Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday April 20, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Mid Atlantic Impreza Club
Mid Atlantic Impreza Club Forum sponsored by Annapolis Subaru
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 03:44 PM   #2526
stil2stock
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 51870
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Hershey, PA
Vehicle:
06 STI
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvillesti View Post
selling my sti top mount. is 200 a fair price, is it too low?
GR or GD?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
stil2stock is offline  
Old 07-25-2012, 04:51 PM   #2527
cvillesti
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 286843
Join Date: Jun 2011
Default

its for a Gr. 2010
cvillesti is offline  
Old 07-25-2012, 04:52 PM   #2528
cvillesti
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 286843
Join Date: Jun 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scprs View Post
Depends JDM or USDM?
its usdm
cvillesti is offline  
Old 07-25-2012, 07:06 PM   #2529
scprs
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 172359
Join Date: Feb 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: virginia
Vehicle:
2005 STi
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvillesti View Post
its usdm

Id say thats a fair price then
scprs is offline  
Old 07-26-2012, 09:40 AM   #2530
stil2stock
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 51870
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Hershey, PA
Vehicle:
06 STI
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvillesti View Post
selling my sti top mount. is 200 a fair price, is it too low?
It's a very good price - I'm tempted myself...
The GR TMIC makes a good upgrade on the GD cars - it's bigger, and bolts up basically without mod other than some bracket adjustmenting (<--on purpose)
stil2stock is offline  
Old 07-26-2012, 01:01 PM   #2531
cvillesti
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 286843
Join Date: Jun 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stil2stock View Post
It's a very good price - I'm tempted myself...
The GR TMIC makes a good upgrade on the GD cars - it's bigger, and bolts up basically without mod other than some bracket adjustmenting (<--on purpose)
well let me know!! are you local? if you are local and active in the club ten dollar discount haha.
cvillesti is offline  
Old 07-26-2012, 01:35 PM   #2532
richy_21
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 58670
Join Date: Apr 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Behind the scope
Vehicle:
2005 got muuuuu?

Default

Doooo it! If not ill figure out a way to put it on the terdcell.
richy_21 is offline  
Old 07-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #2533
stil2stock
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 51870
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Hershey, PA
Vehicle:
06 STI
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvillesti View Post
well let me know!! are you local? if you are local and active in the club ten dollar discount haha.
Ya, i'm local. Need to update my profile i guess. If I hadn't just gotten a speeding ticket on 81 there would be less debate. I'd also need to tune for it... I'll think about it.
stil2stock is offline  
Old 07-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #2534
richy_21
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 58670
Join Date: Apr 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Behind the scope
Vehicle:
2005 got muuuuu?

Default

No tune on that. Won't make that much of a difference. Unlike front mounts.
Sorry to hear about your ticket
richy_21 is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 08:51 AM   #2535
Mxbarry
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 146837
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STi WRB
98 Eclipse GSX

Default

Saw the Turbotech guy this morning on 29, but he didn't seem to want to wave (unless I missed it while watching traffic). Sounded darn good tho.

Last edited by Mxbarry; 07-27-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Mxbarry is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 12:54 PM   #2536
cvillesti
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 286843
Join Date: Jun 2011
Default

I think he has equal length headers!! so I dont want any boo hissing when I get mine. haha
cvillesti is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 01:10 PM   #2537
stil2stock
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 51870
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Hershey, PA
Vehicle:
06 STI
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvillesti View Post
I think he has equal length headers!! so I dont want any boo hissing when I get mine. haha
boo hiss
stil2stock is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 01:11 PM   #2538
stil2stock
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 51870
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Hershey, PA
Vehicle:
06 STI
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by richy_21 View Post
No tune on that. Won't make that much of a difference. Unlike front mounts.
so many things wrong with this...I...I don't even..
stil2stock is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #2539
cvillesti
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 286843
Join Date: Jun 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stil2stock View Post
boo hiss
the uel sound good...but the el make usable power across the entire powerband...and for some reason I like the way it sounds.
cvillesti is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #2540
stil2stock
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 51870
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Hershey, PA
Vehicle:
06 STI
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvillesti View Post
the uel sound good...but the el make usable power across the entire powerband...and for some reason I like the way it sounds.
They do make power...until they crack. Which header are you getting?
I'm hoping to get a PnP stocker with larger Xover and uppipe soon, just for the faster spool and better torque curve.
stil2stock is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 02:18 PM   #2541
cvillesti
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 286843
Join Date: Jun 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stil2stock View Post
They do make power...until they crack. Which header are you getting?
I'm hoping to get a PnP stocker with larger Xover and uppipe soon, just for the faster spool and better torque curve.
I was thinking about gt spec to save money. but decided to save money and get the full race 1.5 scroll header w/ an ewg. (lifetime warranty) even if you coat them and wrap them. if Killer b offers an ewg option any time soon I would go with them..cause I do my best to support local buisness and community if at all possible.
cvillesti is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 02:58 PM   #2542
stil2stock
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 51870
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Hershey, PA
Vehicle:
06 STI
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvillesti View Post
I was thinking about gt spec to save money. but decided to save money and get the full race 1.5 scroll header w/ an ewg. (lifetime warranty) even if you coat them and wrap them. if Killer b offers an ewg option any time soon I would go with them..cause I do my best to support local buisness and community if at all possible.
NICE. those are the only aftermarket header I've NOT heard of cracking. My friends and tuner at Agile always recommends Full Race or OEM for headers.
stil2stock is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #2543
KillerBMotorsport
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 198281
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stil2stock View Post
They do make power...until they crack. Which header are you getting?
I'm hoping to get a PnP stocker with larger Xover and uppipe soon, just for the faster spool and better torque curve.
B-u-t... O-E-M d-o C-R-A-C-K

KillerBMotorsport is online now  
Old 07-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #2544
KillerBMotorsport
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 198281
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Default

In all seriousness... When it comes to a high performance application, the material is going to eventually fail if it's not rated for the temps it's running at. As far as I know, we are the ONLY manufacturer that has not experienced a crack or had other wierdo problems.
KillerBMotorsport is online now  
Old 07-27-2012, 05:09 PM   #2545
stil2stock
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 51870
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Hershey, PA
Vehicle:
06 STI
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBMotorsport View Post
In all seriousness... When it comes to a high performance application, the material is going to eventually fail if it's not rated for the temps it's running at. As far as I know, we are the ONLY manufacturer that has not experienced a crack or had other wierdo problems.
huh, I'd never seen an OEM manifold crack. Obviously, under the right stress, anything could fail. And I'll addend my previous statement - I've never seen/heard of the Full Race OR the KillerB header cracking (I just don't know anyone personally using yours yet).

For those of us on tight budgets, a PnP OEM is a much better option than the cheaper aftermarket headers - even IF an OEM unit cracked, it would be super cheap to replace.
stil2stock is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 05:28 PM   #2546
KillerBMotorsport
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 198281
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stil2stock View Post
They do make power...until they crack. Which header are you getting?
I'm hoping to get a PnP stocker with larger Xover and uppipe soon, just for the faster spool and better torque curve.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stil2stock View Post
huh, I'd never seen an OEM manifold crack. Obviously, under the right stress, anything could fail. And I'll addend my previous statement - I've never seen/heard of the Full Race OR the KillerB header cracking (I just don't know anyone personally using yours yet).

For those of us on tight budgets, a PnP OEM is a much better option than the cheaper aftermarket headers - even IF an OEM unit cracked, it would be super cheap to replace.
When you live in this field you tend to see it all, including what many consider the holy grail of headers cracking too. It doesn't matter how thick the 304 stainless is, or if Zeus himself forged them, 304 is still not rated at the temperatures you see these engines pushing and thickness doesn't change that characteristic, it only postpones the inevitable.

I've been on a tight budget myself and always bought high quality parts like headers used. IMO, the absolute best bang for the buck performance wise especially compared to a factory manifold, ported or not. You have a good point about replacing a 'piece' of the factory manifold, but I don't think most of us plan on being on a tight budget forever.
KillerBMotorsport is online now  
Old 07-27-2012, 06:06 PM   #2547
DaveyPetey
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 239944
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle, WA
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
Silver

Default

PnP stock headers with high flow x-pipe actually will reduce spool, mpg, and power. There is a really good write up on it here on a thread talking about 18g-xt vs 18g-XTR turbos.... I think Maxwell Power was the guy commenting on it.
DaveyPetey is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 10:13 PM   #2548
cvillesti
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 286843
Join Date: Jun 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyPetey View Post
PnP stock headers with high flow x-pipe actually will reduce spool, mpg, and power. There is a really good write up on it here on a thread talking about 18g-xt vs 18g-XTR turbos.... I think Maxwell Power was the guy commenting on it.
reduce power
cvillesti is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #2549
mrjcotten
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 241953
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: CVILLE, VA
Vehicle:
02 hybrid/6speed
01 2.5 RS sedan

Default

I could see reduced spool because of decrease in velocity caused by larger piping.
Would definitely expect to see higher peak hp numbers though right? (because of increased flow efficiency at higher rpms).
Just my $0.02 of speculation. :-)

Last edited by mrjcotten; 07-29-2012 at 12:49 PM.
mrjcotten is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 11:39 AM   #2550
DaveyPetey
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 239944
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle, WA
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
Silver

Default

Yeah peak numbers would potentially be better. Sounds like for the 2L though the PNP and X-pipe is never a good idea. I'll try to find the thread.
DaveyPetey is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Charlottesville crew: check in Boogalo Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC 5932 03-17-2011 07:47 PM
Cobb Accessport V2.0 in stock @ GNV -- ready to ship! GNV Motorsports Engine/Power/Exhaust 15 01-16-2007 01:12 PM
Cobb Tuning AccessPorts V2.0 In Stock !!!, Get them before XMAS !!! RallySport Direct Engine/Power/Exhaust 0 12-19-2006 02:06 AM
1 Cobb Accessport for 2006 STi in stock -- brand new. Not V2.0 GNV Motorsports Engine/Power/Exhaust 2 11-13-2006 12:09 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.