Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday July 30, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 02:18 AM   #17926
danstheman7
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 331089
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Bellmore NY
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Base
DGM/Dark Grey Metallic

Default

jeez that's quite the crack...
would something like bondo work from the inside?
then touch-up paint.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
danstheman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:12 AM   #17927
Dvd630
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 328869
Join Date: Aug 2012
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza premium
Ice Silver metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagewhiteboy
As promised. A few quick snaps. Unfortunately, my Flickr Pro account ran out, so they're only JPEG, not RAW. But they still look decent. Canon 60D, unedited.


IMG_1468 by iheartsnailsquad


IMG_1478 by iheartsnailsquad


IMG_1492 by iheartsnailsquad


IMG_1494 by iheartsnailsquad


IMG_1497 by iheartsnailsquad
Pretty average there buddy! Is it cool having orange fogs as well?
Dvd630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:52 AM   #17928
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danstheman7 View Post
jeez that's quite the crack...
would something like bondo work from the inside?
then touch-up paint.
No, they make bumper repair kits...
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:20 AM   #17929
sgoldste01
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 322264
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Webster, NY
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sp 5sp
Obs Blk Prl/Drk Gray Mtl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
No, they make bumper repair kits...
Do you need to remove the bumper to use these bumper repair kits? Or can you access the backside of the bumper from beneath the car?
sgoldste01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #17930
Angelus911
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 89967
Join Date: Jun 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: MA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
DGM

Default

I looked it up online and its basically some epoxy with wire mesh for support. I'm able to reach under and behind the crack, so I should be able to repair it without taking it off. Thanks for the suggestion flyboy, seems like a pretty good fix
Angelus911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #17931
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus911 View Post
I looked it up online and its basically some epoxy with wire mesh for support. I'm able to reach under and behind the crack, so I should be able to repair it without taking it off. Thanks for the suggestion flyboy, seems like a pretty good fix
They work great, you should probably stop drill the crack too so it doesn't spread further. Then clean up the hairline crack well and hit it with the touch up paint.

I have used a few of them over the years and never had one fail, 3+ on the jetta and 4+ on my Buick (stupid parking burms)
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #17932
RXman
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 317181
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Jackson, New Jersey
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Premium
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmamba24kb View Post
sorry for posting this after i posted a topic thing on it...not sure which is the correct place.

Ill delete my thread if needed. sorry mods if I posted/created incorrectly etc.

anyways, i was hoping to get those with SWP (satin white pearl) impreza 2012+ input on the paint of their cars.

For those with the SWP (Satin White Pearl) finish. Has anyone noticed that the front bumper and the rear bumper paint color changes over time and doesnt match the white pearl color of the rest of the body/hood??

I've noticed that my front bumper and rear have changed colors to almost a yellowish tinge. I am rather pissed that the car is essentially two toned.

will post pics once get a chance to get a good image of it

I wash my car regularly and wax it about every 2 weeks. So what the hecks gives??
I also have a 2012 Impreza with Satin Pearl white - with no issues. Since new, about 1 1/2 years I've used Optimum no rinse wash and shine ( NOT the one that includes wax) and wash the car once weekly AND use Optimum spray car wax ( NOT the detailing and gloss enhancer) every 2 to 3 months. Keeps the paint looking beautiful with no discoloration and VERY EASY to use. I purchase them from Autogeek.net
http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-spray-wax.html
http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-no-rinse.html
RXman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:12 PM   #17933
Dirt Bringer
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 340297
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cincinnati
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza 5sp Prm
Ice Silver

Default

So, if I wanted to make my wheels black with plasti dip, how many rattle cans would I need?
Dirt Bringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #17934
myrt1987
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 323103
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: toms river, nj
Vehicle:
2012 Limited 2.0i
Dreamy Gray Mistress

Default

You should be ok with 3 cans, but I would get 4 in case you have to redo a wheel or want to spray something else. (i.e. grille) Also depends if you want to spray the inside barrels.

Should be about $6 at home depot/lowes per can.
myrt1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:19 PM   #17935
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

i used about 3.5 cans of Paint to do 4 coats of paint on my wheels. not sure how that covers compared to plastidip though
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #17936
Rpresa
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341172
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: yyc
Vehicle:
2012 GP
OBP

Default

I just p dipped 4 wheels and I used exactly 3 cans for 4 coats.
Rpresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #17937
Blackmamba24kb
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 330797
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 5dr Prm
Satin White Pearl

Default

man what are the odds....rear ended in Jan 2013 after work (pretty bad, guy slammed into me at full speed on the freeway) got the car back like 2 months ago....this this past saturday on the same freeway but opposite direction close to midnight on a saturday I got rear ended AGAIN, it was stop and go traffic but the idiot said he was sorry and he was replying to a text msg.

Initially wouldn't pull over and wouldn't give me his ins registration info. Thought he was going to run since he had Texas plates. Called the CHP and they finally got the info. Now i gotta send the car to the shop AGAIN to have the bumper looked at (looks like paint crack, an a small puncture in the rear bumper) other than that nothing else really from what i can see.

sigh.....my car is either cursed or I just really need to avoid that damn freeway at all costs.
Blackmamba24kb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:27 PM   #17938
ronjr8102
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 216040
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Worcester, MA
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza 2.0i5dr
dark metallic grey

Default

Some cars just have that attraction to get hit. For me it always seems people dont see me and pull out in front on me and go slow.
ronjr8102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:44 PM   #17939
nubsub
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313575
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i HB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmamba24kb View Post
man what are the odds....rear ended in Jan 2013 after work (pretty bad, guy slammed into me at full speed on the freeway) got the car back like 2 months ago....this this past saturday on the same freeway but opposite direction close to midnight on a saturday I got rear ended AGAIN, it was stop and go traffic but the idiot said he was sorry and he was replying to a text msg.

Initially wouldn't pull over and wouldn't give me his ins registration info. Thought he was going to run since he had Texas plates. Called the CHP and they finally got the info. Now i gotta send the car to the shop AGAIN to have the bumper looked at (looks like paint crack, an a small puncture in the rear bumper) other than that nothing else really from what i can see.

sigh.....my car is either cursed or I just really need to avoid that damn freeway at all costs.
sorry to hear about this.

to make you feel better (?): i damaged my own car last week: while in a state of sleep deprivation (baby) and rushing to work, i turned too sharply out of my garage and scuffed my bumper. how stupid is that? i haven't had time to take it to get looked at. my friend at the place who repaired my prior car believes that it might be possible to just buff off the white paint (from the house) and then probably touch up pain any spots that the paint was worn down or removed...

i'll probably follow this course as a cost effective fix. it won't be perfect, but a lot cheaper.

but man, it still drives me nuts that my i inflicted damage to my own car, let alone at home! DOH!
nubsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #17940
Blackmamba24kb
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 330797
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 5dr Prm
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubsub View Post
sorry to hear about this.

to make you feel better (?): i damaged my own car last week: while in a state of sleep deprivation (baby) and rushing to work, i turned too sharply out of my garage and scuffed my bumper. how stupid is that? i haven't had time to take it to get looked at. my friend at the place who repaired my prior car believes that it might be possible to just buff off the white paint (from the house) and then probably touch up pain any spots that the paint was worn down or removed...

i'll probably follow this course as a cost effective fix. it won't be perfect, but a lot cheaper.

but man, it still drives me nuts that my i inflicted damage to my own car, let alone at home! DOH!
damage to cars in general doesnt make me feel better but yea i think its worst when you do it yourself, so i feel you pain (ive done that before in previous cars)....but yea try this: got a scuff off without problems, clear coat safe as well.

http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotiv...mate-compound/

thanks for the well wishes guys!! ill post updates, been meaning to add little things too, i guess that will have to wait.
Blackmamba24kb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:22 PM   #17941
Reverend_
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 315019
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Omaha, NE
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 5-Door
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

I've been searching pretty hard for a non OEM Roof Spoiler for my 5-Door Impreza. I like the more aggressive look to the current WRX one and I've found this fella

http://www.suspart.com/subaru-xv-car...-rear-spoiler/

My only trouble with that part (aside from the fact that I probably can't get it here) is that it's Carbon Fiber. I'm looking for something body-colored or that I can paint and I've not heard good things about painting Carbon Fiber.

Any suggestions? Are there other aftermarket spoilers that I've missed out there?
Reverend_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #17942
nubsub
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313575
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i HB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmamba24kb View Post
damage to cars in general doesnt make me feel better but yea i think its worst when you do it yourself, so i feel you pain (ive done that before in previous cars)....but yea try this: got a scuff off without problems, clear coat safe as well.

http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotiv...mate-compound/

.
thanks for the tip!
nubsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:40 PM   #17943
ans2k
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 315631
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bryant, AR
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend_ View Post
My only trouble with that part (aside from the fact that I probably can't get it here) is that it's Carbon Fiber. I'm looking for something body-colored or that I can paint and I've not heard good things about painting Carbon Fiber.
never understood this.

I had plenty of things that came in carbon fiber and all of which were painted over easily. (didn't what to look like a show off/ricer)
ans2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:21 AM   #17944
auskip07
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 315643
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Atlanta Ga
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sedan
DGM 5mt

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans2k View Post
never understood this.

I had plenty of things that came in carbon fiber and all of which were painted over easily. (didn't what to look like a show off/ricer)
+2 thats what primer is for.
auskip07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:39 AM   #17945
Angelus911
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 89967
Join Date: Jun 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: MA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
DGM

Default

Just managed to mount my Hella Supertones over the weekend. I have the Subimods bracket and wiring harness, so the wiring should be pretty easy when I get around to doing it (and yes I know how dirty my car looks in these pics )



Angelus911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:43 AM   #17946
uspopo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 317014
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY/CA
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited CVT
ISM

Default

Angelus, make sure you use the OEM relay that is included with the Hellas instead of the one with the Subimods harness.
uspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:06 AM   #17947
ronjr8102
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 216040
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Worcester, MA
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza 2.0i5dr
dark metallic grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uspopo View Post
Angelus, make sure you use the OEM relay that is included with the Hellas instead of the one with the Subimods harness.
Y would u want to use the relay that comes with the horn instead of the upgraded one Subimods puts on the harness?
ronjr8102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #17948
soobie doo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324017
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Philly Burbs
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

Greetings, my fellow 2012 Impreza owners.

I am here this morning to share a curious pattern that I have noticed with my car.

I check the tire pressure pretty regularly, around every two weeks or so. If they're getting a bit low, I pump 'em back up to the recommended pressure with the bicycle pump I keep in the back. About 10 pumps/psi works pretty well.

Generally speaking, the tires haven't been losing pressure very quickly at all, and I'll catch it before the TPMS light comes on.

However, during the 11 months that I have owned the car, the TPMS light has come on three times. The first time was during Hurricane Sandy, the second time was a couple of weeks ago, the third time was this morning on my way to work. Each time, my pressure gauge has confirmed that at least one tire was significantly below the recommended pressure, indicating that each time, at least one tire had lost pressure much more quickly than usual.

Each time the light came on, it was on very wet roads. Is there a reason that very wet roads would cause a decrease in pressure, or is this all just a strange coincidence?

Stock Yoko tires, stock 15" steel wheels.

Last edited by soobie doo; 05-08-2013 at 10:23 AM.
soobie doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #17949
Angelus911
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 89967
Join Date: Jun 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: MA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uspopo View Post
Angelus, make sure you use the OEM relay that is included with the Hellas instead of the one with the Subimods harness.
I saw that on their page - is that the one that they include "loose" in the package? I assume the easy way to tell is to count the number of pins on the back of the relay

@ronjr8102 - Subimods said that there was some concern using their wiring harness - they state to only use the 5 pin relay which they include with the order.
Angelus911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:48 AM   #17950
uspopo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 317014
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY/CA
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited CVT
ISM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjr8102 View Post

Y would u want to use the relay that comes with the horn instead of the upgraded one Subimods puts on the harness?
When I had my Supertones installed, we initially used the Subimods relay and tested everything before reinstalling the grill. Once everything was put back together and we tested the horns again and it didn't work. We checked every connection and fuse and couldn't figure out why they stopped working. Pulled the grill off to access the bracket and wiring harness and we decided to swap the relay out for OEM Hella one and it worked. The Subimods relay went into the garbage. No issues with the horns since the install.

Last edited by uspopo; 05-08-2013 at 10:20 AM.
uspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2012 Impreza STI concept art khaki_man Member's Car Gallery 37 03-15-2011 02:02 AM
Newsflash: 2012 Impreza looks like BigElm's Butt WagonMonster Off-Topic 4 02-28-2011 07:11 PM
2012 Impreza Concept Zakster87 General Community 14 11-17-2010 04:09 PM
Possibly looking into a 2011 or 2012 Impreza? xenonk Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC 1 08-05-2010 09:48 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.