 274785
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Danbury, CT
Vehicle:
2014 Ford Fiesta ST

Default

there seems to be a big difference between the hatch & sedan. My ear tells me that the sedan is louder (not that that means better)

cheezmunky,
can you post a video when not in the garage which will give a purer sound and not hearing the garage echo. thanks
k757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:15 PM   #510
NamelessPerformance
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 273281
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Woodland, WA
Vehicle:
2015 DGM WRX
05LGT 13BRZ 14BRZ

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
just read the entire thread. i've been following you guys for a while on iwsti. i will be ordering this axleback rather soon for my sedan. i just bought my summer wheels so i need time to save up again

is there anyone close to central jersey that has this setup?

for the two people that were hating. please go away. 1) great you have a tbe and tune for 750, but IMO your single side exit looks like **** on the new sedan rear bumpers. 2) the other guy who talked about a full 3', please do some research then post.

Jason that dp design looks amazing, i especially love the video taken with your 'bro-phone'

sidenote here: on your website you have 4 tip options, are all of them 3.5'? i want the biggest things you got non-staggered
I'll put the new non staggered 3.5" tips up right now. They're available to order now.

Jason
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Contact us at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In Portland, OR or Seattle, WA?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by NamelessPerformance; 03-25-2011 at 09:25 PM.
NamelessPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:19 PM   #511
cheezmunky
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 167627
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Wichita, KS
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Ltd Hatch
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k757 View Post
there seems to be a big difference between the hatch & sedan. My ear tells me that the sedan is louder (not that that means better)

cheezmunky,
can you post a video when not in the garage which will give a purer sound and not hearing the garage echo. thanks
yeah I'll try. I live in Kansas so it's hard to find a day when it's not windy
cheezmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:21 PM   #512
NamelessPerformance
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 273281
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Woodland, WA
Vehicle:
2015 DGM WRX
05LGT 13BRZ 14BRZ

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
Any more work on an axleback that matches up with the SPT hatch midpipe or has this project been axed?
Any reason you choose to keep all those bends in the midpipe, right before the axleback (instead of going straight back like the SPT and many others)?

I'd vote for one thread for all your info. Much easier to check for updates in one place instead of having to look at multiple threads.
We can still do a SPT routing version for the axleback. I have found 1-2 different customers who have that design on their STi's and WRX's to work with, just a matter of time.

One of our main goals was to keep everything as factory compatible as possible, which is the reason for going with a modular system like we used.

Jason
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Contact us at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In Portland, OR or Seattle, WA?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NamelessPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:27 AM   #513
NamelessPerformance
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 273281
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Woodland, WA
Vehicle:
2015 DGM WRX
05LGT 13BRZ 14BRZ

Default

Photos of the hatch midpipe prototype all welded out and ready to be installed on the car once we have the downpipe dialed in.



And one of the catback laid out under the car:



Of course the final unit will have almost no tangent to the bend welds...just the welds at the flanges, hanger and the flex coupler.

Enjoy.

Jason
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Contact us at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In Portland, OR or Seattle, WA?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NamelessPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:16 AM   #514
Techguy05
*** Banned ***
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 277368
Join Date: Mar 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Lakewood, Ca
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Sedan
Satin Pearl White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamelessPerformance
Photos of the hatch midpipe prototype all welded out and ready to be installed on the car once we have the downpipe dialed in.

And one of the catback laid out under the car:

Of course the final unit will have almost no tangent to the bend welds...just the welds at the flanges, hanger and the flex coupler.

Enjoy.

Jason
are you guys thinking about making a 2011 wrx sedan exhaust with the muffler in it from the hatch. I love the way the hatch sounds with your system and it its what I'm looking for on my sedan. If not do you think i could get your sedan setup and change out my resonator to a better one to eliminate the popping? You guys do great work, I look forward to purchasing from you in the future
Techguy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:38 AM   #515
NamelessPerformance
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 273281
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Woodland, WA
Vehicle:
2015 DGM WRX
05LGT 13BRZ 14BRZ

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techguy05 View Post
are you guys thinking about making a 2011 wrx sedan exhaust with the muffler in it from the hatch. I love the way the hatch sounds with your system and it its what I'm looking for on my sedan. If not do you think i could get your sedan setup and change out my resonator to a better one to eliminate the popping? You guys do great work, I look forward to purchasing from you in the future
I think the popping you were referring to was with the 3" straight non resonated midpipe. While our intention is to use a very similar midpipe to the one shown above, we will be utilizing an inline as well as a branched helmholtz resonator and doing some testing with anti-reversion cones at the Y-Pipe out back. But what you're describing is something we had discussed. The only barrier to using a system like that could be the depth of the area behind the valence, but it may be doable. Like I've said before, if it's something people want us to do (because these exhausts do sound different), we're always willing to give it a shot. The big question is one of capability to fit the muffler into the Sedan.

Our third option is to use a similar system to the one that we originally designed with a 3" in, dual 2.25" out muffler in the middle with a dual long tube rear design. This also helps against drone and reversion. Neither were present on our initial catback design.

Jason
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Contact us at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In Portland, OR or Seattle, WA?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NamelessPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:21 PM   #516
piecemealBHC
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (7)
 
Member#: 106248
Join Date: Jan 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: New Hampshire
Vehicle:
2015 WRX CWP
2000 RS 2.5

Default

Sorry to threadjack... just curious as to where things are at with the development of the light bar - and your PM box was full
piecemealBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:49 PM   #517
McKenzie83
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 207896
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: wherever uncle sam makes me!
Vehicle:
11 STi limited
Blue

Default

Nameless...

you guys need to make a 3" to 3.25" downpipe with a full straight pipep 3.25" CBE for me! I could go for dual tips on one side of the car but no split on my 2011 STi and I want no flex sections or resonators...just pipe.
McKenzie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:20 PM   #518
NamelessPerformance
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 273281
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Woodland, WA
Vehicle:
2015 DGM WRX
05LGT 13BRZ 14BRZ

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by piecemealBHC View Post
Sorry to threadjack... just curious as to where things are at with the development of the light bar - and your PM box was full
Working on it today. No worries about the threadjack. And my PM Box isn't full - I let the one on my old account fill up so that I didn't miss pm's. This is our new vendor account.

Talk to you soon.

Jason
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Contact us at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In Portland, OR or Seattle, WA?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NamelessPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:13 PM   #519
JimmyOOOOO
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 12647
Join Date: Nov 2001
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Syracuse NY
Vehicle:
2011 STi
Obsidian Black Swirl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenzie83 View Post
Nameless...

you guys need to make a 3" to 3.25" downpipe with a full straight pipep 3.25" CBE for me! I could go for dual tips on one side of the car but no split on my 2011 STi and I want no flex sections or resonators...just pipe.
All for under $750 right?
JimmyOOOOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:17 PM   #520
Techguy05
*** Banned ***
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 277368
Join Date: Mar 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Lakewood, Ca
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Sedan
Satin Pearl White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamelessPerformance

I think the popping you were referring to was with the 3" straight non resonated midpipe. While our intention is to use a very similar midpipe to the one shown above, we will be utilizing an inline as well as a branched helmholtz resonator and doing some testing with anti-reversion cones at the Y-Pipe out back. But what you're describing is something we had discussed. The only barrier to using a system like that could be the depth of the area behind the valence, but it may be doable. Like I've said before, if it's something people want us to do (because these exhausts do sound different), we're always willing to give it a shot. The big question is one of capability to fit the muffler into the Sedan.

Our third option is to use a similar system to the one that we originally designed with a 3" in, dual 2.25" out muffler in the middle with a dual long tube rear design. This also helps against drone and reversion. Neither were present on our initial catback design.

Jason
From what I understood the video on your youtube profile was just the stock setup with muffler delete. The sound i was referring to is between shifts and when the revs are coming down. It could be from not hearing it in person though. This will be my Dd car and will be using it on long trips. The sound I'm looking for is like the magnaflow exhaust. smooth and deep sound. Like your hatch design. But not at the $1000 cost on the MF. I will be trying mine with the y pipe off to get an idea of what yours sounds like in person. Any ideas of when those designs you were referring to could make it to the market?

http://www.magnaflow.com/04sound/04sport.asp
Techguy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:08 AM   #521
Vectors2Final
NASIOC Supporter
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 15553
Join Date: Feb 2002
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Austin, Texas
Vehicle:
'15 F80 M3 YMB/SS
No Driving in Korea...

Default

Well I finally got my videos posted. It sounds perfect to me, and I like it even though it's going to be temporary because I'm going to buy the mid-pipe when it's released. Yea sorry for the night vid, but I was bored and decided what the hell.

Vectors2Final is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:32 PM   #522
jtsimaras
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 97222
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: calgary
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectors2Final View Post
Well I finally got my videos posted. It sounds perfect to me, and I like it even though it's going to be temporary because I'm going to buy the mid-pipe when it's released. Yea sorry for the night vid, but I was bored and decided what the hell.

YouTube - 2011 WRX Stage 2 Catless, Nameless Axle Back With Resonator
Sounds good love the burble --pop
jtsimaras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:53 PM   #523
cheezmunky
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 167627
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Wichita, KS
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Ltd Hatch
DGM

Default

cheezmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:55 PM   #524
markbot
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (4)
 
Member#: 240552
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Somerville, MA
Vehicle:
2011 Subaru WRX
SWP

Default

^That sounds really good.

The whole thing seems incredibly stout.

More here.
http://s932.photobucket.com/albums/ad166/Mark_Zegarelli/exhaust/
Can't wait to install this weekend.
markbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:18 PM   #525
iamed
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (2)
 
Member#: 256611
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: VIC
Vehicle:
2011 STI Sedan
SWP

Default

just ordered for my 11 sti sedan!! cant wait
iamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2015, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.