Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday September 2, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #18176
dannymorlando
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324842
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Kennesaw, Ga
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza S Prem
marine blue

Default

Nice image of the '12 Subie in Cades Cove, Smoky Mountains

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
dannymorlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:27 PM   #18177
myrt1987
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 323103
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: toms river, nj
Vehicle:
2012 Limited 2.0i
Dreamy Gray Mistress

Default

Cool pic. did you take it?

Got any more?
myrt1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:12 AM   #18178
8crizzle8
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 350064
Join Date: Mar 2013
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Sport
MBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymorlando View Post
Nice image of the '12 Subie in Cades Cove, Smoky Mountains
What did you do to get that effect?
8crizzle8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:56 AM   #18179
soobie doo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324017
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Philly Burbs
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8crizzle8 View Post
What did you do to get that effect?
Looks like HDR to me
soobie doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #18180
myrt1987
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 323103
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: toms river, nj
Vehicle:
2012 Limited 2.0i
Dreamy Gray Mistress

Default My not-so-typical commute home

So yesterday there was a big accident during the torrential downpour on my commute home. So big they had to close the road (Rt70: single lane, rural highway mostly) that is basically a direct line to my town. So after I saw the initial road closing I turned on my gps, and saw there was a road that runs parallel. It was a residential road but no big deal, I figured I would just cross back over to the main road once I passed the accident.

...well it didn't exactly happen that way. The residential road turned into a dirt road. At first I thought no big deal dirt road, I see the path back to the highway up ahead on the gps. Well that dirt road turned into a trail through the woods. And I mean it was like a big deer path through the heart of the woods. The lane was only as wide as my car, and only got wider to accommodate the half a dozen or so huge puddles that spanned the width of the path and god knows how deep.

I slowly and carefully tried to creep along the edge of these massive puddles, going over some of the brush along the side, and even had to maneuver around a tree to completely avoid a particularly daunting mud pit. I bottomed out once but wasn't bad. If I had gotten stuck Im not sure what I would have done, theres no way I could go in reverse back the way I came. Eventually I did reach the main highway, got funny looks from the cops since I was the only pedestrian car on it at this point, and thanked god nothing serious happened. Lets see any other car besides a Subaru do that. I was scared to death and at the same time it was exhilarating. Best car ever.

Thanks for reading.
myrt1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #18181
stien
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 315086
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Premium
5MT 5 Door AWP Just Black

Default

Took my car in for an oil change and mentioned in passing that my passenger side front speaker rattled. They are replacing it under warranty. We'll see if it stops the rattle!
stien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #18182
Caocao
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 330507
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ottawa
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Ltd CVT
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrt1987 View Post
So yesterday there was a big accident during the torrential downpour on my commute home. So big they had to close the road (Rt70: single lane, rural highway mostly) that is basically a direct line to my town. So after I saw the initial road closing I turned on my gps, and saw there was a road that runs parallel. It was a residential road but no big deal, I figured I would just cross back over to the main road once I passed the accident.

...well it didn't exactly happen that way. The residential road turned into a dirt road. At first I thought no big deal dirt road, I see the path back to the highway up ahead on the gps. Well that dirt road turned into a trail through the woods. And I mean it was like a big deer path through the heart of the woods. The lane was only as wide as my car, and only got wider to accommodate the half a dozen or so huge puddles that spanned the width of the path and god knows how deep.

I slowly and carefully tried to creep along the edge of these massive puddles, going over some of the brush along the side, and even had to maneuver around a tree to completely avoid a particularly daunting mud pit. I bottomed out once but wasn't bad. If I had gotten stuck Im not sure what I would have done, theres no way I could go in reverse back the way I came. Eventually I did reach the main highway, got funny looks from the cops since I was the only pedestrian car on it at this point, and thanked god nothing serious happened. Lets see any other car besides a Subaru do that. I was scared to death and at the same time it was exhilarating. Best car ever.

Thanks for reading.
Steve's corolla could do better.
Caocao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #18183
Haunty
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 319378
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: West Central MN
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport Ltd.
Satin White Pearl

Default

I hit a deer at 65-70mph, never saw it coming. Steering wheel and knee airbag went off. Over $10,000 for the repair estimate, lol

Haunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:22 PM   #18184
sgoldste01
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 322264
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Webster, NY
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sp 5sp
Obs Blk Prl/Drk Gray Mtl

Default

^^ Ugh, I hate it when that happens.
sgoldste01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:28 PM   #18185
G2Spfld
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 354284
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Midwest
Vehicle:
2013 Imp Sport CVT
SWP

Default

After seeing that and the rear accident thread, I'm feeling pretty safe in these rezza's
G2Spfld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:34 AM   #18186
myrt1987
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 323103
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: toms river, nj
Vehicle:
2012 Limited 2.0i
Dreamy Gray Mistress

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caocao View Post
Steve's corolla could do better.
Well that's the only exception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunty View Post
Over $10,000 for the repair estimate, lol
Well its good to see you can laugh about it. lol. Hopefully itll be good as new after repairs. Good luck.
myrt1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:28 AM   #18187
soobie doo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324017
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Philly Burbs
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

Suuuuuucks.

Also, over 10k for the repairs? That's half the value of the car!
soobie doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:25 AM   #18188
Zauri
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 333487
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: MD
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 4DR 2.0
Limited DGM CVT

Default

Almost, ALMOST hit one a few days ago hitting some side roads to avoid wreck induced traffic. This car is very responsive and tight on the turns IMO (mind you I came from driving a bunch of matchbox cars lol)
Zauri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #18189
foghelmut
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 328414
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: South Jersey
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza SP 5MT
obsidian pearl black

Default

Do these cars have shift indicators? The owners manual seems to think so, but I haven't seen it working.
foghelmut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #18190
Rpresa
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341172
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: yyc
Vehicle:
2012 GP
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foghelmut View Post
Do these cars have shift indicators? The owners manual seems to think so, but I haven't seen it working.
They do but they don't work anywhere in North America, apparently. In the right light, I can see my gauge area has the little up and down indicators but I haven't heard one person yet say that they're active. Too bad, I wish they were.
Rpresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #18191
sgoldste01
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 322264
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Webster, NY
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sp 5sp
Obs Blk Prl/Drk Gray Mtl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foghelmut View Post
Do these cars have shift indicators? The owners manual seems to think so, but I haven't seen it working.
I seem to remember reading that the shift indicator for manual-tranny Impezas is a Canadian feature, but I'm not certain about that.
sgoldste01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:16 PM   #18192
Rpresa
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341172
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: yyc
Vehicle:
2012 GP
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldste01 View Post
I seem to remember reading that the shift indicator for manual-tranny Impezas is a Canadian feature, but I'm not certain about that.
Canada here and they don't work, unfortunately.
Rpresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:16 PM   #18193
sgoldste01
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 322264
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Webster, NY
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sp 5sp
Obs Blk Prl/Drk Gray Mtl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpresa View Post
They do but they don't work anywhere in North America, apparently. In the right light, I can see my gauge area has the little up and down indicators but I haven't heard one person yet say that they're active. Too bad, I wish they were.
Meh. I haven't missed this feature. I know when to shift all by myself.

I'm more jealous that Canadian Imprezas have turn signal indicators in their side view mirrors. And they can get HID headlights. And I think they have the fancy center display like the new Forester has. And I think their factory head units are better. And so on.

But they pay much more for their Imprezas up there, so I guess that makes us even.
sgoldste01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #18194
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foghelmut View Post
Do these cars have shift indicators? The owners manual seems to think so, but I haven't seen it working.
Everywhere else in the world except north America. I tried to enable it and it doesnt work.
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:49 PM   #18195
foghelmut
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 328414
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: South Jersey
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza SP 5MT
obsidian pearl black

Default

The shift indicator seems like it should just be a simple ECU calculation. It's supposed to indicate for maximum efficiency. That could be useful. Oh well.
foghelmut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #18196
lymphomaniac
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 334451
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: YVR
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza2.0i CVT
DGM (sedan)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldste01 View Post
Meh. I haven't missed this feature. I know when to shift all by myself.

I'm more jealous that Canadian Imprezas have turn signal indicators in their side view mirrors. And they can get HID headlights. And I think they have the fancy center display like the new Forester has. And I think their factory head units are better. And so on.

But they pay much more for their Imprezas up there, so I guess that makes us even.
The CVT (at least the ones with paddles) versions here (Canada) have shift indicators when in M mode (^ and v, if that's what's being referred to).

Not all models here have the turn signal indicators on the mirrors, though. I think that might be a Sport Package (or higher) trim thing. Certainly not on mine (which is a "tour package" trim). The fancy-dancy-pantsy centre display is also a Sport (or higher) trim thing as well. I know I wish I had it.
lymphomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #18197
soobie doo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324017
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Philly Burbs
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

I think the up arrow for the shift indicator comes on briefly when I start my car, at the same time as all the other warning lights.
soobie doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:06 PM   #18198
LGA2011
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 321173
Join Date: May 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lymphomaniac View Post
The CVT (at least the ones with paddles) versions here (Canada) have shift indicators when in M mode (^ and v, if that's what's being referred to).

Not all models here have the turn signal indicators on the mirrors, though. I think that might be a Sport Package (or higher) trim thing. Certainly not on mine (which is a "tour package" trim). The fancy-dancy-pantsy centre display is also a Sport (or higher) trim thing as well. I know I wish I had it.
The turn light on the mirror only come on the Limited model. Although the sport & limited have the center display. The limited hatch model cost 32k. I have the sport sedan & it's 26K without the tax & delivery, etc.
LGA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:14 PM   #18199
sgoldste01
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 322264
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Webster, NY
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sp 5sp
Obs Blk Prl/Drk Gray Mtl

Default

Right. My Sport Premium was approximately $21.5k USD (before taxes).

Last edited by sgoldste01; 06-13-2013 at 07:33 AM.
sgoldste01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:07 PM   #18200
Caocao
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 330507
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ottawa
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Ltd CVT
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGA2011 View Post
The turn light on the mirror only come on the Limited model. Although the sport & limited have the center display. The limited hatch model cost 32k. I have the sport sedan & it's 26K without the tax & delivery, etc.
The price of the limited is actually 27.7k cdn, 32k with taxes maybe?
Caocao is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2012 Impreza STI concept art khaki_man Member's Car Gallery 37 03-15-2011 02:02 AM
Newsflash: 2012 Impreza looks like BigElm's Butt WagonMonster Off-Topic 4 02-28-2011 07:11 PM
2012 Impreza Concept Zakster87 General Community 14 11-17-2010 04:09 PM
Possibly looking into a 2011 or 2012 Impreza? xenonk Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC 1 08-05-2010 09:48 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.