Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday December 9, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Rocky Mountains Impreza Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Rocky Mountains Impreza Club Forum -- RMIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 11:04 AM   #1
JokerDMX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 175664
Join Date: Mar 2008
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
03 WRX
FP Green/Built&Cam'd 2.5L

Default Is this guy serious? Fail Inside

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=14299946

Apparently the penalties for teens getting a DUI are too "stiff".....Are you kidding me? A DUI is a DUI, doesnt matter if your 15 or 40. I hope this guy gets laughed out of his job.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
JokerDMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:56 AM   #2
axleon2
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 154117
Join Date: Jul 2007
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Midvale, Utah
Vehicle:
2003 Forester
PSM

Default

Yeah I read that the other day and thought the same thing...
axleon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:13 PM   #3
BuGS
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 81353
Join Date: Feb 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: East Wenatchee, WA
Vehicle:
06 STI
Blackness...

Default

Retarded....

I bet those kids don't ever drink and drive again.
BuGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:21 PM   #4
aclver1
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 114177
Join Date: May 2006
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SLC utah
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza 2.5rs
70 Datsun Fairlady

Default

so they are not just breakiing one law but two and they want less of a penalty. Good idea, Idiots!!
aclver1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:23 PM   #5
smdandb2
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 70656
Join Date: Sep 2004
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Trampoline Land
Vehicle:
Old Mazda3 Hatch
Shelby Lancer #623

Default

Yeah I read that yesterday and just scratched my head.

If you are 17 and drinking and then decide to drive... you deserve everything that comes your way. It's pretty clear your decision making abilities are not up to par; so please... learn to love the bus.
smdandb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:35 PM   #6
godfather2112
Papi Chulo
Moderator
 
Member#: 53794
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego - A Whales Vagina
Vehicle:
.... Clinton was
behind the Harambe murder

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGS View Post
Retarded....

I bet those kids don't ever drink and drive again.
You would be surprised
godfather2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:37 PM   #7
godfather2112
Papi Chulo
Moderator
 
Member#: 53794
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego - A Whales Vagina
Vehicle:
.... Clinton was
behind the Harambe murder

Default

Also, if you were to read closer, it talks about if a teen has 1 beer, 1 weak ass beer that would maybe get a 8 year old buzzed they get a auto DUI even though they would be under the limit. That does have some merit. If a teen has 1 beer or is under the legal limit but caught, it should just be a possession ticket, not a DUI
godfather2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:41 PM   #8
tphskab
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 114466
Join Date: May 2006
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: South Jordan, UT
Vehicle:
Bowl of
white rice

Default

Yeah, I see where Dan is coming from. Rather than easing the penalties, they should just redefine what is a DUI for teens and adjust the penalties accordingly.

I am NOT condoning or defending teens drinking or anyone drinking and driving, but more clarity on these laws never hurts.
tphskab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:02 PM   #9
r8r4life
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 101464
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Emplyed again=Sucks
Default

F**k those dumb little bastards.If you want to play you have to pay.If that's the law then that's it.They shouldn't change it.Maybe they will learn a lesson and keep them from doing it when they are 21.

Pussification of america just keeps getting stronger and stronger.Maybe they should think about making it more harsh on them to teach them a lesson.Maybe they should send them to dan's house for a week of teen molestation so they will know what it will be like if they end up in prision.
r8r4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:35 PM   #10
06HAWKMAN
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 166626
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: salt lake city utah
Vehicle:
2006 wrx ewg vf39'd
obp

Default

WAIT, so most of you agree that if you have 1 beer when your 16 and get pulled over, that you should loose your license for 5 years???? I have a friend with 3 DUI's and he only lost his for a year.......somethin needs to be done differently
06HAWKMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:45 PM   #11
r8r4life
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 101464
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Emplyed again=Sucks
Default

Yea the habitual idiots like your friend should be getting a harsher penalty.That's the problem they let these dumb f**ks get off so they just keep doing it again and again without learning their lesson.
r8r4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:23 PM   #12
godfather2112
Papi Chulo
Moderator
 
Member#: 53794
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego - A Whales Vagina
Vehicle:
.... Clinton was
behind the Harambe murder

Default

I agree with Les to a extent. Harsher penalties for repeat offenders. How many ****ing times does it take to learn a lesson. However, I do feel that is a better use to my taxes going towards more harsh crimes. If a kid is UNDER the legal limit it should just be a possession ticket. That's it. Not a DUI!
godfather2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:26 PM   #13
Not-EWRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 158043
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SLC
Vehicle:
2013 Wrx Hatch
SWP

Default

When I went to court for peeing in the woods, there where probably 10 DUI people in there with me. 9 out of the 10 got off on some lesser charge or avoided the charge all together. Meanwhile I got my ass handed to me for taking a leak in the wrong place. JUSTICE SERVED.
Not-EWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:30 PM   #14
godfather2112
Papi Chulo
Moderator
 
Member#: 53794
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego - A Whales Vagina
Vehicle:
.... Clinton was
behind the Harambe murder

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post
When I went to court for peeing in the woods, there where probably 10 DUI people in there with me. 9 out of the 10 got off on some lesser charge or avoided the charge all together. Meanwhile I got my ass handed to me for taking a leak in the wrong place. JUSTICE SERVED.
Your tax dollars at work. Utah cops are a joke.
godfather2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:52 PM   #15
///MIKE
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 234460
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Draper, UT
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06HAWKMAN View Post
WAIT, so most of you agree that if you have 1 beer when your 16 and get pulled over, that you should loose your license for 5 years???? I have a friend with 3 DUI's and he only lost his for a year.......somethin needs to be done differently
Exactly... the law is one drop. Not even one beer. 5 years for one drop is ridiculous...
///MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:01 PM   #16
aclver1
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 114177
Join Date: May 2006
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SLC utah
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza 2.5rs
70 Datsun Fairlady

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather2112 View Post
I agree with Les to a extent. Harsher penalties for repeat offenders. How many ****ing times does it take to learn a lesson. However, I do feel that is a better use to my taxes going towards more harsh crimes. If a kid is UNDER the legal limit it should just be a possession ticket. That's it. Not a DUI!
I somewhat agree with this, it probably shouldn't be a DUI but the punisment still fits. Call something else, vehicular MIP or somthing and keep the steep penalty but just keep DUI off the record if they aren't really over the alcohol limit. I got a MIP once when I was 20 and it was bull*****. I was going to a friends house that was over 21 and parked on the street behind is car, and he was carring in grocieries so i grabbed acouple bags and the case of beer. Just happened that and undercover cop drove by and since i was in the street and not on his porperty and underage i got a ticket. I was only like 5 ft away from the drive way but he didn't care. I had to go to court, pay a fine and do 20 hours of community service. I still learned my lession. Do not carry beer for anyone until i was over 21 or unless i was on thier property.
aclver1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:02 PM   #17
ammo0000
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 175401
Join Date: Mar 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Mechanicsville, MD
Vehicle:
2007 VF39'd OBP WRX
2008 Blue Kawi ZX-10R

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather2112 View Post
Your tax dollars at work. Utah cops are a joke.
It's not the cops that determine the sentence. I agree with how things are set up for the <21 kids now. 1 drop gets your license taken away until you're 21. That's the way it needs to be. Kids are stupid and you need to tell them how to be adults. For those that want to tempt fate and drink and drive, lock their asses up, take their license and give them a swift kick in the ass. As for the guy with 3 DUIs, he should be doing time right now. First strike-couple days in jail, fines, loss of license for a 6m to a year and insurance rates go up. Second strike-a month in jail, fines, loss of license for 2 years and insurance rates go up again. Third strike-10 years in jail and permanant loss of license and a swift kick in the nuts to make sure this jack wagon doesn't procreate. /rant
ammo0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:02 PM   #18
JokerDMX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 175664
Join Date: Mar 2008
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
03 WRX
FP Green/Built&Cam'd 2.5L

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather2112 View Post
Also, if you were to read closer, it talks about if a teen has 1 beer, 1 weak ass beer that would maybe get a 8 year old buzzed they get a auto DUI even though they would be under the limit. That does have some merit. If a teen has 1 beer or is under the legal limit but caught, it should just be a possession ticket, not a DUI
I read that part, but if your under 21 and drinking its still breaking the law. Not gonna say i was an angel and never drank under 21, but i never drove after drinking even 1. I dont see anything really wrong with the penalties the way they are. If your underage, dont get all asshurt when you get caught breaking the law, man up and take your punishment
JokerDMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:05 PM   #19
r8r4life
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 101464
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Emplyed again=Sucks
Default

Yes rename it but keep the penalties for it.I would rather see some of my tax dollar keeping stupid drunks off the road than worry about locking up the people that have been caught with an eighth of weed.
r8r4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:30 PM   #20
06HAWKMAN
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 166626
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: salt lake city utah
Vehicle:
2006 wrx ewg vf39'd
obp

Default

Amen reverend
06HAWKMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:38 PM   #21
ashergrey
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 174533
Join Date: Mar 2008
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SLC, UT
Vehicle:
0694 WRXLtd/LegWagon
WRB/Pure White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post
When I went to court for peeing in the woods, there where probably 10 DUI people in there with me. 9 out of the 10 got off on some lesser charge or avoided the charge all together. Meanwhile I got my ass handed to me for taking a leak in the wrong place. JUSTICE SERVED.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerDMX View Post
...dont get all asshurt when you get caught breaking the law, man up and take your punishment
ashergrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:55 PM   #22
Evn2rzn
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 175162
Join Date: Mar 2008
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Low Neptune Orbit
Vehicle:
2015 Econobox GSR
1990 Miata MX-5

Default

I just wanted to comment here, not taking either side. I got a DWI when I was 17 with 0% blood alcohol content and was sent to maximum security at the county jail on $1600.00 bail and was locked up until my arraignment. I cried like a baby that first night in jail whilst listening to the guy bunked below me fap.

I lost my license and was put on probation for a year because there were traces of THC in the blood they took at the hospital. I was completely sober the day of the DWI and I went to jail, lost my job and had to pay thousands before all was said and done. Nevermind the fact that the conviction will haunt me for the rest of my life (will never hold certain licenses.)

I had smoked weed a couple days before the incident but the prosecuting officer stated that the levels were so high in my blood that I must have smoked that day, and therefore DWI.

Now I wasn't a little angel or anything at 17, but damn they really screwed me over.
Evn2rzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:29 PM   #23
06HAWKMAN
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 166626
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: salt lake city utah
Vehicle:
2006 wrx ewg vf39'd
obp

Default

There are no laws that I find even remotely resonable regarding marijuana.
Our country needs to open its eyes
06HAWKMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:35 PM   #24
smdandb2
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 70656
Join Date: Sep 2004
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Trampoline Land
Vehicle:
Old Mazda3 Hatch
Shelby Lancer #623

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evn2rzn View Post
I just wanted to comment here, not taking either side. I got a DWI when I was 17 with 0% blood alcohol content and was sent to maximum security at the county jail on $1600.00 bail and was locked up until my arraignment. I cried like a baby that first night in jail whilst listening to the guy bunked below me fap.

I lost my license and was put on probation for a year because there were traces of THC in the blood they took at the hospital. I was completely sober the day of the DWI and I went to jail, lost my job and had to pay thousands before all was said and done. Nevermind the fact that the conviction will haunt me for the rest of my life (will never hold certain licenses.)

I had smoked weed a couple days before the incident but the prosecuting officer stated that the levels were so high in my blood that I must have smoked that day, and therefore DWI.

Now I wasn't a little angel or anything at 17, but damn they really screwed me over.
There has to be more to this story. It's not that I don't believe you because most of it seems really plausible... but what got you pulled over and DWI'd in the first place? If you smoked weed a few days before and showered sometime the officer would have no idea or probable cause to search.

Also... why didn't you lawyer up?
smdandb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:54 PM   #25
Momosaurus WRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 214737
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Ogden
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerDMX View Post
I read that part, but if your under 21 and drinking its still breaking the law. Not gonna say i was an angel and never drank under 21, but i never drove after drinking even 1. I dont see anything really wrong with the penalties the way they are. If your underage, dont get all asshurt when you get caught breaking the law, man up and take your punishment
+1000000000
Momosaurus WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is this guy serious???? hector Off-Topic 63 10-31-2007 09:22 PM
Is this guy serious?!?!?! Jay04WRX Off-Topic 16 10-12-2005 02:51 PM
is this guy serious? most likely wtlw. scoobydorift Off-Topic 6 12-20-2004 12:21 AM
Is this Guy Serious? Just wanted to share! ejicon General Community 14 12-30-2001 01:17 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2016 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2016, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.