Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 28, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > Open Source Reflashes

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-01-2015, 07:27 PM   #1
Bahaa425
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 384641
Default Rich AF Learning view

Hey would you all mind looking at my learning view? from what it looks like to me, i have a boost leak somewhere causing it to advance timing and run rich. The iam is at 11, might be because I've only put 40 miles after reseting the ecu but i dont know. Also the tune calls for 17psi but the waste gate is currently at 14.5psi (not sure if that makes a difference). The car spools fast, and pulls strong, the spool is crazy loud and almost becomes a sort of whistle at wot. It could be the port and polish or i could have a boost leak. The insides of the housings were where mirror like. If you all have any insight on what i should do next in my tune it would be greatly appreciated!

The cars is as followed

jdm ej20t
catless upipe, downpipe, midpipe
Spt cai
Spt catback
silicone inlet
PNP td04
XPT stage 2 flash

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0K...Y3QXhTVTA/view
Bahaa425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2015, 09:25 AM   #2
Bahaa425
Scooby Newbie

Hopefully you guys with experience will see this and let me know if I've gone wrong somewhere
Old 08-02-2015, 02:47 PM   #3
Bahaa425
Scooby Newbie

Seeing anything?
Old 08-03-2015, 03:17 PM   #4
fenix-silver
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 231700
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon
WRB

That doesn't look very good. Your fuel trims indicate that the ECU is removing fuel due to the tune being rich. And at 40 miles, the IAM should have gone up I believe. If you have a post MAF air leak, your ECU would be adding fuel, not removing it. FYI, I had an XPT stage 2 tune and my car hated it. Got an e-tune instead. Way better.
fenix-silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 03:18 PM   #5
Bahaa425
Scooby Newbie

Old 08-03-2015, 03:18 PM   #6
Bahaa425
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenix-silver View Post
That doesn't look very good. Your fuel trims indicate that the ECU is removing fuel due to the tune being rich. And at 40 miles, the IAM should have gone up I believe. If you have a post MAF air leak, your ECU would be adding fuel, not removing it. FYI, I had an XPT stage 2 tune and my car hated it. Got an e-tune instead. Way better.

Yea im not really liking this tune, who should i contact about the etune?
Old 08-04-2015, 09:26 AM   #7
fenix-silver
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon
WRB

If you look around the forums you should be able to find some highly rated tuners. FYI, I have similar mods as you and I was pretty much maxing out the stock injectors, so you may want to upgrade to some higher flowing ones (the 565cc injectors from the later WRX/STIs are pretty cheap used). Also, an EBCS would be a decent idea as well since it is better at controlling boost. I run about 20 PSI on my TD04.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:42 AM   #8
Bahaa425
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenix-silver View Post
If you look around the forums you should be able to find some highly rated tuners. FYI, I have similar mods as you and I was pretty much maxing out the stock injectors, so you may want to upgrade to some higher flowing ones (the 565cc injectors from the later WRX/STIs are pretty cheap used). Also, an EBCS would be a decent idea as well since it is better at controlling boost. I run about 20 PSI on my TD04.

I would totally consider bigger injectors if I thought that'd help, but from looking at my learning view it seems it's removing fuel because there is too much.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:35 PM   #9
fenix-silver
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon
WRB

Injectors have nothing to do with what you are seeing in LV. If you have the 440cc injectors in there now, once you get a good tune, you will likely be pushing the limits of them. For reference, I was hitting 105% duty cycle on my stock injectors. Not a great place to be.