Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday July 11, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Mid Atlantic Impreza Club
Mid Atlantic Impreza Club Forum sponsored by Annapolis Subaru
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2011, 06:09 PM   #1426
Boogalo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 77435
Join Date: Dec 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Charlottesville
Vehicle:
04 WRX Wagon Stg2
'94 Miata Project

Default

bruce, you'll probably get rid of the hatch before you make it to another meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmants View Post
wont be there either. You may want to post to the facebook page and let them know where the meet is....
i did. there's an event with he location
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Boogalo is offline  
Old 11-11-2011, 06:27 PM   #1427
Mr.Krinkle
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 109623
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Waynesboro, VA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogalo
bruce, you'll probably get rid of the hatch before you make it to another meet
No. I've wanted a hatch for awhile. So I say ill keep it for about 3-4years.
Mr.Krinkle is offline  
Old 11-11-2011, 07:42 PM   #1428
07ugmwrx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 216059
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Stumptown USA
Vehicle:
07 WRX / 03 Legacy
85 Toyota 4x4

Default

I know Bob's is a rip. Just figured I'd give em' a chance to see. Two years ago when I got tires from there it was close with online prices so I gave them local business. (I work local retail).

Recently not so much, I'll pick them up on the cheap then get them mounted.
07ugmwrx is offline  
Old 11-11-2011, 07:47 PM   #1429
Smurftastic
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 243697
Join Date: Apr 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
02 Stg2+ WRX
Top Scoob 031

Default

So it was just Barry and me tonight, but the new garage is great. In fact, maybe better than the last one.

Saw a lowered 04/05 CGW WRX with black/silver wheels on our way out. Looked really low because it was full of people
Smurftastic is online now  
Old 11-11-2011, 10:05 PM   #1430
Mxbarry
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 146837
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STi WRB
98 Eclipse GSX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurftastic View Post
So it was just Barry and me tonight, but the new garage is great. In fact, maybe better than the last one.

Saw a lowered 04/05 CGW WRX with black/silver wheels on our way out. Looked really low because it was full of people
Dave, me and the entire UVa marching band which was practicing on Carr's Hill field. The Culbreth garage is nice, tho.

Geez, I never saw that WRX, Dave. I guess my mind was focused on Christian's Pizza.
Mxbarry is offline  
Old 11-12-2011, 09:45 AM   #1431
Smurftastic
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 243697
Join Date: Apr 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
02 Stg2+ WRX
Top Scoob 031

Default

It was behind you. We were playing
Smurftastic is online now  
Old 11-12-2011, 12:22 PM   #1432
derilict
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 236549
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Vehicle:
2007 WRX Wagon STish
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Krinkle View Post
So does anyone wanna attack my miata killer this winter with me?
List of things to do:
Rear disc conversion
Head swap with obd1 conversion
Transmission swap
Replacing all bushings
Dash flocking
Various brace installs
Clutch and flywheel install
Pads and rotors
Clutch master cylinder
Fastline extended shifter
Rear camber kit

I think that's all.
Woot. How's the Teg doin?
derilict is offline  
Old 11-12-2011, 12:30 PM   #1433
derilict
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 236549
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Vehicle:
2007 WRX Wagon STish
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazonparrot View Post
so I finally got tired of my sub-box sliding around....lets see if it comes free NOW!

used little L joints to screw into liner and box...
Nice. I was thinking the exact same thing for my car--just some little L brackets. But then I realized I bought a wagon for a reason, and it would be a bitch to unscrew the box to take it out every time I want to fold the seats down and haul some junk. So I went to Micheal's and bought be some velcro sticky tape stuff and stuck it to the bottom of my box. Quick in/out now. No more box slidy when Scooby goes slidy.
derilict is offline  
Old 11-12-2011, 12:33 PM   #1434
derilict
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 236549
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Vehicle:
2007 WRX Wagon STish
WRB

Default

So, it's time to sneak up on "Stage II" on my way to a custom tune (hopefully in the spring).

Anyone got a cat-less DP they would rather turn in to some Benjamins?
derilict is offline  
Old 11-12-2011, 01:48 PM   #1435
MSP608
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 149631
Join Date: May 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Charlottesville, Va
Vehicle:
ST-3 STi
2.3L Evo

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Krinkle View Post
So does anyone wanna attack my miata killer this winter with me?
List of things to do:
Rear disc conversion
Head swap with obd1 conversion
Transmission swap
Replacing all bushings
Dash flocking
Various brace installs
Clutch and flywheel install
Pads and rotors
Clutch master cylinder
Fastline extended shifter
Rear camber kit

I think that's all.
At this point I'd almost rather help you do that whole list then ehf with the Evo anymore. I got her all together the other night, went to fire the engine up the first time and I have a massive oil leak. I don't think I pressed my rear oil seal all the way in or something, now I have to take pretty much everything back out.

Last edited by MSP608; 11-12-2011 at 02:24 PM.
MSP608 is offline  
Old 11-12-2011, 03:14 PM   #1436
mrjcotten
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 241953
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: CVILLE, VA
Vehicle:
02 hybrid/6speed
01 2.5 RS sedan

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by derilict

Nice. I was thinking the exact same thing for my car--just some little L brackets. But then I realized I bought a wagon for a reason, and it would be a bitch to unscrew the box to take it out every time I want to fold the seats down and haul some junk. So I went to Micheal's and bought be some velcro sticky tape stuff and stuck it to the bottom of my box. Quick in/out now. No more box slidy when Scooby goes slidy.

I had the same thought, but I just used a little bungee cord to tie the sub down to the little cargo hooks on the floor in my wagon. Works great.
mrjcotten is offline  
Old 11-12-2011, 03:16 PM   #1437
mrjcotten
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 241953
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: CVILLE, VA
Vehicle:
02 hybrid/6speed
01 2.5 RS sedan

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by derilict
So, it's time to sneak up on "Stage II" on my way to a custom tune (hopefully in the spring).

Anyone got a cat-less DP they would rather turn in to some Benjamins?
No but I do have an SRS cat back angle exit cannon you could have for cheap
mrjcotten is offline  
Old 11-12-2011, 09:24 PM   #1438
Mxbarry
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 146837
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STi WRB
98 Eclipse GSX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurftastic View Post
It was behind you. We were playing
And my mirror was too dark to see. No wonder...
Mxbarry is offline  
Old 11-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #1439
mrjcotten
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 241953
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: CVILLE, VA
Vehicle:
02 hybrid/6speed
01 2.5 RS sedan

Default

Just bought out walmart's supply of rotella t6
mrjcotten is offline  
Old 11-12-2011, 09:51 PM   #1440
Mr.Krinkle
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 109623
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Waynesboro, VA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSP608

At this point I'd almost rather help you do that whole list then ehf with the Evo anymore. I got her all together the other night, went to fire the engine up the first time and I have a massive oil leak. I don't think I pressed my rear oil seal all the way in or something, now I have to take pretty much everything back out.
Come over and enjoy the heated garage.
Mr.Krinkle is offline  
Old 11-12-2011, 11:35 PM   #1441
squirrely_sti_chick
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 295998
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza WRX Sti
blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurftastic View Post
So it was just Barry and me tonight, but the new garage is great. In fact, maybe better than the last one.

Saw a lowered 04/05 CGW WRX with black/silver wheels on our way out. Looked really low because it was full of people

Sorry I couldn't make it to the meet. I had to pick up my diesel in Madison and couldn't make it in time. I'll definately try to make the next one.
squirrely_sti_chick is offline  
Old 11-13-2011, 12:28 AM   #1442
Rallye_Ghost
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 297465
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Roanoke, Va.
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Limited
DGM

Default

I'm not far from you guys. I think I'll try to make it down to one of your meets!
Rallye_Ghost is offline  
Old 11-13-2011, 12:31 AM   #1443
MSP608
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 149631
Join Date: May 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Charlottesville, Va
Vehicle:
ST-3 STi
2.3L Evo

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Krinkle View Post
Come over and enjoy the heated garage.
Heated and garage are two things I've not enjoyed in quite some time while working on a car. I've been slumming it in my culdesac with the only heat coming from my big lamp and using a giant sheet of cardboard on the ground so I don't tear up my back.
MSP608 is offline  
Old 11-13-2011, 07:32 AM   #1444
Mr.Krinkle
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 109623
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Waynesboro, VA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSP608

Heated and garage are two things I've not enjoyed in quite some time while working on a car. I've been slumming it in my culdesac with the only heat coming from my big lamp and using a giant sheet of cardboard on the ground so I don't tear up my back.
Well be using my parents unattached garage or my buddy jacks paint shop. Both have killer heat.

Propane and propane accessories ......
Mr.Krinkle is offline  
Old 11-13-2011, 10:08 AM   #1445
MSP608
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 149631
Join Date: May 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Charlottesville, Va
Vehicle:
ST-3 STi
2.3L Evo

Default

You ought to ask Brix to use his place. His has heat AND a pit!
MSP608 is offline  
Old 11-13-2011, 02:25 PM   #1446
derilict
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 236549
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Vehicle:
2007 WRX Wagon STish
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Krinkle View Post
Well be using my parents unattached garage or my buddy jacks paint shop. Both have killer heat.

Propane and propane accessories ......
Damn it Bobby
derilict is offline  
Old 11-13-2011, 03:36 PM   #1447
Mr.Krinkle
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 109623
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Waynesboro, VA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSP608
You ought to ask Brix to use his place. His has heat AND a pit!
By pit you mean to work on cars?
Mr.Krinkle is offline  
Old 11-13-2011, 03:38 PM   #1448
Mr.Krinkle
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 109623
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Waynesboro, VA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by derilict

Damn it Bobby
That's more beautiful than a propane tank in the sunrise .......bawaaaaaaaaah! !!!!
Mr.Krinkle is offline  
Old 11-13-2011, 04:53 PM   #1449
MSP608
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 149631
Join Date: May 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Charlottesville, Va
Vehicle:
ST-3 STi
2.3L Evo

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Krinkle View Post
By pit you mean to work on cars?
Yeeeaah buddy!
MSP608 is offline  
Old 11-13-2011, 06:45 PM   #1450
Mr.Krinkle
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 109623
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Waynesboro, VA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSP608 View Post
Yeeeaah buddy!
Tempting,but its a honda, I can one hand press the tranny. Jackstands will get it plenty high to work under.
Mr.Krinkle is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Charlottesville crew: check in Boogalo Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC 5932 03-17-2011 07:47 PM
Cobb Accessport V2.0 in stock @ GNV -- ready to ship! GNV Motorsports Engine/Power/Exhaust 15 01-16-2007 01:12 PM
Cobb Tuning AccessPorts V2.0 In Stock !!!, Get them before XMAS !!! RallySport Direct Engine/Power/Exhaust 0 12-19-2006 02:06 AM
1 Cobb Accessport for 2006 STi in stock -- brand new. Not V2.0 GNV Motorsports Engine/Power/Exhaust 2 11-13-2006 12:09 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.