Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday August 30, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #9126
bg18947
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 300604
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Northern NJ
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Spt Ltd
2008 Infiniti G35xS

Default

Yeah, I'm waiting for the Weathertech thermoplastic liners as well. I just bought the cheap mats from Costco for now and slashed them down to size and poked holes for the mat hooks. I think these cheap mats provide better coverage than the Subaru and are of the same quality.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
bg18947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #9127
hindukid
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 308480
Join Date: Jan 2012
Default Stock Sport Tires

I was wondering how people's experience has been with the Yoko S34D stock tires on the sport models. The tirerack reviews are so bad I am considering just scrapping the tires starting from scratch.
hindukid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:52 PM   #9128
Zeeper
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 299286
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Upstate NY
Vehicle:
2015 WRX CVT
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindukid
I was wondering how people's experience has been with the Yoko S34D stock tires on the sport models. The tirerack reviews are so bad I am considering just scrapping the tires starting from scratch.
I have been driving on them and they are fine and even good in the snow. If you have money to blow buy snow tires and upgrade these later IMHO.
Zeeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:57 PM   #9129
PAO56
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 304676
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Ltd 5DR
Deep Cherry Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindukid View Post
I was wondering how people's experience has been with the Yoko S34D stock tires on the sport models. The tirerack reviews are so bad I am considering just scrapping the tires starting from scratch.
you will see various opinions about the OEM tires...most having to do with driving in snow.....as opposed to having snow tires....they arent comparable...if you havent ever used snow tires....they appear to be adequate......most if not all the TR reviews are from Mazda 3 owners.... I havent had any problems with them.....if you have the extra $$ and want different tires.....its a personal choice...

as for the difference between sport versus the non sport HB and these tires......I'm not sure there is a difference IMHO.....

a little different subject....except for the two tone color option, std roof rack and different rims.....is there any difference between the sport version and the non sport version?.....the technical specs as far as I can tell are exactly the same...
PAO56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:05 PM   #9130
bg18947
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 300604
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Northern NJ
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Spt Ltd
2008 Infiniti G35xS

Default

bg18947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:25 PM   #9131
MINIz guy
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 305218
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Default

Finally have my 5-speed back. No more droning noise after a transmission replacement! They spent a lot of time with my car; I even found bread crumbs and a napkin on top of the engine when I brought it home and opened it.

I've noticed that it is much harder to drive this smoothly compared to a Fiat 500. Oh well, gives me more to work for so I can drive other cars even smoother! Gotta get out of the break-in period too.
MINIz guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:28 PM   #9132
fbrissette
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 301047
Join Date: Nov 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RxMPLS View Post
If it makes you feel better, in the 122k (10 years) I drove my last Subaru with daytime running lights, only one lightbulb needed replacing, and it wasn't a daytime running light.
I am a 47 years old canadian, and I have had 4 cars that I have driven to about 100 000miles and never had to change a daytime running light.

Francois
fbrissette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:40 PM   #9133
53x12
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 206332
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In a tent
Default

How hard do you guys think it would be to self install the sport mesh grill?
53x12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:42 PM   #9134
HinGurl
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 293678
Join Date: Sep 2011
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
5 Door Limited. Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53x12 View Post
How hard do you guys think it would be to self install the sport mesh grill?
Here are the installation directions
http://techinfo.subaru.com/proxy/661...010fj000xx.PDF
HinGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #9135
G-Omaha
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 209172
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Omaha, NE
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza CLL
BL2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindukid View Post
Just thought I would provide a pricing update in case you are considering buying. Searched for Impreza by emailing all dealers in Chicagoland. Most were around invoice to $300 under invoice. One was at $600 under invoice and the one I bought from was at $1000 under invoice.

I emailed a couple dealers in Milwaukee and Indianapolis but they were significantly less competitive.
Which model, with what options, accessories, and what was the actual price (without taxes and fees) you paid for it? Please, if you don't mind.. Are you meaning MSRP and calling it Invoice? They are two different "price points".

Last edited by G-Omaha; 01-30-2012 at 05:52 PM.
G-Omaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:00 PM   #9136
53x12
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 206332
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In a tent
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinGurl View Post
Here are the installation directions
http://techinfo.subaru.com/proxy/661...010fj000xx.PDF

Thanks. I looked over that schematic several weeks back but still wish there was more detail/written info. It is lacking on that end. Just curious if anyone did it themselves.
53x12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:07 PM   #9137
hindukid
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 308480
Join Date: Jan 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Omaha View Post
Which model, with what options, accessories, and what was the actual price (without taxes and fees) you paid for it? Please, if you don't mind.. Are you meaning MSRP and calling it Invoice? They are two different "price points".
No I am not confusing MSRP and invoice. Limited Sport with remote start. MSRP was 24,861. Invoice was about 23,300 and price paid was $22,295.
hindukid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:11 PM   #9138
79letour
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 302570
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: dear old dixie
Vehicle:
2013 XV
DGM!

Default

I think that one of the factors in the long warmup times is the fact that the engine holds 5.3 quarts of oil. And I agree- the short trips are what kill the mpg's.
79letour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #9139
hindukid
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 308480
Join Date: Jan 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAO56 View Post
you will see various opinions about the OEM tires...most having to do with driving in snow.....as opposed to having snow tires....they arent comparable...if you havent ever used snow tires....they appear to be adequate......most if not all the TR reviews are from Mazda 3 owners.... I havent had any problems with them.....if you have the extra $$ and want different tires.....its a personal choice...

as for the difference between sport versus the non sport HB and these tires......I'm not sure there is a difference IMHO.....

a little different subject....except for the two tone color option, std roof rack and different rims.....is there any difference between the sport version and the non sport version?.....the technical specs as far as I can tell are exactly the same...
Thanks for the informed opinion. I guess I can give them a try. I was asking mostly because I have a set of Continental DWS that are almost brand new. They were taken off my previous car in December for the winter and that just got totaled.

They are 215/50/17 so a very close match and from what I read my spedometer should be of off by 1mph. I have those tires up on craigslist and Ebay, but was thinking of putting them on my car and selling the stock Yokos.
hindukid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:35 PM   #9140
G-Omaha
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 209172
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Omaha, NE
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza CLL
BL2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindukid View Post
No I am not confusing MSRP and invoice. Limited Sport with remote start. MSRP was 24,861. Invoice was about 23,300 and price paid was $22,295.
Those MSRP/Invoice prices, including the remote start is much higher where you live than where I do - by about $1,051/MSRP and $778/Invoice. The price you paid is actually $227 lower than Invoice (~1%) in my area - not bad; however, not the $1,000 difference stated.
G-Omaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:42 PM   #9141
G-Omaha
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 209172
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Omaha, NE
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza CLL
BL2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindukid View Post
Thanks for the informed opinion. I guess I can give them a try. I was asking mostly because I have a set of Continental DWS that are almost brand new. They were taken off my previous car in December for the winter and that just got totaled.

They are 215/50/17 so a very close match and from what I read my spedometer should be of off by 1mph. I have those tires up on craigslist and Ebay, but was thinking of putting them on my car and selling the stock Yokos.
I also have a Sport Limited and swapped out the stock Yokos with the DWS at 317 miles. Waited until the Upgraded speakers and Sub-woofer were at the dealership. I simply gave the Yoko's to the salesperson (good friend - driver over 80 miles daily) as the dealer discounted the DWS tires, mounting, and balancing by $240.
G-Omaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:43 PM   #9142
hindukid
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 308480
Join Date: Jan 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Omaha View Post
Those MSRP/Invoice prices, including the remote start is much higher where you live than where I do - by about $1,051/MSRP and $778/Invoice. The price you paid is actually $227 lower than Invoice (~1%) in my area - not bad; however, not the $1,000 difference stated.
MSRP and invoice don't really change by area. I didn't mention some things such as cargo tray, auto dimming mirror with homelink, side moldings etc. The same car will have the same MSRP anywhere. This car is also a PZEV model which is $300 higher.
hindukid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #9143
53x12
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 206332
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In a tent
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindukid View Post
No I am not confusing MSRP and invoice. Limited Sport with remote start. MSRP was 24,861. Invoice was about 23,300 and price paid was $22,295.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Omaha View Post
Those MSRP/Invoice prices, including the remote start is much higher where you live than where I do - by about $1,051/MSRP and $778/Invoice. The price you paid is actually $227 lower than Invoice (~1%) in my area - not bad; however, not the $1,000 difference stated.
Agreed not the $1000 below invoice that OP is stating. Invoice of Sport Limited with remote start is $22,473. MSRP is $23,745. Looks like he saved around $200 off invoice. Not $1000.
53x12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:53 PM   #9144
G-Omaha
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 209172
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Omaha, NE
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza CLL
BL2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindukid View Post
MSRP and invoice don't really change by area. I didn't mention some things such as cargo tray, auto dimming mirror with homelink, side moldings etc. The same car will have the same MSRP anywhere. This car is also a PZEV model which is $300 higher.
That considered you probably bought the car at ~2% below invoice or some where between $500/$550.

On the tires the 205 are 818 Rev Per Miles and the 215 are 825 Rev Per Mile. Difference between the two will indicate the deviation on the Speedo and Odo.

G-

EDIT: Subaru North East (SNE) has different MSRP/Invoice prices than Subaru of America (SOA). Their accessory prices and availability are also different.

Last edited by G-Omaha; 01-30-2012 at 07:00 PM. Reason: 825 -not- 824
G-Omaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:06 PM   #9145
somebody else
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 21618
Join Date: Jul 2002
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: southern California
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79letour View Post
Just do a google search on bicycle sizing. Unless your really tall or short, you'll be abke to find a comfortable frame size.
Without reading ahead to see other possible replies I have to comment here:

I am very familiar with bicycles and the bicycle industry. One thing that everyone knows who has spent any time with different brands of bicycles is that there is no consistency in frame sizing. The actual dimension that manufacturers cite as "frame size" ranges between measurement points and there is no standardization. A 19" frame from one manufacturer might fit perfectly where the 19" frame from a different manufacturer might leave your knees over-extended. Having a proper fitting frame is crucial for getting the most out of you bike in comfort and performance.

This is why all quality manufacturers emphasize going in to a shop and "trying on" the various bikes to find the best fit.

Since the Subaru offer is going around the normal retail channels I felt slightly guilty going into my local bike shop and using the salesman's time and knowledge when I know I am not going to buy the bike from him. I like to support local businesses and this is NOT the way to do it. Of course, I'll buy other products from them as time passes so it's not a horrible horrible thing to "use" the store like that.

I was wondering if others had a more polite solution.
somebody else is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #9146
G-Omaha
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 209172
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Omaha, NE
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza CLL
BL2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebody else View Post
Without reading ahead to see other possible replies I have to comment here:

I am very familiar with bicycles and the bicycle industry. One thing that everyone knows who has spent any time with different brands of bicycles is that there is no consistency in frame sizing. The actual dimension that manufacturers cite as "frame size" ranges between measurement points and there is no standardization. A 19" frame from one manufacturer might fit perfectly where the 19" frame from a different manufacturer might leave your knees over-extended. Having a proper fitting frame is crucial for getting the most out of you bike in comfort and performance.

This is why all quality manufacturers emphasize going in to a shop and "trying on" the various bikes to find the best fit.

Since the Subaru offer is going around the normal retail channels I felt slightly guilty going into my local bike shop and using the salesman's time and knowledge when I know I am not going to buy the bike from him. I like to support local businesses and this is NOT the way to do it. Of course, I'll buy other products from them as time passes so it's not a horrible horrible thing to "use" the store like that.

I was wondering if others had a more polite solution.
Buy the rep lunch for their effort or bring in some pastries the next morning.
G-Omaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:33 PM   #9147
hindukid
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 308480
Join Date: Jan 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53x12 View Post
Agreed not the $1000 below invoice that OP is stating. Invoice of Sport Limited with remote start is $22,473. MSRP is $23,745. Looks like he saved around $200 off invoice. Not $1000.
I mentioned remote start but that was not the only option. Just the major one. All the little accessories add up though. Pluz PZEV cars are an additional $300.

Per Edmunds, a car equipped exactly as mine is 24,767 MSRP and 23,213 Invoice. My window sticker has slightly different prices on the accessories as Edmunds but everything else is identical.
hindukid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:45 PM   #9148
ST Eye
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73068
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: MD
Vehicle:
2008 STI Boost Wagon
2014 Honda Accord Hybrid

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindukid View Post
Just thought I would provide a pricing update in case you are considering buying. Searched for Impreza by emailing all dealers in Chicagoland. Most were around invoice to $300 under invoice. One was at $600 under invoice and the one I bought from was at $1000 under invoice.

I emailed a couple dealers in Milwaukee and Indianapolis but they were significantly less competitive.
Under invoice or MSRP??

*EDIT* Nevermind, I see this was already covered.

Last edited by ST Eye; 01-30-2012 at 07:59 PM.
ST Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:50 PM   #9149
ST Eye
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73068
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: MD
Vehicle:
2008 STI Boost Wagon
2014 Honda Accord Hybrid

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINIz guy View Post
Finally have my 5-speed back. No more droning noise after a transmission replacement! They spent a lot of time with my car; I even found bread crumbs and a napkin on top of the engine when I brought it home and opened it.

I've noticed that it is much harder to drive this smoothly compared to a Fiat 500. Oh well, gives me more to work for so I can drive other cars even smoother! Gotta get out of the break-in period too.
Yep, I just spoke with my friend and he said that they didn't want to turn the car over to you because they couldn't be certain the noise was gone since it was raining so hard. Kudos to Paul Miller Subaru.

I'm glad things worked out with you and you are happy with the result, I'm still waiting on mine.
ST Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:51 PM   #9150
G-Omaha
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 209172
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Omaha, NE
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza CLL
BL2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindukid View Post
I mentioned remote start but that was not the only option. Just the major one. All the little accessories add up though. Pluz PZEV cars are an additional $300.

Per Edmunds, a car equipped exactly as mine is 24,767 MSRP and 23,213 Invoice. My window sticker has slightly different prices on the accessories as Edmunds but everything else is identical.
My concern was the $1000 below invoice. What that means is that the dealer is going to make very little profit on the sale and that is simply illogical. What kind of "documentation/dealer prep/other" fees did the dealer charge you? I ask, because it could be the "silent" profit that they need to make on the sale. Best deal that I have seen was less than 4% below invoice and that was when the dealer knew that the sale would result in a quarterly/yearly bonus (not much, but something).

Enjoy your sport - I like mine a lot, much better than the '08 OBS that I traded in.

G-
G-Omaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2012 Impreza STI concept art khaki_man Member's Car Gallery 37 03-15-2011 02:02 AM
Newsflash: 2012 Impreza looks like BigElm's Butt WagonMonster Off-Topic 4 02-28-2011 07:11 PM
2012 Impreza Concept Zakster87 General Community 14 11-17-2010 04:09 PM
Possibly looking into a 2011 or 2012 Impreza? xenonk Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC 1 08-05-2010 09:48 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2015, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.