Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday July 14, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2011, 05:47 PM   #4801
bg18947
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 300604
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Northern NJ
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Spt Ltd
2008 Infiniti G35xS

Default

I ordered the Sport Limited and was wondering if anyone knew which Yakima towers will work with the standard roof rails? I'm trying to avoid a whole new system if possible. I have the old round bars, and the many attachments. I don't mind switching to aero bars as long as I can get mounts to hook up to the older equipment. I think the Railgrab towers (re-using the old round bar) should work, but I was wondering if anyone else knew for sure. I thnk the roof rail looks very similar (if not identical) to the one on the Outback, and Yakima Fit Guide said to use Railgrab for the Outback. Is Yakima still the OEM for most of the Subaru bars (not counting the aero crossbars)?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
bg18947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:59 PM   #4802
bg18947
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 300604
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Northern NJ
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Spt Ltd
2008 Infiniti G35xS

Default

How does a newbie delete a duplicate posting? Sorry, Folks!
bg18947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:29 PM   #4803
danoski
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 297985
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Vehicle:
2012 5dr 5sp premium
Sky Blue Metallic

Default

I'm not sure if you can. But you can edit the post, delete the content and write "edited:deleted duplicate post". When you edit there's a spot under advanced editing called reason for editing that you can use.
danoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:00 PM   #4804
flyer456
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 302574
Join Date: Nov 2011
Default

Ordered in Calgary from 'in-transit' stock about two weeks ago.

First told possible delivery 12th December. Then just before I signed, told that although the car had landed in Vancouver it was stuck in a lot behind 15'000 other japenese cars and that they wouldn't get through the backlog until after the xmas period.

Truth or dealer bull**** I have no idea but there you go.

Looking at early January delivery now
flyer456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:35 PM   #4805
chemkat
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 302578
Join Date: Nov 2011
Vehicle:
2000 Outback Sport
Green

Default

Hi. I just registered so that I can share the following information.

I ordered my Premium Impreza, 5 door, manual, moonroof, all-weather option on September 15th. I have received all of the emails that have been discussed here. My orginal arrival email from Subaru said the car would be here (Bay Area) on the 28th. My dealer said the 23rd and then I got the delay email.

Today I received an email from my dealer saying that the estimated arrival date in the system is 12/6. It's not what I hoped for as my 2000 Impreza with 235K miles is really starting to go down hill but at least it's a date to look forward to.

So there's that. Good luck to those who are also waiting.
chemkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:38 PM   #4806
79letour
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 302570
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: dear old dixie
Vehicle:
2013 XV
DGM!

Default

I just ordered a marine blue hatchback premium with a 5-speed on sunday. I was told the wait would be 6-8 weeks. It will be the first new car I've ever bought. Im not going to worry too much about the waiting. In the meantime, I'm fixing my GMC1500. It has a habit of breaking down.
79letour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:54 PM   #4807
mdz21
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 302120
Join Date: Nov 2011
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza
Dark Grey Metallic

Default



Yes. It is mine. (See the SOLD on the windshield?)

This is a Premium CVT Dark Grey Metallic, package 02 (All-Weather)

(Keep in mind my old car is a 98 Camry.)

I got to test drive it a few hours ago, and boy was the leap of faith worth it. It feels SO solid on the road. Acceleration is more than adequate, ESPECIALLY if you put it into manual mode. If you're passing someone on a rural road, definitely use the paddle shifters if you get the CVT. And if you think the car's underpowered... get a WRX. But for most people the power will be more than adequate.

The car looks a lot prettier in person than in pictures. Quality of the interior is TOP NOTCH for a car at this price. Rear leg room is impressive. I am usually cramped into the backseats of most cars and I was VERY comfortable in these back seats.

Unfortunately, my accessories will not come in with the car (fog lights and ski rack). Subby decided to prioritize getting the cars out over getting the accessories out (makes sense). Other than that, this was a big leap of faith for me and I am VERY happy I made the leap. I hope to enjoy this car for a very long time.

I'll be on most of the night to answer questions. I'm sure I'll get a lot of them.
mdz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:59 PM   #4808
RS_man
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 296282
Join Date: Sep 2011
Default

@ mdz21:
Was there anything about the car that caught you off-guard? along the lines of expectations regarding the handling or power? have you test driven any cars recently that you can compare to?

Did the dealer perform the maintenance on the brakes?
RS_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:02 PM   #4809
mdz21
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 302120
Join Date: Nov 2011
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza
Dark Grey Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_man View Post
@ mdz21:
Was there anything about the car that caught you off-guard? along the lines of expectations regarding the handling or power? have you test driven any cars recently that you can compare to?

Did the dealer perform the maintenance on the brakes?
Master cylinder was replaced, yes.

I test drove a Legacy back in August to make a comparison. CVT power is MUCH more responsive in the Impreza than the Legacy (2.5 L). Handling was pretty much the same, maybe a little bit better.

Pretty much exactly as I expected.
mdz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:03 PM   #4810
chemkat
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 302578
Join Date: Nov 2011
Vehicle:
2000 Outback Sport
Green

Default

Look at how pretty it is. Did you just test drive or are you driving around in it right now?

Do you have an ETA on the fog lights? I wonder if mine will be on the car next week or if I have to wait for them. I hope not.
chemkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:06 PM   #4811
53x12
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 206332
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In a tent
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdz21 View Post
Yes. It is mine. (See the SOLD on the windshield?)

This is a Premium CVT Dark Grey Metallic, package 02 (All-Weather)

(Keep in mind my old car is a 98 Camry.)

I got to test drive it a few hours ago, and boy was the leap of faith worth it. It feels SO solid on the road. Acceleration is more than adequate, ESPECIALLY if you put it into manual mode. If you're passing someone on a rural road, definitely use the paddle shifters if you get the CVT. And if you think the car's underpowered... get a WRX. But for most people the power will be more than adequate.

The car looks a lot prettier in person than in pictures. Quality of the interior is TOP NOTCH for a car at this price. Rear leg room is impressive. I am usually cramped into the backseats of most cars and I was VERY comfortable in these back seats.

Unfortunately, my accessories will not come in with the car (fog lights and ski rack). Subby decided to prioritize getting the cars out over getting the accessories out (makes sense). Other than that, this was a big leap of faith for me and I am VERY happy I made the leap. I hope to enjoy this car for a very long time.

I'll be on most of the night to answer questions. I'm sure I'll get a lot of them.

Congrats!! I want my car! 3 months waiting has been too long!
53x12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:07 PM   #4812
ALafya
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 293105
Join Date: Aug 2011
Default

Hi chemkat, Which dealer did you use?
ALafya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:08 PM   #4813
53x12
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 206332
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In a tent
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Omaha View Post
Just got a phone call and my Black/Dark Gray Sport Limited with tons of accessories is scheduled to be delivered to the Dealer on 12/19. They; however, will need to replace the Master Cylinder and the tires (my request for Conti DWS) and then install the Sub-Woofer. Things are looking up.

G-
G, I want to do the same. I have Conti DWS on my current FWD car and love them. I would like to get these on our Impreza. Just not sure how to approach this with the dealer and make a fair deal. Don't want to just give the stock tires away for free.
53x12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:11 PM   #4814
mike2012
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 297112
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdz21 View Post
Master cylinder was replaced, yes.

I test drove a Legacy back in August to make a comparison. CVT power is MUCH more responsive in the Impreza than the Legacy (2.5 L). Handling was pretty much the same, maybe a little bit better.

Pretty much exactly as I expected.
Congratulations! I gather it's the hatchback model. So, is it as quiet as the Legacy(wind, road, CVT noises)?
mike2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:11 PM   #4815
mdz21
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 302120
Join Date: Nov 2011
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza
Dark Grey Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemkat View Post
Look at how pretty it is. Did you just test drive or are you driving around in it right now?

Do you have an ETA on the fog lights? I wonder if mine will be on the car next week or if I have to wait for them. I hope not.
I officially pick the car up on Saturday. The trade-in is technically my parents' car and they have to make the trip to sign off the title. I'll be driving it around after Saturday.

Mike, yes it's a hatch. It's pretty similar to the Legacy in respect to road and engine noise.
mdz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:14 PM   #4816
chemkat
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 302578
Join Date: Nov 2011
Vehicle:
2000 Outback Sport
Green

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALafya View Post
Hi chemkat, Which dealer did you use?
Stevens Creek in San Jose. I live all the way up in Petaluma but their online sales guy was the most responsive. He also gave me a sweet deal.

I've been waiting for my car since the current one got hit in June.
chemkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:41 PM   #4817
Steve Gray
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 302593
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicagoland - Niles, IL
Vehicle:
2012 PremiumHatchCVT
Gray

Default Congratulations mdz21!

We have the same trim and color, but I ordered mine without any packages, just fog lights, the auto dimming rear-view mirror and all-weather mats. Please post more pics one you get a chance! I'm so happy for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdz21 View Post


Yes. It is mine. (See the SOLD on the windshield?)

This is a Premium CVT Dark Grey Metallic, package 02 (All-Weather)

(Keep in mind my old car is a 98 Camry.)

I got to test drive it a few hours ago, and boy was the leap of faith worth it. It feels SO solid on the road. Acceleration is more than adequate, ESPECIALLY if you put it into manual mode. If you're passing someone on a rural road, definitely use the paddle shifters if you get the CVT. And if you think the car's underpowered... get a WRX. But for most people the power will be more than adequate.

The car looks a lot prettier in person than in pictures. Quality of the interior is TOP NOTCH for a car at this price. Rear leg room is impressive. I am usually cramped into the backseats of most cars and I was VERY comfortable in these back seats.

Unfortunately, my accessories will not come in with the car (fog lights and ski rack). Subby decided to prioritize getting the cars out over getting the accessories out (makes sense). Other than that, this was a big leap of faith for me and I am VERY happy I made the leap. I hope to enjoy this car for a very long time.

I'll be on most of the night to answer questions. I'm sure I'll get a lot of them.
Steve Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:53 PM   #4818
mdz21
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 302120
Join Date: Nov 2011
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza
Dark Grey Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Gray View Post
We have the same trim and color, but I ordered mine without any packages, just fog lights, the auto dimming rear-view mirror and all-weather mats. Please post more pics one you get a chance! I'm so happy for you!
I have a pic of the interior, but it's a little too dark to be of any use. I'll def get more pictures on Saturday when I pick the car up.
mdz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:56 PM   #4819
mendotahills
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 301898
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Minnesota
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza sedan
Camellia red pearl

Default Happy to wait

We ordered a Limited Cambria red sedan w/o the nav and roof on 10/31 to get the $500 "bonus". We have not received any emails from SOA yet. I did just check our dealers website and see they have four shown as in transit - it does not give any indication if they are sold. They are three standards and one loaded Premium. The dealer is: Brooklyn Park Subaru 7875 Brooklyn Blvd, Brooklyn Park, MN 55445. We did test drive a SOA demo befrore we ordered and are very excited about this car. The CVT is very strange from what we are used to, but seemd fine to drive and very responsive. We will not be racing or "sliding" - we really just need to get up a North facing, block and a half long uphill driveway during the looooong Minnesota winters.
mendotahills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:04 PM   #4820
mdz21
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 302120
Join Date: Nov 2011
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza
Dark Grey Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendotahills View Post
We ordered a Limited Cambria red sedan w/o the nav and roof on 10/31 to get the $500 "bonus". We have not received any emails from SOA yet. I did just check our dealers website and see they have four shown as in transit - it does not give any indication if they are sold. They are three standards and one loaded Premium. The dealer is: Brooklyn Park Subaru 7875 Brooklyn Blvd, Brooklyn Park, MN 55445. We did test drive a SOA demo befrore we ordered and are very excited about this car. The CVT is very strange from what we are used to, but seemd fine to drive and very responsive. We will not be racing or "sliding" - we really just need to get up a North facing, block and a half long uphill driveway during the looooong Minnesota winters.
CVT's do take some getting used to. Admittedly I've driven a Nissan Murano numerous times so I am used to them. I definitely prefer them over standard automatic transmissions.
mdz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:10 PM   #4821
staryoshi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 299690
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Colorado
Vehicle:
2014 Subaru Forester
Jasmine Green Metallic

Default

I tried the new Outback and Legacy and felt the drive with the CVT was pretty bland... I'm hoping that the new Impreza will be a bit perkier. Also, I wish that they had a test model here to drive, the wait is holding up my car search :P
staryoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:17 PM   #4822
mdz21
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 302120
Join Date: Nov 2011
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza
Dark Grey Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by staryoshi View Post
I tried the new Outback and Legacy and felt the drive with the CVT was pretty bland... I'm hoping that the new Impreza will be a bit perkier. Also, I wish that they had a test model here to drive, the wait is holding up my car search :P
It absolutely is perkier than the Legacy, which pleasantly surprised me.
mdz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:17 PM   #4823
artemuss
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 302597
Join Date: Nov 2011
Default Newby

New to the site and want to thank everyone for the useful info on the delay. Congrats, at least one person has their vehicle. Mine was scheduled for Nov 28th (and still is). The dealer says they have a master cylinder with my name on it, so it should be ready for me the day it comes in. Good luck to all.
artemuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:18 PM   #4824
staryoshi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 299690
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Colorado
Vehicle:
2014 Subaru Forester
Jasmine Green Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdz21 View Post
It absolutely is perkier than the Legacy, which pleasantly surprised me.
That's good to hear (Or read, rather) I have a Sport Limited pre-ordered It's hard to fight off temptation when I can't touch, see, or drive one in person. I could end up with a loaded Mazda3 SkyActiv or something at this rate :P (I drove one today and was impressed)

Last edited by staryoshi; 11-30-2011 at 10:31 PM.
staryoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:48 PM   #4825
Sidewindor
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 166609
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Illinois
Vehicle:
2013 Outback
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by staryoshi View Post
That's good to hear (Or read, rather) I have a Sport Limited pre-ordered It's hard to fight off temptation when I can't touch, see, or drive one in person. I could end up with a loaded Mazda3 SkyActiv or something at this rate :P (I drove one today and was impressed)
I just helped my lady close the deal on her new Skyactiv 3. She went from a TDi Jetta into one, and she is very happy. It's a nice looking car, and the mileage is right....but I think it lacks that "zoom" that Mazda advertises. It's also missing the AWD that I demand in my vehicles....but for her, she likes it and it does what she needs it to do.
Sidewindor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2012 Impreza STI concept art khaki_man Member's Car Gallery 37 03-15-2011 02:02 AM
Newsflash: 2012 Impreza looks like BigElm's Butt WagonMonster Off-Topic 4 02-28-2011 07:11 PM
2012 Impreza Concept Zakster87 General Community 14 11-17-2010 04:09 PM
Possibly looking into a 2011 or 2012 Impreza? xenonk Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC 1 08-05-2010 09:48 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.