Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday September 20, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #13126
imcausinmadrukis
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 318978
Join Date: May 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delaware View Post
Not to hijack this thread but I've been a lurker and non-poster so I can't post in general, but does anyone know who hard it is to get replacement parts for 2012 Impreza's? I got my 2.0i 3 months ago and yesterday a tractor trailer driver decided to slam his rig into reverse at a stop sign! The whole front end is smashed - I couldn't even open the hood to see what kind of damage is in there. I do know that the radiator was smashed since it leaked all over the road. Thankfully I didn't get hurt and my airbags didn't deploy!
My big concerns/questions are 1 - Is there a huge backorder on parts?? My dealer ship last month told me they have a long waiting list of people wanting the Impreza in my area. I ordered fog lights but they are on backorder for almost 2 months!
2 - I've never been in an accident but from what I've learned from others, is that the car is never the same. I know you all can't tell me for sure since I don't know the extent of the damages but am I screwed?!
Thanks!
I can post a pic if you guys want but it's really sad for Impreza owners to see it hurting!!

Is this all covered by your insurance?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
imcausinmadrukis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:25 PM   #13127
auskip07
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 315643
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Atlanta Ga
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sedan
DGM 5mt

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delaware View Post
Not to hijack this thread but I've been a lurker and non-poster so I can't post in general, but does anyone know who hard it is to get replacement parts for 2012 Impreza's? I got my 2.0i 3 months ago and yesterday a tractor trailer driver decided to slam his rig into reverse at a stop sign! The whole front end is smashed - I couldn't even open the hood to see what kind of damage is in there. I do know that the radiator was smashed since it leaked all over the road. Thankfully I didn't get hurt and my airbags didn't deploy!
My big concerns/questions are 1 - Is there a huge backorder on parts?? My dealer ship last month told me they have a long waiting list of people wanting the Impreza in my area. I ordered fog lights but they are on backorder for almost 2 months!
2 - I've never been in an accident but from what I've learned from others, is that the car is never the same. I know you all can't tell me for sure since I don't know the extent of the damages but am I screwed?!
Thanks!
I can post a pic if you guys want but it's really sad for Impreza owners to see it hurting!!
if it is fixed correctly it should be the same. I dont put too much weight in what people say when it comes to accident cars. 70% wouldnt know how the change their own oil let alone spot a differnence in how it looked or drove. Ive driven re titled cars and they drove just fine and i couldnt tell the difference. Pics would help but im sure you will be fine.
auskip07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:49 PM   #13128
An owned guy
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 313318
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza
Deep Cherry Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by auskip07 View Post
yep thats the one i didnt think would fit in well. I honestly dont like momo name on it. It would be much cooler if it was black all the way.



my ebay one looks much better
That does look pretty nice but i don't think i would like how it feels personally. I would gladly sacrifice looks for driving comfort. But i don't think the momo looks to bad specially with my white interior it's not as clashing as it would be in your black.

sorry for the blurry pics its so sunny today



An owned guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #13129
auskip07
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 315643
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Atlanta Ga
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sedan
DGM 5mt

Default

yep not as bad with the white.
auskip07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:09 PM   #13130
ZionZR2
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 319990
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Austin, TX
Vehicle:
2012 Imp Prm 5D CVT
Dark Grey Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcausinmadrukis View Post
Is this all covered by your insurance?
Not to sound like Back to the Future here:

but....

HIS Insurance should pay for it!!
ZionZR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #13131
TObject
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320185
Join Date: May 2012
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZionZR2 View Post
Not to sound like Back to the Future here:

but....

HIS Insurance should pay for it!!
Yes it should; but he can be uninsured or underinsured. Instead of dealing with his insurance, you could have your insurance pay for everything. You will be out of your deductible for a while, but once the other side pays up, you will get the deductible back (assuming there is enough coverage, and his fault was proven).
TObject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:36 PM   #13132
Imprezasport12
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 317866
Join Date: Apr 2012
Default

So I ran over a nail and needed to have the tire replaced. I bought the maintenance plan and it's covered! However, my dealer doesn't keep them in stock an their supplier can't ship it until Saturday I am going out of town and obv. Can't drive out of state on a doughnut so they called to see of I can get a loaner an I got denied. Is it worth calling SOA an being like what the heck?.
Or any one else run into this with a sport?
Imprezasport12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:39 PM   #13133
auskip07
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 315643
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Atlanta Ga
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sedan
DGM 5mt

Default

Nails dont = tire replaced. Patch and move on with it. Cost you 40 dollars at any local tire shop and 1 hour.

i understand wanting a new tire but if you are in a tough spot suck it up and take care of it.
auskip07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:41 PM   #13134
Imprezasport12
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 317866
Join Date: Apr 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by auskip07
Nails dont = tire replaced. Patch and move on with it. Cost you 40 dollars at any local tire shop and 1 hour.

i understand wanting a new tire but if you are in a tough spot suck it up and take care of it.
Not true when it is in the corner of the side wall.as they told me, and what do I care if I do t have to pay for it?
Imprezasport12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:43 PM   #13135
chanomatik
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage (...for now...)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imprezasport12 View Post
Not true when it is in the corner of the side wall.
Yeah, I was going to say that he's only semi-correct. I was notorious for running over nails for the past 4 summers. I haven't driven my car enough this summer to receive any, yet. Anyways, normally they are just patch jobs, but I've seen cases where if it punctures the corner of the side wall, you're... screwed.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:33 PM   #13136
rgrwilco
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 308662
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Jersey
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delaware

Not to hijack this thread but I've been a lurker and non-poster so I can't post in general, but does anyone know who hard it is to get replacement parts for 2012 Impreza's? I got my 2.0i 3 months ago and yesterday a tractor trailer driver decided to slam his rig into reverse at a stop sign! The whole front end is smashed - I couldn't even open the hood to see what kind of damage is in there. I do know that the radiator was smashed since it leaked all over the road. Thankfully I didn't get hurt and my airbags didn't deploy!
My big concerns/questions are 1 - Is there a huge backorder on parts?? My dealer ship last month told me they have a long waiting list of people wanting the Impreza in my area. I ordered fog lights but they are on backorder for almost 2 months!
2 - I've never been in an accident but from what I've learned from others, is that the car is never the same. I know you all can't tell me for sure since I don't know the extent of the damages but am I screwed?!
Thanks!
I can post a pic if you guys want but it's really sad for Impreza owners to see it hurting!!
It depends on the severity of the accident. Most of the time when people say the car is never the same, the accident involved parts that are critical to the structure and stability of the car. It might also be more of a mental thing, always having it in your head that your car is no longer this untouched thing.
rgrwilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:39 PM   #13137
ST Eye
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73068
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: MD
Vehicle:
2008 STI Boost Wagon
2014 Honda Accord Hybrid

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by auskip07 View Post
Nails dont = tire replaced. Patch and move on with it. Cost you 40 dollars at any local tire shop and 1 hour.

i understand wanting a new tire but if you are in a tough spot suck it up and take care of it.
I don't mind patching/plugging tires, however if he bought the warranty for it why would he settle for a patch other than to get the tire back on the car ASAP? Now if he had to pay out of pocket it would be a different story.
ST Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:34 AM   #13138
auskip07
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 315643
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Atlanta Ga
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sedan
DGM 5mt

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imprezasport12 View Post
Not true when it is in the corner of the side wall.as they told me, and what do I care if I do t have to pay for it?
Inside patch is perfectly fine. Plug wont work on that area. I didnt know if you were one of those stubborn people who wouldnt pay based on principle of having a warranty on the tires.
auskip07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #13139
Furiousd1983
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 295099
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Cackalack
Vehicle:
2013 Not so Hot HB

Default

Went in for the final consumption test yesterday afternoon. The final damage report: The car lost a grand total of 1 1/4 quart of oil over 3567 miles.

When the low oil warning happened on April 28th. I figured it could be something that might never happen again. regardless I still contacted SOA. When it happened again on June 11th. I figured something was amiss. That was when SOA ordered the consumption test. Chris at SOA has been quick to respond every time I've called and The service staff at Randy Marion Subaru have tried to keep me as satisfied as I could possibly be through all of this. I didn't go into this expecting a new car or replacement engine but I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed in the final response.

I would fully expect to have to buy an extra quart of oil if the car was 6 years old or had mileage of 200k. Not 6 months and 20k!
Furiousd1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #13140
Angelus911
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 89967
Join Date: Jun 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: MA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
DGM

Default

Has anyone ever had trouble with the air pressure in the tires? About 3 weeks ago I was driving to work and the light came on. After work I checked the air and sure enough the front right tire was low. Checked all the other tires and they were OK. Well this week again the light came on so I checked the tire pressure and the right rear tire was low this time. Every other tire was fine pressure wise.

I'm getting an oil change today and maybe have them take a look, has anyone run into this problem at all? I could see if it was the same tire, but weird that it would lose that much pressure in about 2 weeks.
Angelus911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #13141
sgoldste01
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 322264
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Webster, NY
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sp 5sp
Obs Blk Prl/Drk Gray Mtl

Default

Furious, this is disappointing news.

Please let me ask some questions that you might have answered already:
  • How many miles were on the car when you did your first, and then subsequent, oil changes?
  • What was your break-in procedure? Did you baby the car during the first 1k miles, or did you wind her up to higher RPMs after she warmed up to normal operating temperature?
  • What is the build date of your car?
sgoldste01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:53 AM   #13142
Furiousd1983
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 295099
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Cackalack
Vehicle:
2013 Not so Hot HB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldste01 View Post
Furious, this is disappointing news.

Please let me ask some questions that you might have answered already:
  • How many miles were on the car when you did your first, and then subsequent, oil changes?
  • What was your break-in procedure? Did you baby the car during the first 1k miles, or did you wind her up to higher RPMs after she warmed up to normal operating temperature?
  • What is the build date of your car?
First oil change was at 2956 miles.

Most of my driving is interstate but I drove back roads for the first 2 weeks (1200 miles) as they say constant speed isn't great during break in. I would say my break in driving was normal. Didn't drive it any more or less harshly than I do now. I've always let the "blue light" go out before I even back out of the driveway.

Build date is 10/11
Furiousd1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #13143
Furiousd1983
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 295099
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Cackalack
Vehicle:
2013 Not so Hot HB

Default

... and another note. I have had my oil changed now 4 times (about to be number 5 soon)

1st was at 2956 (no signs of lost oil)

2nd was 7512 (no signs of lost oil)

3rd was at 12469 (Low oil light came on Friday night and oil was changed Monday morning. The car had lost somewhere around 1 1/2 quart)

4th was at 16772 (Low oil light came on Monday morning. SOA ordered a consumption test to be done. Oil had to be changed to start test. The oil was again 1 1/2 quart low)

1st test run at 18011. Oil level showed to be "safe". No oil added
2nd test run 19189. Oil level was on lower end of dipstick but no low oil light. 1/2 quart added to car.
3rd test 20339. more than 1/2 quart added to bring dipstick back to a "safe" reading

What worries me is the fact that this car had no issues through almost 8000 miles. Then it started showing problems. How many 2012 Impreza's out there have less than 8k on them?
Furiousd1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:27 AM   #13144
sgoldste01
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 322264
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Webster, NY
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sp 5sp
Obs Blk Prl/Drk Gray Mtl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiousd1983 View Post
What worries me is the fact that this car had no issues through almost 8000 miles. Then it started showing problems. How many 2012 Impreza's out there have less than 8k on them?
Lots of them. Mine is only 3 weeks old with 900 miles on the odometer.
sgoldste01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #13145
Delaware
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 325921
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrwilco View Post
It depends on the severity of the accident. Most of the time when people say the car is never the same, the accident involved parts that are critical to the structure and stability of the car. It might also be more of a mental thing, always having it in your head that your car is no longer this untouched thing.
True! Hopefully it will just be mental!! I still don't have an estimate for all of the damage - my insurance company will sue his, so I should get my deductible back. (unfortunately not the $10 per day rental that may add up). After speaking with the body shop, insurance company, and my dealer, they have me feeling confident that they will use OE material unless absolutely necessary to use after-market. "Necessary" means there is a long wait on an item - hopefully that won't be the case. The weird thing is if they use OE, then the part is guaranteed for the life of the Subaru warranty. If they use after-market, then my insurance company guarantees it for the life of the vehicle! So, if for example they used a non-OE hood, and the paint wore off 5 years down the road, then they replace it. Kind of sounds too good to be true!
Thanks for all of your input! I'm resting a little more comfortably.
Delaware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:59 AM   #13146
Impreza1228
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 325234
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NC
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Pre CVT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiousd1983 View Post
... and another note. I have had my oil changed now 4 times (about to be number 5 soon)

1st was at 2956 (no signs of lost oil)

2nd was 7512 (no signs of lost oil)

3rd was at 12469 (Low oil light came on Friday night and oil was changed Monday morning. The car had lost somewhere around 1 1/2 quart)

4th was at 16772 (Low oil light came on Monday morning. SOA ordered a consumption test to be done. Oil had to be changed to start test. The oil was again 1 1/2 quart low)

1st test run at 18011. Oil level showed to be "safe". No oil added
2nd test run 19189. Oil level was on lower end of dipstick but no low oil light. 1/2 quart added to car.
3rd test 20339. more than 1/2 quart added to bring dipstick back to a "safe" reading

What worries me is the fact that this car had no issues through almost 8000 miles. Then it started showing problems. How many 2012 Impreza's out there have less than 8k on them?

Mine has approx 5400 miles 0% oil consumption.
Oil changed 100 miles ago this was first change.
I changed myself used Subaru oil ow-20 and filter.
By now most folks on here have read other horror stories of impreza owners having problems. I have to say with these mass produced cars their are going to be some that are not up to snuff. Now I will be monitoring mine just to ensure it is not a system wide defect.

Thanks for your post.

Here is something for us all to think about.
If a dealer is changing your oil are they putting back in what they remove quantity wise?
Also is dealer putting right weight oil in?

Last edited by Impreza1228; 07-13-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Impreza1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #13147
WStrembitsky
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 323877
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Limited
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delaware

True! Hopefully it will just be mental!! I still don't have an estimate for all of the damage - my insurance company will sue his, so I should get my deductible back. (unfortunately not the $10 per day rental that may add up). After speaking with the body shop, insurance company, and my dealer, they have me feeling confident that they will use OE material unless absolutely necessary to use after-market. "Necessary" means there is a long wait on an item - hopefully that won't be the case. The weird thing is if they use OE, then the part is guaranteed for the life of the Subaru warranty. If they use after-market, then my insurance company guarantees it for the life of the vehicle! So, if for example they used a non-OE hood, and the paint wore off 5 years down the road, then they replace it. Kind of sounds too good to be true!
Thanks for all of your input! I'm resting a little more comfortably.
Have the police ruled that he's responsible for the accident? I know that sometimes they'll just look at the damage to decide. If the other driver claims you hit him and the investigation is just looking at the damage there's a good chance they'll rule you're responsible. I'm hoping the other driver admitted what happened, you have witnesses or the police actually looked at the site to confirm who's responsible. You never want to be in a situation where it's your word vs. his and the damage is to the front of your vehicle and the back of his.
WStrembitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #13148
bhinmaine
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326015
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Maine
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza
Obsidian Pearl Black

Default

I have a 2012 Impreza 2.0i Premium 4-door, and I noticed yesterday that if I'm driving at 45+ mph and I have the two front windows rolled up, and either of (or both) the rear windows rolled down that there is a severe and rapid change of cabin pressure that is very uncomfortable to the ears and causes the whole cabin to vibrate very intensely. The rapid change of cabin pressure persist for as long as the rear windows are rolled down until you roll down one of (or both) the front windows.

This is very odd, and I'm wondering if I am alone in having this problem or if it can be reproduced in other 2012 Impreza sedans?
bhinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:54 AM   #13149
Furiousd1983
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 295099
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Cackalack
Vehicle:
2013 Not so Hot HB

Default

That will happen in any car. Trapped air is trying to escape from the same source that the air is rushing in from.
Furiousd1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #13150
Delaware
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 325921
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WStrembitsky View Post
Have the police ruled that he's responsible for the accident? I know that sometimes they'll just look at the damage to decide. If the other driver claims you hit him and the investigation is just looking at the damage there's a good chance they'll rule you're responsible. I'm hoping the other driver admitted what happened, you have witnesses or the police actually looked at the site to confirm who's responsible. You never want to be in a situation where it's your word vs. his and the damage is to the front of your vehicle and the back of his.
Yes thankfully he was cited. By looking at my car, it looks like I plowed into him! (I can't get the picture to load but I made it by avatar.)
There was a witness but the trooper told me that the guy "wasn't reliable." (the witness sold produce next to the site and was there daily so I'm guessing he may have had run-ins in the past.) The tractor trailer driver admitted his error to me, so I'm guessing he admitted it to the trooper since he was the one charged - the trooper spoke to us separately. A part of me feels bad for the tractor trailer driver because he apparently had over 1 million accident-free miles. The other part of me wants to smack him!
Delaware is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2012 Impreza STI concept art khaki_man Member's Car Gallery 37 03-15-2011 02:02 AM
Newsflash: 2012 Impreza looks like BigElm's Butt WagonMonster Off-Topic 4 02-28-2011 07:11 PM
2012 Impreza Concept Zakster87 General Community 14 11-17-2010 04:09 PM
Possibly looking into a 2011 or 2012 Impreza? xenonk Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC 1 08-05-2010 09:48 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.