Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday February 27, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 07:50 PM   #17776
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

never did make it to the dealer today, but did look up lug nuts online. MSRP for the OEM's are 4.50/each!

4.5*20 = 90.00! some of those other sets for 50-80 don't seem like a bad deal
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:19 PM   #17777
averagewhiteboy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 345877
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Sport
Ice Silver

Default

Holy crap. Apparently I should have kept my stocks to sell. lol
averagewhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #17778
robbthundr
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 347277
Join Date: Feb 2013
Default

This is a question to those out there with the hatchback rear setback protectors. I just installed mine and they seemed to bunch at the bottom when folding. After adjusting it looked fine. Is this normal or will it ease up over time? Thanks!
robbthundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #17779
d_yonk
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 353483
Join Date: Apr 2013
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Vista,CA
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Sport
Marine Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post

I understand that it is rated in other countries, but it isn't here, hence what I said, they will not come factory/dealer installed.
I hear this as well but does that mean they won't install one if you ask? I bought my '13 three weeks ago and my dealer quoted me some ridiculous price so I declined and installed an aftermarket one. If I remember correctly SOA states that you cannot have one because towing is not allowed. I just wonder why some dealerships will install them if this is the case.
d_yonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:55 PM   #17780
aeoporta
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 334126
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New York
Vehicle:
2013 5mt Sp Premium
Venetian Red & Dark Gray

Default

Yes seat back protector bunches a bit at bottom I have to make sure to slide the cargo tray under it so the two play nice.
aeoporta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:04 PM   #17781
LuckyNYC
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 72812
Join Date: Oct 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Queens, NY
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Sport
Ventian Red Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeoporta View Post
Yes seat back protector bunches a bit at bottom I have to make sure to slide the cargo tray under it so the two play nice.
Yup this is how mine are as well
LuckyNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:07 PM   #17782
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_yonk View Post

I hear this as well but does that mean they won't install one if you ask? I bought my '13 three weeks ago and my dealer quoted me some ridiculous price so I declined and installed an aftermarket one. If I remember correctly SOA states that you cannot have one because towing is not allowed. I just wonder why some dealerships will install them if this is the case.
I've never met a dealer that would install something that would void a warranty.

I think those with hitches get them installed elsewhere
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:38 PM   #17783
Dirt Bringer
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 340297
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cincinnati
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza 5sp Prm
Ice Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
I've never met a dealer that would install something that would void a warranty.

I think those with hitches get them installed elsewhere
When I was shopping for one a dealer offered to install it for me, and told me it wouldn't do anything to the warranty. I didn't buy from them for obvious reasons.
Dirt Bringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:47 PM   #17784
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Bringer View Post
When I was shopping for one a dealer offered to install it for me, and told me it wouldn't do anything to the warranty. I didn't buy from them for obvious reasons.
but it could affect the warranty, if something in the frame/suspension got messed up they could blame it on the hitch, not a gamble i would take.

like i said, dealers around here aren't willing to do anything that will void warranty anyway so it is a moot point.
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:08 AM   #17785
Dirt Bringer
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 340297
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cincinnati
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza 5sp Prm
Ice Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
but it could affect the warranty, if something in the frame/suspension got messed up they could blame it on the hitch, not a gamble i would take.

like i said, dealers around here aren't willing to do anything that will void warranty anyway so it is a moot point.
Yeah, well this dealership turned out to be kind of sleazy, so you can see where I'm going here. I bought from another dealership that was adamant about the minute details of warranty. At least they didn't lie to me.
Dirt Bringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:09 PM   #17786
aeoporta
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 334126
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New York
Vehicle:
2013 5mt Sp Premium
Venetian Red & Dark Gray

Default

I look forward to the day when a dealership proves that my hitch damaged the suspension or frame. I would have two strikes against me, sti sway bar and the hitch. In actuality I would only bring my car to a dealer for recall work of for something major provided they were actually any good, otherwise to an independent shop I go.
aeoporta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:45 PM   #17787
Blackmamba24kb
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 330797
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 5dr Prm
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbthundr View Post
This is a question to those out there with the hatchback rear setback protectors. I just installed mine and they seemed to bunch at the bottom when folding. After adjusting it looked fine. Is this normal or will it ease up over time? Thanks!
yup it is. it will happen from time to time. u just have to help fold it properly and it will fold up properly.
Blackmamba24kb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:19 PM   #17788
Blackmamba24kb
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 330797
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 5dr Prm
Satin White Pearl

Default

not sure if someone answered and not sure if this option is available for Apple. But for my android (sumsung s3) there is option to have BT music and/or BT phone activate when you turn on BT. If you have BT music/audio on and it detects the car it will play automatically when you change the setting/source on the HU.

To avoid that i just turn off turn on automatically for BT music/audio on my phone.

hope that helps.



Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNYC View Post
The only issue I have with my iPhone 4S when it comes to my Bluetooth is that it will automatically start playing music from my phone as soon as I start the car without me hitting play. Not sure why it does this.
Blackmamba24kb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:34 PM   #17789
averagewhiteboy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 345877
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Sport
Ice Silver

Default

My 5 never does that? Weird..
averagewhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #17790
LuckyNYC
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 72812
Join Date: Oct 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Queens, NY
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Sport
Ventian Red Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmamba24kb View Post
not sure if someone answered and not sure if this option is available for Apple. But for my android (sumsung s3) there is option to have BT music and/or BT phone activate when you turn on BT. If you have BT music/audio on and it detects the car it will play automatically when you change the setting/source on the HU.

To avoid that i just turn off turn on automatically for BT music/audio on my phone.

hope that helps.

I've been through all of the menus and don't see any options like that on my 4S
LuckyNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:59 PM   #17791
myrt1987
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 323103
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: toms river, nj
Vehicle:
2012 Limited 2.0i
Dreamy Gray Mistress

Default

I ended up getting the GS3 and it doesnt automatically play anything

however the music player automatically turns on, but doesnt play through speakers until i switch to BT audio.

PS, I need to learn how to use this phone, I feel like Im under-utilizing this thing. Using it mainly for texting and doodle jump... lol Any good car-related/subaru apps?
myrt1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #17792
Zeeper
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 299286
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Upstate NY
Vehicle:
2015 WRX CVT
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
but it could affect the warranty, if something in the frame/suspension got messed up they could blame it on the hitch, not a gamble i would take.

like i said, dealers around here aren't willing to do anything that will void warranty anyway so it is a moot point.
I would be more worried about SOA denying warrant work on the clutch or CVT transmission or differentials if you install a tow hitch, as towing is specifically forbidden multiple times in the owners manual.

It is a pay to play situation, IMHO, so if you do start towing with your car don't start crying if SOA denies warranty work.

Last edited by Zeeper; 04-25-2013 at 04:18 PM.
Zeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:01 PM   #17793
averagewhiteboy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 345877
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Sport
Ice Silver

Default

To my knowledge, mostly any car can tow sonethinf like a jet ski or a quad. But don't be expecting to tow a giant boat or camper with it.. lol
averagewhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:07 PM   #17794
sgoldste01
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 322264
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Webster, NY
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sp 5sp
Obs Blk Prl/Drk Gray Mtl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagewhiteboy View Post
To my knowledge, mostly any car can tow sonethinf like a jet ski or a quad.
While I'm sure that's physically true, doing so could still void your warranty, if towing is prohibited in the owner's documentation.
sgoldste01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:11 PM   #17795
averagewhiteboy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 345877
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Sport
Ice Silver

Default

True. I know there's a section in the book regardibg towing.. But I'm unsure what it says right now. lol
averagewhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #17796
averagewhiteboy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 345877
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Sport
Ice Silver

Default

Anyone know anything about the Chargespeed / Bottom Line cosmetics for our chassis? I have seen them for both the hatch and sedan. They look great! Exactly what I'm going for.. Anyone have any details, pricing, etc on this? Or where to order in America?

http://www.chargespeed.com/english/gp-bottom-1-e1.htm
averagewhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:33 PM   #17797
LuckyNYC
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 72812
Join Date: Oct 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Queens, NY
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Sport
Ventian Red Pearl

Default

LuckyNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #17798
averagewhiteboy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 345877
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Sport
Ice Silver

Default

Good look on the link. Too bad I didn't know this last week when I was in Cali.. lol
averagewhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:54 PM   #17799
abxex
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 295269
Join Date: Sep 2011
Default

Has anyone had problems with their tint getting scratched?

I got my windows tinted about a month ago (no front windows per NH law). The shop told me not to roll down the windows or wash the windows for 3 or 4 days. I waited a week and a half. When I first rolled my windows down from the driver seat, I rolled them all the way down. I couldn't hear it at the time or I would have stopped but the inside felt/plastic seal got sucked into the window. I had to use a glossy thin piece of cardboard to get that seal out of the inside of the door. It wasn't difficult but when I did, and put the windows back up, I noticed there were vertical scratches. Those weren't there before.

From what I've read online so far, it sounds like it might be the seals in the window or something. It doesn't seem or sound like it was the tint installer's fault but I don't know. I've made an appointment with the dealer to get it looked at to see if it's something that is indeed defective and can be replaced. I thought I should get that looked at and fixed before going back to the tint shop to see what they'll do. The tint and install have a lifetime warranty per the shop. I just hope they don't just blaming each other.

Has anyone else had this or a similar issue? This sucks. Thanks for listening, haha.
abxex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:05 PM   #17800
Unknown77
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 332289
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Fernando Valley, SoCal
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Premium
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abxex View Post
Has anyone had problems with their tint getting scratched?

I got my windows tinted about a month ago (no front windows per NH law). The shop told me not to roll down the windows or wash the windows for 3 or 4 days. I waited a week and a half. When I first rolled my windows down from the driver seat, I rolled them all the way down. I couldn't hear it at the time or I would have stopped but the inside felt/plastic seal got sucked into the window. I had to use a glossy thin piece of cardboard to get that seal out of the inside of the door. It wasn't difficult but when I did, and put the windows back up, I noticed there were vertical scratches. Those weren't there before.

From what I've read online so far, it sounds like it might be the seals in the window or something. It doesn't seem or sound like it was the tint installer's fault but I don't know. I've made an appointment with the dealer to get it looked at to see if it's something that is indeed defective and can be replaced. I thought I should get that looked at and fixed before going back to the tint shop to see what they'll do. The tint and install have a lifetime warranty per the shop. I just hope they don't just blaming each other.

Has anyone else had this or a similar issue? This sucks. Thanks for listening, haha.
I would go back to the tint place first. Perhaps they didn't put the window seals back properly
Unknown77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2012 Impreza STI concept art khaki_man Member's Car Gallery 37 03-15-2011 03:02 AM
Newsflash: 2012 Impreza looks like BigElm's Butt WagonMonster Off-Topic 4 02-28-2011 08:11 PM
2012 Impreza Concept Zakster87 General Community 14 11-17-2010 05:09 PM
Possibly looking into a 2011 or 2012 Impreza? xenonk Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC 1 08-05-2010 10:48 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.