Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday February 1, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Car Part Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2011, 05:06 PM   #651
mrkyle3
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (1)
 
Member#: 272675
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Hershey, PA
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
2004 Miata

Default

Just installed it on my hatch, I was surprised at how quiet it is.

It's not much louder than stock, but it has a much deeper/nicer rumble to it
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
mrkyle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:58 PM   #652
monster2011wrx
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 282202
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Princeton, WV
Vehicle:
2011 Wrx
satin pearl white

Default

i have a friend with the namesless exhaust...i love the way it sounds
monster2011wrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:46 PM   #653
Ruz4life
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)
 
Member#: 258261
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Maryland
Vehicle:
2011 WRX 5-door
Obsidian black pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkyle3 View Post
Just installed it on my hatch, I was surprised at how quiet it is.

It's not much louder than stock, but it has a much deeper/nicer rumble to it
This is why I am hesistant on buying the hatch version for 2011 wrx. I don't want to spend 500 bucks on an exhaust that isn't really much louder than stock. I would rather have the mufflerless version like the sedan has which I have heard is quite a bit louder.

Haven't seen any response from nameless on when that might be available for the hatch though?
Ruz4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:33 PM   #654
Shadowish
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 270713
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
2011 Sti
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruz4life

This is why I am hesistant on buying the hatch version for 2011 wrx. I don't want to spend 500 bucks on an exhaust that isn't really much louder than stock. I would rather have the mufflerless version like the sedan has which I have heard is quite a bit louder.

Haven't seen any response from nameless on when that might be available for the hatch though?
Read the previous page.
Shadowish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:52 PM   #655
rolling_death
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (11)
 
Member#: 235872
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
05 WRX
WRB

Default

Can anyone post up a video of a driveby/take off with the 5 door axleback? Youtube only has a few videos with some neutral revving.

The true testament to how an exhaust sounds is to hear it under load, a few revs to 3K in the driveway does nothing.
rolling_death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:51 PM   #656
Yuckfou
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (8)
 
Member#: 225513
Join Date: Oct 2009
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Portland
Vehicle:
2015 STI

Default

Yuckfou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:08 AM   #657
rolling_death
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (11)
 
Member#: 235872
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
05 WRX
WRB

Default

Is that the whole 3" turboback per the description? I take it that's your car? I just want to hear what the axleback itself will sound like, I imagine similar to the TBE, but much quieter.
rolling_death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:18 AM   #658
mrkyle3
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (1)
 
Member#: 272675
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Hershey, PA
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
2004 Miata

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolling_death View Post
That's the whole 3" turboback, I only want to hear what the axleback itself will sound like, I imagine similar to the TBE, but much quieter.
I got a video on my iphone outside my car standing in my driveway of my car pulling out and driving down the road non-aggressively, probably 3k rpms max. I was an idiot and turned the phone in the middle of the recording, sorry about that, but it's the sound that matters right?

Anyways as you can tell from the video it doesn't really do anything except give a very slight rumble and I can tell you that is not due to the microphone as I didn't hear much in person either.

Maybe the exhaust will get louder as the excess oil or whatever inside the muffler burns off (I've had it on for about 300 miles), but so far the only difference I've noticed is that when idling the car has a deeper rumble (not much louder than stock).

Also, I only have the axleback, no downpipe, midpipe, etc.

I will get a better video in the next day or so.

EDIT: Better video a few posts down

Last edited by mrkyle3; 05-10-2011 at 08:48 PM.
mrkyle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #659
YourFearlessLeader
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 273098
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Staten Island, NY
Vehicle:
2014 Impreza WRX Hat
Crystal Black Silica

Default

just ordered mine about an hour ago!!!! cant wait to install and then enjoy!!!
YourFearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:01 PM   #660
zoomzoom02
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 243057
Join Date: Apr 2010
Default

What is the word on the axleback for 08+ WRX hatch? I looked through the thread, but haven't seen anything
zoomzoom02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:47 PM   #661
Ruz4life
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)
 
Member#: 258261
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Maryland
Vehicle:
2011 WRX 5-door
Obsidian black pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkyle3 View Post
I got a video on my iphone outside my car standing in my driveway of my car pulling out and driving down the road non-aggressively, probably 3k rpms max. I was an idiot and turned the phone in the middle of the recording, sorry about that, but it's the sound that matters right?

Anyways as you can tell from the video it doesn't really do anything except give a very slight rumble and I can tell you that is not due to the microphone as I didn't hear much in person either.

Maybe the exhaust will get louder as the excess oil or whatever inside the muffler burns off (I've had it on for about 300 miles), but so far the only difference I've noticed is that when idling the car has a deeper rumble (not much louder than stock).

Also, I only have the axleback, no downpipe, midpipe, etc.

I will get a better video in the next day or so.

YouTube - Nameless axleback 5door
From that video, I could barely tell you have an aftermarket exhaust on there....

The video that yuckfou posted seems a bit louder and still not up to par with the videos we are hearing from the sedan owners.
Ruz4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:16 PM   #662
k757
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (1)
 
Member#: 274785
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Danbury, CT
Vehicle:
2014 Ford Fiesta ST

Default

2 month review (about 5k miles on them)
sedan owner here. Still love it. The only times I really hear it (to annoying levels) is when I have a headache and going uphill. Many non-auto enthusiasts tell me how loud it is. Fellow enthusiasts all say they really like it and when I tell them how much they cost, they are amazed and want their own set. I will say that the tips have been "charred" for over a month now, which is fine by me as I don't care for a shiny exhaust anyway. I will say that I haven't noticed any blackening on the valence (so that's good). I guess I could try to clean them, but eh?!?!, it's just an exhaust.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruz4life View Post
From that video, I could barely tell you have an aftermarket exhaust on there....

The video that yuckfou posted seems a bit louder and still not up to par with the videos we are hearing from the sedan owners.
sedan > hatch
k757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:44 PM   #663
mrkyle3
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (1)
 
Member#: 272675
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Hershey, PA
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
2004 Miata

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruz4life View Post
From that video, I could barely tell you have an aftermarket exhaust on there....

The video that yuckfou posted seems a bit louder and still not up to par with the videos we are hearing from the sedan owners.
That's because in the video yunkfou posted the car had a complete turboback exhaust (3" downpipe + 3" midpipe + axleback).

In my video the car has the stock downpipe, stock midpipe, and the nameless axleback.

And yes you are correct, you can barely tell it's aftermarket. I almost want to take it to get the muffler gutted or something .

I will make a better video where I'm standing closer to the road and am not a noob with the camera but nobody who can drive stick is around right now so I'll probably try and do it tomorrow.
mrkyle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:47 PM   #664
Ruz4life
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)
 
Member#: 258261
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Maryland
Vehicle:
2011 WRX 5-door
Obsidian black pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkyle3 View Post
That's because in the video yunkfou posted the car had a complete turboback exhaust (3" downpipe + 3" midpipe + axleback).

In my video the car has the stock downpipe, stock midpipe, and the nameless axleback.

And yes you are correct, you can barely tell it's aftermarket. I almost want to take it to get the muffler gutted or something .

I will make a better video where I'm standing closer to the road and am not a noob with the camera but nobody who can drive stick is around right now so I'll probably try and do it tomorrow.
Seems the hatch product isn't up to par with the sedan yet costs quite a bit more. I mean I assume you paid about 500 bucks including shipping to get just the axleback, and now you are thinking you are going to pay a muffler shop to alter the muffler? That iwll put you up to 600 - 700 bucks. You could get a full catback for 800 lol.
Ruz4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:50 PM   #665
mrkyle3
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (1)
 
Member#: 272675
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Hershey, PA
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
2004 Miata

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruz4life View Post
Seems the hatch product isn't up to par with the sedan yet costs quite a bit more. I mean I assume you paid about 500 bucks including shipping to get just the axleback, and now you are thinking you are going to pay a muffler shop to alter the muffler? That iwll put you up to 600 - 700 bucks. You could get a full catback for 800 lol.
You just brightened my day
mrkyle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:09 PM   #666
rolling_death
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (11)
 
Member#: 235872
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
05 WRX
WRB

Default

Jason did say they're developing a non-muffled setup for the hatch, using the sedan midpipe, I might just wait for that depending on how Keith's (K757) car sounds when I hear it in a few weeks.

I'm just a little too old to go the N1 route, the look and constant interior resonance gets old quick.
rolling_death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:37 PM   #667
mrkyle3
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (1)
 
Member#: 272675
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Hershey, PA
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
2004 Miata

Default

I just took a much better video, I'm deleting the old one because it sucks. You can hear it growl a bit in this video.

Also, I JUST uploaded the video so the quality might be bad if youtube is still processing it.

Here you go:
mrkyle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:06 PM   #668
rolling_death
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (11)
 
Member#: 235872
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
05 WRX
WRB

Default

I think it sounds great, nice deep rumble without being too loud. It's definitely noticeable compared to stock.
rolling_death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:12 PM   #669
mrkyle3
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (1)
 
Member#: 272675
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Hershey, PA
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
2004 Miata

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolling_death View Post
I think it sounds great, nice deep rumble without being too loud. It's definitely noticeable compared to stock.
It definitely sounds much nicer in that video. I think it is getting louder as I'm putting a few more miles on it (probably around 500 miles now), it's definitely starting to sound better.

I guess exhausts have a little bit of a breakin period or am I imagining things?
mrkyle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:51 PM   #670
rolling_death
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (11)
 
Member#: 235872
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
05 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkyle3 View Post
It definitely sounds much nicer in that video. I think it is getting louder as I'm putting a few more miles on it (probably around 500 miles now), it's definitely starting to sound better.

I guess exhausts have a little bit of a breakin period or am I imagining things?
Yes, they do for the most part, they'll usually get slightly louder / deeper.

Even the stocker on mine got a bit more mellow after 5-600 miles.
rolling_death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:45 AM   #671
horrorbiz
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (11)
 
Member#: 77290
Join Date: Dec 2004
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Oxford, MA
Vehicle:
13 SSM BRZ
06 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkyle3 View Post
I just took a much better video, I'm deleting the old one because it sucks. You can hear it growl a bit in this video.
Thanks for posting this. You just sold me on this axleback—it's exactly what I want.
horrorbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:20 PM   #672
20pvwrx11
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 271144
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Golden, Co
Vehicle:
2011 Wrx
Satin White Pearl

Default

Can you hear it on the cabin when you go wot or even like that drive way pull? I like to hear my exhaust and I just don't get that in the stock.
20pvwrx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:34 PM   #673
k757
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (1)
 
Member#: 274785
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Danbury, CT
Vehicle:
2014 Ford Fiesta ST

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20pvwrx11 View Post
Can you hear it on the cabin when you go wot or even like that drive way pull? I like to hear my exhaust and I just don't get that in the stock.
(if a sedan) no worries there my friend.
k757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:56 PM   #674
mrkyle3
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (1)
 
Member#: 272675
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Hershey, PA
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
2004 Miata

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20pvwrx11
Can you hear it on the cabin when you go wot or even like that drive way pull? I like to hear my exhaust and I just don't get that in the stock.
Honestly you can barely hear it when you're driving. You can hear the rumble a bit if the windows are up and if the windows are down then the wind is pretty much always louder than the exhaust. It drones a tiny bit on the highway and you can hear the rumble when you are accelerating very slowly. When you accelerate WOT the engine noise drowns out the exhaust.

I changed my opinion of the exhaust now that the muffler has broken in a bit. It sounds really nice and is not overly loud at all.

Last edited by mrkyle3; 05-11-2011 at 07:19 PM.
mrkyle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:39 AM   #675
20pvwrx11
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 271144
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Golden, Co
Vehicle:
2011 Wrx
Satin White Pearl

Default

Thank you. I'll look for something a little louder.
20pvwrx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.