Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday June 30, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Interior & Exterior Modification

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2014, 09:31 AM   #1
04shizzel
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 186206
Join Date: Aug 2008
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: branford, ct
Vehicle:
15 wrx
Ice Silver Metalic

Default 2015 Rally Armor mud flaps

Ordered this morning!!

http://www.rallyarmor.com/index.php/...sedan-c-60_237

Figured some people would find this useful!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
04shizzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 06-06-2014, 10:07 AM   #2
mziol
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 254234
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: NH/MA
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
DGM

Default

Nice! Please update with pics when you get them!

I'm out at $172, will buy when they charge a reasonable price
mziol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:11 AM   #3
dc638
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 193655
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: MA
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
CWP

Default

I am debating what should I get for CWP.

black with red logo or black with silver logo.

Anyway..., anyone who has CWP, below URL to a PhotoBucket album might be a good reference point for you guys. Basically I uploaded all the pictures of white cars with Rally Armors installed into an album.
http://s1175.photobucket.com/user/dc...20White%20Cars
dc638 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:34 AM   #4
04shizzel
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 186206
Join Date: Aug 2008
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: branford, ct
Vehicle:
15 wrx
Ice Silver Metalic

Default

I Agree the price is kina high, but I sold my old ones and used that money and the offset cost wasn't that much. Im just paranoid about kicking up rocks on my new paint! lol
04shizzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:40 AM   #5
dc638
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 193655
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: MA
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
CWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04shizzel View Post
I Agree the price is kina high, but I sold my old ones and used that money and the offset cost wasn't that much. Im just paranoid about kicking up rocks on my new paint! lol
Yea, the price is on the high end but I guess I can justify it consider the number of years I would be using it and how it could protect the paint.
dc638 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:59 AM   #6
Wireeater
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 76503
Join Date: Dec 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: VA
Vehicle:
2015 WRX

Default

Premium price, I'll wait.

I had them on my 2012. For people who drive on mostly highways, do these even really provide much protection? The wheel wells should be reflecting the rocks and what doesn't should be going behind the car. I guess I could understand if your offset was sitting outside of the wheel-well. Can someone with knowledge on this explain?
Wireeater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:25 AM   #7
Lunati
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 387410
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default

I drive 110 miles a day on the highway and got mud flaps ASAP, noticed a big difference.
Lunati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:01 PM   #8
MaTeeChay
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 225480
Join Date: Oct 2009
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Albany NY
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
WRB

Default

That's pretty pricey! I might have to go with RokBlokz. Anyone have experience with RB's?
MaTeeChay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:31 PM   #9
tomtom88
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 388806
Join Date: Apr 2014
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Front Range, Colorado
Vehicle:
2014 Impreza 2.0i
Victorian Red Pearl

Default

Go Gorilla or go home.

On second thought, they may not have them available yet for the 2015.
tomtom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 06:54 PM   #10
OneBadBlob
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 388226
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTeeChay View Post
That's pretty pricey! I might have to go with RokBlokz. Anyone have experience with RB's?
I had the XL's on my old rs. They're stiff but held up just fine for the amount of time I had the car.
OneBadBlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 07:28 PM   #11
BurningDog
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 93533
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New York
Vehicle:
2008 STI
Silver

Default

I went with the RokBlokz, 170 bucks for mudflaps even for the RallyArmor's is a bit much.
BurningDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 07:58 PM   #12
AkRsWagon
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 227477
Join Date: Oct 2009
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: North Pole Ak
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited
Galaxy Blue

Default

Loved the RA's on my 05. Gonna be gettin a pair of these with silver lettering on GBP
AkRsWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:12 PM   #13
BlackDahliaInFlames
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 122821
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Findlay, OH + Cincinnati, OH
Vehicle:
2015 STI Launch Ed.
WRB+Gold

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningDog View Post
I went with the RokBlokz, 170 bucks for mudflaps even for the RallyArmor's is a bit much.
Did you go with the original RB or the shortz? From what I've read you're better off with the shortz even if your car isn't lowered due to scraping.
BlackDahliaInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:30 PM   #14
subie ram
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 390729
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Moorestown, NJ
Vehicle:
2015 WRX STI
CWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc638 View Post
I am debating what should I get for CWP.

black with red logo or black with silver logo.

Anyway..., anyone who has CWP, below URL to a PhotoBucket album might be a good reference point for you guys. Basically I uploaded all the pictures of white cars with Rally Armors installed into an album.
http://s1175.photobucket.com/user/dc...20White%20Cars
I am getting black with red logo for my CWP
subie ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 06:06 PM   #15
BlackDahliaInFlames
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 122821
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Findlay, OH + Cincinnati, OH
Vehicle:
2015 STI Launch Ed.
WRB+Gold

Default

Seems like they should at least have free shipping for the price they charge.
BlackDahliaInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 06:09 PM   #16
just slothing
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 391935
Join Date: May 2014
Vehicle:
2015 wrx

Default

Has anyone tried modding regular Impreza/Forester splash guards to fit the 2015 wrx? I really dislike the I-measured-it-when-I-was-drunk style of rally inspired flaps.
just slothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:03 PM   #17
04shizzel
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 186206
Join Date: Aug 2008
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: branford, ct
Vehicle:
15 wrx
Ice Silver Metalic

Default

Kinda crappy pic, install was a breeze left all 4 wheels on, just had to use jack in the rear to help reach mounting screw. didn't need to pull any trim panels off like in the previous versions.
04shizzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:22 PM   #18
HinshawWRX
Medium Frank
Moderator
 
Member#: 140114
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Common Sense, VA
Vehicle:
2014 Porsche
GT3 (Currently on Fire)

Default

Dat small pic yo!
HinshawWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:26 PM   #19
mrz415
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334988
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Vehicle:
2015 Subaru WRX(CVT)
Ice Silver Metallic (ISM)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04shizzel View Post
Kinda crappy pic, install was a breeze left all 4 wheels on, just had to use jack in the rear to help reach mounting screw. didn't need to pull any trim panels off like in the previous versions.
Good Sir , so if all possible more pictures please but at a higher resolution.

and Rally Armor @ $179 VS RokBloz @ $89

anyone here considering RokBloz for their 2015 ?
mrz415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:42 PM   #20
Rallyarmor
NASIOC Manufacturer
 
Member#: 44856
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: NYC
Vehicle:
1999 Impreza WRX
Rally Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinshawWRX View Post
Dat small pic yo!
We have a few pics from our archives we can share

















Thanks much!
Team R/A
Rallyarmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:54 PM   #21
Rallyarmor
NASIOC Manufacturer
 
Member#: 44856
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: NYC
Vehicle:
1999 Impreza WRX
Rally Blue

Default

As we have been receiving a questions regarding the installation differences between the previous model years, it is important to note that the vehicle lacks proper mounting points particularly in the rear.

The mounting system included with the application will allow for a proper installation procedure - drill free.

Below is a PDF link to the installation instructions of the application

2015+ WRX & STI Sedan Rallyarmor Installation Instructions

Along with a high level diagram/layout of the installation (also found on the instructions)




The precision engineered bracketry allows for a proper install, creating a necessary upper and inner wheel mount in the rear without drilling, as well as a front inner mount/injection molded spacer combination that is adjustable for a variety of future tire/wheel options:



In addition to the mounting system, our setup includes our world renowned UR series mud flaps, which flex easily and yield naturally to road conditions despite extreme cold, hot temperatures, harsh grit, gravel, mud, and snow




Thanks much!
Team R/A
Rallyarmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:57 PM   #22
sc00ter
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 117767
Join Date: Jun 2006
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Denver, CO
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Sedan (6MT)
CWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mziol View Post
Nice! Please update with pics when you get them!

I'm out at $172, will buy when they charge a reasonable price
I can assure you that $172 is a small price to pay in order to keep rock chips off the front area of rear fenders. I wish I had done this day 1 with my STI.
sc00ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 01:04 PM   #23
mrz415
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334988
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Vehicle:
2015 Subaru WRX(CVT)
Ice Silver Metallic (ISM)

Default I am now SOLD on RallyArmor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallyarmor View Post
As we have been receiving a questions regarding the installation differences between the previous model years, it is important to note that the vehicle lacks proper mounting points particularly in the rear.

The mounting system included with the application will allow for a proper installation procedure - drill free.

Below is a PDF link to the installation instructions of the application

2015+ WRX & STI Sedan Rallyarmor Installation Instructions

Along with a high level diagram/layout of the installation (also found on the instructions)




The precision engineered bracketry allows for a proper install, creating a necessary upper and inner wheel mount in the rear without drilling, as well as a front inner mount/injection molded spacer combination that is adjustable for a variety of future tire/wheel options:



In addition to the mounting system, our setup includes our world renowned UR series mud flaps, which flex easily and yield naturally to road conditions despite extreme cold, hot temperatures, harsh grit, gravel, mud, and snow




Thanks much!
Team R/A
I am SOLD, but since I just bought new RIM n lug nuts
I'll just have to Hope for a July 4th sale.

But RallyArmor it is ...
sometimes the most expensive option
is the better option.
mrz415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 01:17 PM   #24
04shizzel
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 186206
Join Date: Aug 2008
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: branford, ct
Vehicle:
15 wrx
Ice Silver Metalic

Default

Thanks To Rally Armor for posting better pictures.. Mine was bad and small
sorry about that! Any way im stoked to have them installed and the shipping was extremely fast, which rocked!
04shizzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 01:43 PM   #25
Sunman222
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 386145
Join Date: Mar 2014
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Portland
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited CVT
Crystal Pearl White

Default


Sunman222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2015, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.