Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday October 31, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 02:34 PM   #17401
myrt1987
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 323103
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: toms river, nj
Vehicle:
2012 Limited 2.0i
Dreamy Gray Mistress

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caocao View Post
What's toyota sporty hatch again? Oh yeah, the matrix
Yes a feeble attempt, I agree. Bleghh

Even lexus has a small hatchback.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
myrt1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #17402
Ropes4u
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 323526
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default

I probably wouldn't have bough an impreza without the 5dr option. I could easily have seen us opt instead for another Forrester, or another car all together.
Ropes4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #17403
sgoldste01
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 322264
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Webster, NY
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sp 5sp
Obs Blk Prl/Drk Gray Mtl

Default

This would be fun, but at a different price point, and not available in the US:

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle...isualizer.html
sgoldste01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #17404
scoutisimo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 315759
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Harrisburg, Pa
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 5 Door
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

If were talking international hatchbacks I gotta say alfa romeo brera
scoutisimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #17405
Ropes4u
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 323526
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCarp22 View Post

It was pricey, came out to $400 shipped. Way better than a flimsy universal one though!
Where did you order it I do not see it available online. Part number or link would be cool..
Ropes4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:15 PM   #17406
Caocao
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 330507
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ottawa
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Ltd CVT
White

Default

Agreed, how about this guy?

http://acura.ca/zdx#/zdx/specs
Caocao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #17407
sgoldste01
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 322264
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Webster, NY
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sp 5sp
Obs Blk Prl/Drk Gray Mtl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caocao View Post
Agreed, how about this guy?

http://acura.ca/zdx#/zdx/specs
Yuck. Unsurprisingly, it looks too much like the Honda Crosstour, which I've never warmed up to.

sgoldste01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #17408
Sidewindor
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 166609
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Illinois
Vehicle:
2013 Outback
SWP

Default

No love for the Toyota Venza?
Sidewindor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:35 PM   #17409
LuckyNYC
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 72812
Join Date: Oct 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Queens, NY
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Sport
Ventian Red Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewindor View Post
No love for the Toyota Venza?
A friend of mine is a fan. I can't get over how much it looks like a minivan minus the sliding door.
LuckyNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:52 PM   #17410
sgoldste01
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 322264
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Webster, NY
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sp 5sp
Obs Blk Prl/Drk Gray Mtl

Default

I think the Venza is WAY more attractive than the Crosstour, which is surprising because 9 times out of 10 I like Honda's styling more than Toyota's. I guess the Crosstour is an example of the 1 time out of 10 that I like Toyota's styling over Honda's.

I mean, don't you agree when comparing this pic to the Crosstour's pic?

sgoldste01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:54 PM   #17411
averagewhiteboy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 345877
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Sport
Ice Silver

Default

The Crosstour is kinda "fat". But the Acura version (while still fat) looks better.
averagewhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #17412
averagewhiteboy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 345877
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Sport
Ice Silver

Default

Anyone have any idea of the weight of the stock Sport 17's? They're pretty hefty. My 17x7.5 Rota Atacks felt SIGNIFICANTLY lighter, they're 16/17 pounds.
averagewhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:51 PM   #17413
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagewhiteboy View Post
Anyone have any idea of the weight of the stock Sport 17's? They're pretty hefty. My 17x7.5 Rota Atacks felt SIGNIFICANTLY lighter, they're 16/17 pounds.
Weigh then and report back.

I think there is a thread with all factory wheels, specs, and weights. It didn't have one for those
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #17414
averagewhiteboy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 345877
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Sport
Ice Silver

Default

Don't have them anymore, hence why I'm asking. haha
averagewhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:53 PM   #17415
CLL_OBP
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 310435
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fayettenam, NC
Vehicle:
2012 Sport Limited
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

21 pounds
CLL_OBP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:23 PM   #17416
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLL_OBP View Post
21 pounds
That isn't too bad
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:08 AM   #17417
CLL_OBP
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 310435
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fayettenam, NC
Vehicle:
2012 Sport Limited
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

I agree, not bad at all for a 17" stock wheel.
CLL_OBP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:49 AM   #17418
Reverend_
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 315019
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Omaha, NE
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 5-Door
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

So I've had the Pioneer AppRadio in my '12 Impreza for several months now. While I was psyched about it and the features it would bring my base model 5-door, I have come to notice it's flaws that are increasingly irritating. The startup is slow, the operation is clunky (worse than OEM touchscreens Subaru uses), the Apps that are designed to work with it are poor, and the GPS feature is pretty lame. I've tried fiddling around with it or getting settings to work better with it, but I've come to the conclusion that it's just not worth the frustration.

On the up side, I'm not overly attached to this financially since I got a killer deal on it when purchased. The AppRadio retails for about 300-350 new... so I could easily sell it on eBay or something like that without fear of taking too heavy of a loss on it.

Now the question is... what do I replace it with? I don't really want to rely on Apps on an Android or iOS device, as those get outdated every 6 months or so these days. I like the idea of touch-screen, Navigation, and having EQ settings to mess around with would be nice. I'd also want either Bluetooth to stream music through or AUX/USB to connect my iPod with. The more I look around, the more I can't help but think that the OEM Navigation on the new Impreza, Forester, BRZ, etc would be a great and reliable replacement.

Not sure why I always tend to gravitate towards OEM stuff. Perhaps I'm just tired of bad luck with aftermarket stuff being unsatisfying. All of the decent Nav systems look terribly overpriced as well, so maybe tracking down an OEM Nav would be a better financial option as well.

I'm open to suggestions, though. As a sales associate for Subaru, I've got plenty of experience with the Navigation units in Subarus nowadays and I do like 'em. I just don't want to invest in something aftermarket and have it go sour for me again.
Reverend_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:02 AM   #17419
MCarp22
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 102684
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza
Deep Cherry

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropes4u View Post
Where did you order it I do not see it available online. Part number or link would be cool..
http://www.subarupartsstore.co.uk/pr..._XV_F555EFJ000

F555EFJ000 is the part number.
MCarp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:20 AM   #17420
averagewhiteboy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 345877
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Sport
Ice Silver

Default

@reverend, I was looking briefly at the one Alpine screen.. Seemed decent. But I'm holding off on all multimedia until I get the car cosmetically how I want it.. Any pics of yours with the Pioneer? Not sure if I saw one or not..
averagewhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #17421
gregorz4
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 316869
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
Dark Gray

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend_ View Post
So I've had the Pioneer AppRadio in my '12 Impreza for several months now. While I was psyched about it and the features it would bring my base model 5-door, I have come to notice it's flaws that are increasingly irritating. The startup is slow, the operation is clunky (worse than OEM touchscreens Subaru uses), the Apps that are designed to work with it are poor, and the GPS feature is pretty lame. I've tried fiddling around with it or getting settings to work better with it, but I've come to the conclusion that it's just not worth the frustration.

On the up side, I'm not overly attached to this financially since I got a killer deal on it when purchased. The AppRadio retails for about 300-350 new... so I could easily sell it on eBay or something like that without fear of taking too heavy of a loss on it.

Now the question is... what do I replace it with? I don't really want to rely on Apps on an Android or iOS device, as those get outdated every 6 months or so these days. I like the idea of touch-screen, Navigation, and having EQ settings to mess around with would be nice. I'd also want either Bluetooth to stream music through or AUX/USB to connect my iPod with. The more I look around, the more I can't help but think that the OEM Navigation on the new Impreza, Forester, BRZ, etc would be a great and reliable replacement.

Not sure why I always tend to gravitate towards OEM stuff. Perhaps I'm just tired of bad luck with aftermarket stuff being unsatisfying. All of the decent Nav systems look terribly overpriced as well, so maybe tracking down an OEM Nav would be a better financial option as well.

I'm open to suggestions, though. As a sales associate for Subaru, I've got plenty of experience with the Navigation units in Subarus nowadays and I do like 'em. I just don't want to invest in something aftermarket and have it go sour for me again.
Is it the pioneer app radio 2?
gregorz4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #17422
CLL_OBP
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 310435
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fayettenam, NC
Vehicle:
2012 Sport Limited
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

@reverend, do you get any employee discounts?
Also, if you got the OEM Navigation from the new cars you mentioned, wouldn't you be missing some the features your base model lacks? Like the steering wheel controls, 2 less speakers, the rear view camera and the microphones for the Bluetooth (does the base model have them?) That's just a few I thought of.

Last edited by CLL_OBP; 04-07-2013 at 06:14 PM.
CLL_OBP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #17423
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLL_OBP View Post
@reverend, do you get any employee discounts?
Also, if you got the OEM Navigation from the new cars you mentioned, wouldn't you be missing some the features your base model lacks? Like the steering wheel controls, 2 less speakers, the rear view camera, the speaker on the dash for the Bluetooth (does the base model have it?) That's just a few I thought of.
What speaker on the dash?
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #17424
CLL_OBP
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 310435
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fayettenam, NC
Vehicle:
2012 Sport Limited
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

I meant microphone
CLL_OBP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:44 PM   #17425
aeoporta
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 334126
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New York
Vehicle:
2013 5mt Sp Premium
Venetian Red & Dark Gray

Default

you should NEVER buy the app radio first clue would have been you have to use a cell phone. oem nav and head unit is also junk. stick with a regular gps unit the price for an out of date oem nav or an aftermarket one that comes with a radio is not worth it.
what you should have gotten was the radio sgoldste got or the 4400 or 8400, the 8400 loads in less than 1 second the models below it can take 5 to 10 secs to load a usb based on how much data you have on it. does bluetooth and etc. get a a good backup camera aka not the 20 or 40 one that fails after two months. I have all the features on your bucket list and my garmin gps are equipped for usage internationally as I travel a lot. built in car navigation is nonsense and never worth the money gps data should be updated at least every quarter.


http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2312813
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2435877
aeoporta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2012 Impreza STI concept art khaki_man Member's Car Gallery 37 03-15-2011 02:02 AM
Newsflash: 2012 Impreza looks like BigElm's Butt WagonMonster Off-Topic 4 02-28-2011 07:11 PM
2012 Impreza Concept Zakster87 General Community 14 11-17-2010 04:09 PM
Possibly looking into a 2011 or 2012 Impreza? xenonk Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC 1 08-05-2010 09:48 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.