Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday September 17, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2012, 04:30 AM   #12176
aznboi320
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 104212
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bay Area, CA
Vehicle:
2006 STi SGM
2012 Impreza Sport Lt MBP

Default

finally after hitting 4k miles i'm getting over 30+ mpg on the dash but when i calculate it from a fill up i'm only getting 28mpg. better than my sti
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
aznboi320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:57 AM   #12177
Angelus911
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 89967
Join Date: Jun 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: MA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
DGM

Default

Well I have to say that after getting my new '12 Sport Premium yesterday, it is leaps and bounds better than my '00 Impreza that it replaces. Ride quality is awesome, I can actually talk on the phone now and actually head the person on the other line. I haven't had much time with the car yet, but it looks great and drives great as well. I'm very happy with my purchase thus far!
Angelus911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:01 AM   #12178
tomwi53092
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 316315
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Mequon, WI
Vehicle:
2012 Imp HB/Prem/CVT
DCP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus911 View Post
Well I have to say that after getting my new '12 Sport Premium yesterday, it is leaps and bounds better than my '00 Impreza that it replaces. Ride quality is awesome, I can actually talk on the phone now and actually head the person on the other line. I haven't had much time with the car yet, but it looks great and drives great as well. I'm very happy with my purchase thus far!
Agreed. My Premium/CVT is better in every way than my '94 Geo Prizm, which was a nice, reliable econobox. And yes, MUCH quieter, especially at higher revs. The Prizm's 1.8L Toyota engine was LOUD at 4K on the tach.
tomwi53092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:34 PM   #12179
robbinct
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 318876
Join Date: May 2012
Default

I installed the fog light kit this weekend. You pull the button panel out which is above the fuse box. I can see the button panel at the top of the pic. i haven't looked at the fuses though. You put in a switch and new face plate, and plug what looks exactly like that, a plug into the new switch. Mine was wrapped in pink tape and I think I see that also in your pic.

The car is a 2012 Prem.
robbinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:13 PM   #12180
darkbug
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 317711
Join Date: Apr 2012
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 5-spd
Cherry

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbinct
I installed the fog light kit this weekend. You pull the button panel out which is above the fuse box. I can see the button panel at the top of the pic. i haven't looked at the fuses though. You put in a switch and new face plate, and plug what looks exactly like that, a plug into the new switch. Mine was wrapped in pink tape and I think I see that also in your pic.

The car is a 2012 Prem.
Was the wires for the lights already in the correct position or did you have to run them?
darkbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:24 PM   #12181
2007imprezi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 199120
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Frostburg Md
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
Obsidian black pearl

Default

Spoke with Subaru and the dealership, parts for the seat wont be in til late June.The rep at Subaru said he has "connections" and hes going to see if he can get the seat part right away from the factory, but I doubt it I see them taking the car back.
2007imprezi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:42 PM   #12182
ltapawan
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 318332
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 5-Door
1981 Corolla Wagon

Default

waiting for a light bar to be released.

anyone know or hear about any light bars planned for the 2012 Impreza?
ltapawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:59 PM   #12183
robbinct
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 318876
Join Date: May 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbug View Post
Was the wires for the lights already in the correct position or did you have to run them?

The wires and plug are there behind the fog light plate. They are taped to a harness, (headlight?), just like the picture for the switch.
robbinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:37 PM   #12184
darkbug
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 317711
Join Date: Apr 2012
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 5-spd
Cherry

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbinct

The wires and plug are there behind the fog light plate. They are taped to a harness, (headlight?), just like the picture for the switch.
Great! Thank you. Now I just need to wait for my lamps to get delivered
darkbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:38 PM   #12185
jr0bb5
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 315353
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: MA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sp Prem
5MT OBP/DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltapawan View Post
waiting for a light bar to be released.

anyone know or hear about any light bars planned for the 2012 Impreza?
Excuse my ignorance, but what's a light bar?
jr0bb5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:42 PM   #12186
chanomatik
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage (...for now...)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suby Noobie View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but what's a light bar?
The bar that holds the giant lights.

chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:22 AM   #12187
Commander Keen
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 319157
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 4DR 5MT

Default

I just got the woofers out of the front doors, and it's no wonder they sound so boomy. Without exaggerating, the woofer's magnet is smaller than the dash speaker's.
Commander Keen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:43 AM   #12188
ST Eye
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73068
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: MD
Vehicle:
2008 STI Boost Wagon
2014 Honda Accord Hybrid

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Keen View Post
I just got the woofers out of the front doors, and it's no wonder they sound so boomy. Without exaggerating, the woofer's magnet is smaller than the dash speaker's.
Are you replacing them with kicker door speakers?

Does anyone know if there are aftermarket speakers that fit perfectly with no modification?
ST Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:56 AM   #12189
Commander Keen
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 319157
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 4DR 5MT

Default

Quote:
Are you replacing them with kicker door speakers?

Does anyone know if there are aftermarket speakers that fit perfectly with no modification?
No, I've replaced them with Polk DB6501 components. I did the woofers tonight, and I'm doing the tweeters tomorrow. I had to drill four holes in each door.
Commander Keen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:19 AM   #12190
auskip07
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 315643
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Atlanta Ga
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sedan
DGM 5mt

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Eye View Post
Are you replacing them with kicker door speakers?

Does anyone know if there are aftermarket speakers that fit perfectly with no modification?
There are 4 mounting holes in the origional speaker. You will need the adaptor plate. I installed a pair of Kenwood 6 3/4" and they fit fine. Just requires a drill and then your good to go.

And yes the stockers are GARBAGE
auskip07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:34 AM   #12191
BrysImpreza
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 3102
Join Date: Nov 2000
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Northern, CT
Vehicle:
2012 Sport Limited
Ice Silver

Default

My damn oil light came on, pulled over, checked it, 90% full, light still on.

Here come the gremlins, 4700 miles
BrysImpreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:57 AM   #12192
hemophilic
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 301213
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Raleigh, NC
Vehicle:
2012 Imp. Sp. Ltd.
Blue/Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrysImpreza View Post
My damn oil light came on, pulled over, checked it, 90% full, light still on.

Here come the gremlins, 4700 miles
There's an oil light thread started. I have the problem when driving 75mph+ on straight level highway for 10+ minutes. Drop to 70mph and the light goes out after 5-10 minutes. Pull over and check the level and it's slightly above full. Took it to dealership for 3K mile service and noted the issue. They couldn't find anything wrong and said it's possibly a flow blockage. Pressure and level can trigger the light. Maybe a new oil filter will work... or something... Haven't had a chance to do another road trip yet to verify.
hemophilic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:20 AM   #12193
BrysImpreza
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 3102
Join Date: Nov 2000
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Northern, CT
Vehicle:
2012 Sport Limited
Ice Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemophilic

There's an oil light thread started. I have the problem when driving 75mph+ on straight level highway for 10+ minutes. Drop to 70mph and the light goes out after 5-10 minutes. Pull over and check the level and it's slightly above full. Took it to dealership for 3K mile service and noted the issue. They couldn't find anything wrong and said it's possibly a flow blockage. Pressure and level can trigger the light. Maybe a new oil filter will work... or something... Haven't had a chance to do another road trip yet to verify.
Can you point me toward said thread? I searched but nothing came up via NASIOC mobile.
BrysImpreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #12194
auskip07
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 315643
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Atlanta Ga
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sedan
DGM 5mt

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrysImpreza View Post
Can you point me toward said thread? I searched but nothing came up via NASIOC mobile.
Look in the impreza forum. If it was a snake it would have bit you.
auskip07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:03 PM   #12195
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Eye View Post
Are you replacing them with kicker door speakers?

Does anyone know if there are aftermarket speakers that fit perfectly with no modification?
i will probably be replacing mine with polk 651. looks to be easy enough to do, just need the adapter ring.

btw: the FM does sound like, well, ass. BT audio sounds good though
flyboy1100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #12196
SZRimaging
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 314053
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Northern Michigan
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza
Marine Blue Pearl

Default

Well, since we are on the topic of speakers, do you need the tweeter kit to install tweeters? Or is there already some kind of wire run up there, and the mount in place, and you just need to drop in a pair of tweeters? Also, do you need a crossover, or is that somehow already built into the system? Just wondering if I can pick up some speakers for the door, then the tweeters separately. I ordered a Premium without the tweeters.
SZRimaging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #12197
jr0bb5
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 315353
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: MA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sp Prem
5MT OBP/DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
btw: the FM does sound like, well, ass. BT audio sounds good though
Thats funny that you mention that becasue I also find that to be the case. I'm perfectly happy with the stock radio, speakers and overall sound when streaming BT audio. On the other hand, sound from over-the-air FM stations is absolutely horrible to say the least. Haven't tried a CD yet, but I expect the sound quality to be up there, if not beter, than BT audio.

Last edited by jr0bb5; 05-23-2012 at 12:35 PM.
jr0bb5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #12198
xltiny
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 319645
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza 2.0 Ltd
White

Default

Hi everyone, I'm a a new member coming from a 2009 Forester XT Ltd. I just put a deposit down on a 2013 5 door Limited. My dealer expects delivery in mid/late August and he mentioned that the rearview camera will be std equipment on the Ltd, but no pricing as of yet. I'm on page 3xx of this thread and am excited and looking forward to receiving my car. (My Forester took 40 days for delivery when we ordered it.)
xltiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #12199
auskip07
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 315643
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Atlanta Ga
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sedan
DGM 5mt

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xltiny View Post
Hi everyone, I'm a a new member coming from a 2009 Forester XT Ltd. I just put a deposit down on a 2013 5 door Limited. My dealer expects delivery in mid/late August and he mentioned that the rearview camera will be std equipment on the Ltd, but no pricing as of yet. I'm on page 3xx of this thread and am excited and looking forward to receiving my car. (My Forester took 40 days for delivery when we ordered it.)
Welcome!
auskip07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #12200
Commander Keen
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 319157
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 4DR 5MT

Default

The Kicker tweeters are a direct fit. I measured resistance between the door harness and tweeter harness and it doesn't appear as if there is any kind of crossover in the dash. The high pass filter is just a small capacitor on the tweeter side of the harness. You can replace the door speakers separately.
Commander Keen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2012 Impreza STI concept art khaki_man Member's Car Gallery 37 03-15-2011 02:02 AM
Newsflash: 2012 Impreza looks like BigElm's Butt WagonMonster Off-Topic 4 02-28-2011 07:11 PM
2012 Impreza Concept Zakster87 General Community 14 11-17-2010 04:09 PM
Possibly looking into a 2011 or 2012 Impreza? xenonk Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC 1 08-05-2010 09:48 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.