Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 31, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2012, 07:10 PM   #5876
Postoloff
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324882
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: South Bend, Indiana
Vehicle:
2011 STi
DGM

Default

I pulled into Wal-Mart a few nights ago with some guys standing outside. One asked if my STi was "one of them new Toyotas". I said no it's a Subaru. We proceeded to talk, and then he started telling me about his car. Apparently his mid 1980s Honda sounds just like my STi because he has a hole in the cat-back. I just proceeded to nod my head, and tuned him out. I didn't know to laugh or cry. I'm not a mean person, and will hold a conversation with just about anyone, but this one was almost too much.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Postoloff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:26 PM   #5877
DSM3577
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 298237
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2011 STi 4dr Stg 1+
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postoloff View Post
I pulled into Wal-Mart a few nights ago with some guys standing outside. One asked if my STi was "one of them new Toyotas". I said no it's a Subaru. We proceeded to talk, and then he started telling me about his car. Apparently his mid 1980s Honda sounds just like my STi because he has a hole in the cat-back. I just proceeded to nod my head, and tuned him out. I didn't know to laugh or cry. I'm not a mean person, and will hold a conversation with just about anyone, but this one was almost too much.
You sir are a much better man than I... I would have probably laughed in his face and drove away. Then again, I'm also a bit of a douche.
DSM3577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #5878
Kevwa451
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 314408
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Upstate NY
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Stage 2
SWP

Default

Had the owner of the company I work for come outside and ask why my car sounded like a chainsaw, I said when's the last time a chainsaw rattled the windows in your office from the parking lot? He still tells people that my car sounds like a chainsaw. That's about it other than is it fast? And a friend of mine with an '03 Honda Accord Vtec V6 want's to race me and thinks it'll be a good race. He thinks his vtec is comparable to the turbo. He's willing to bet 10 bucks even though I gave him the hp and weight differences. So I may do it just to take his money.
Kevwa451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:47 PM   #5879
corvid
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 300097
Join Date: Nov 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM3577 View Post
You sir are a much better man than I... I would have probably laughed in his face and drove away. Then again, I'm also a bit of a douche.
Yeah, but you never know who is armed, dangerous, nuts, etc. I generally take the stance that if they are within range, know where I live, know where I spend a lot of time (gym, etc), then I am Mr. Niceguy.

My 80 year old family friend keeps asking me about my car. He called me out on the exhaust, asking if it were really 4 pipes or just one that goes to a muffler then splits to 4, lol. He also asked about the turbo, etc...then again he knows the mathematics and physics behind all of it.

Apparently the exhaust (spt) hits a note that makes it almost deafening to people with hearing aids. He says he can hear me way in advance since its so "damned loud" lol.
corvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:48 PM   #5880
Didntgotoharvard
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 309727
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Limited
Red

Default

The more I read this thread, the more I notice that half of these stories happen in a Walmart parking lot.
Didntgotoharvard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:19 PM   #5881
Lightwysh
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324799
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Lakewood, CO
Default

Mine is still in transit but today I let my daughter(12) play gt5 and she went and found the sti that looks like my 5dr. She starts racing it around. Accidentally hits the horn and says "that's a funny sounding horn". Instantly went to my computer and put some Hellas in my shopping cart.
Lightwysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:33 PM   #5882
theoutbackdream
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 301179
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Mountain View, California
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevwa451
Had the owner of the company I work for come outside and ask why my car sounded like a chainsaw, I said when's the last time a chainsaw rattled the windows in your office from the parking lot? He still tells people that my car sounds like a chainsaw. That's about it other than is it fast? And a friend of mine with an '03 Honda Accord Vtec V6 want's to race me and thinks it'll be a good race. He thinks his vtec is comparable to the turbo. He's willing to bet 10 bucks even though I gave him the hp and weight differences. So I may do it just to take his money.
Race for pinks and make him watch you crush his car. Lol!!!!!!
theoutbackdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:23 PM   #5883
dwong506
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324702
Join Date: Jun 2012
Vehicle:
04 Forester XT 5MT

Default

After showing some of the guys at work the FXT I just picked up:

Hahaha a young guy with a wagon! Why would you want that?

I didn't bother explaining why this was the exact car I wanted, but I'll be enjoying it every day as my dd, winter cruiser, and tow rig when I need to bring my racebike to trackdays. Have to leave them with something to laugh about, the poor old guys!
dwong506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:39 PM   #5884
Jester808
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 166085
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Houston, TX
Vehicle:
2010 STI OBP S.E.
05 FXT Stg.3|06 LGT Stg.2

Default

McDonalds window girl said my car looked like the batmobile.

Other than that I usually get 'nice car' from the girls, and glares from their bf's

And a lot of **** talkers who say my car is slow/sounds like a lawnmower/blah blah blah. They all end up eating there own words. I cant believe how stupid people are sometimes. "That 4 banger has 300hp?! Impossible!!".
Jester808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:59 PM   #5885
RoadKillDMD
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 284792
Join Date: Jun 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Vanilla Valley, CO
Vehicle:
2011 STI
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester808

Other than that I usually get 'nice car' from the girls, and glares from their bf's
I usually get 'Your car is soooo CUTE!!!'

RoadKillDMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:30 PM   #5886
assasain
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 323978
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: North Dakota
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STi
Aspen white

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester808 View Post
McDonalds window girl said my car looked like the batmobile.

Other than that I usually get 'nice car' from the girls, and glares from their bf's

And a lot of **** talkers who say my car is slow/sounds like a lawnmower/blah blah blah. They all end up eating there own words. I cant believe how stupid people are sometimes. "That 4 banger has 300hp?! Impossible!!".

when will people understand that 4 cylinders are capable of just as much power as any V6, V8........ ignorance is bliss I guess
assasain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:58 PM   #5887
Timithy82
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 293462
Join Date: Sep 2011
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Premium 4DR
DGM

Default

"wow nice car?!?!?!? You put all this stuff on it?"
No its stock from the factory

"oh nice, you put them.wheels.on there?? I like those wheels."

No its stock

" no way!?!? You upgraded the spoiler and the front bumper!?!?"

No dude its all stock from the factory!

" oh okay. Man im gonna turbo my Accord"

Cool dude... Lolol

People get overly excited cuz they see a nice car.. It is nice though!!!
Timithy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:40 AM   #5888
Postoloff
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324882
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: South Bend, Indiana
Vehicle:
2011 STi
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timithy82 View Post
"wow nice car?!?!?!? You put all this stuff on it?"
No its stock from the factory

"oh nice, you put them.wheels.on there?? I like those wheels."

No its stock

" no way!?!? You upgraded the spoiler and the front bumper!?!?"

No dude its all stock from the factory!

" oh okay. Man im gonna turbo my Accord"

Cool dude... Lolol

People get overly excited cuz they see a nice car.. It is nice though!!!
That was actually part of the Wal-Mart run in I had that I posted about. He was like well I saw the temp plate and figured you just already had all of that and put it on the car when you picked it up. I was like nope I haven't done anything to it. Then he started talking about everything he was going to do to his mid 80's Honda that doesn't run right.


Quote:
Originally Posted by corvid View Post
Yeah, but you never know who is armed, dangerous, nuts, etc. I generally take the stance that if they are within range, know where I live, know where I spend a lot of time (gym, etc), then I am Mr. Niceguy.

My 80 year old family friend keeps asking me about my car. He called me out on the exhaust, asking if it were really 4 pipes or just one that goes to a muffler then splits to 4, lol. He also asked about the turbo, etc...then again he knows the mathematics and physics behind all of it.

Apparently the exhaust (spt) hits a note that makes it almost deafening to people with hearing aids. He says he can hear me way in advance since its so "damned loud" lol.
The same reason I don't start crap. You don't know who is armed. Plus living in Indiana we hand out carrying permits like candy on Halloween. It was about 1:30am & figured I'd be Mr. Niceguy as well.
Postoloff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:42 AM   #5889
gregroot198521
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280844
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: hEll Paso
Vehicle:
2006 STi
OBP

Default

Got asked what happened to my car today by the stupid high-schooler bimbo at the Arby's drive-through last night. I went mudding, so my car is obviously muddy, and she couldn't seem to understand the concept of driving through mud. I'm starting to wonder if kids these days are getting stupider or am I just getting jaded.

Also got props from some of the guys at the meet on my "new paint job". Obviously it was the mud from my fun time still.
gregroot198521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:53 AM   #5890
05subysti
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268190
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: central tx
Vehicle:
2005 STi
RWD, 18x10.5/12.5s

Default

Guy: "you sure have a a nice car"
Me: "thanks"
Guy: "is it twin turbo or super charged?"
Me: "jokingly I said none. It's non turbo"
Guy: "oh I figured it was slow"

I just laughed and walked away.
05subysti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:19 AM   #5891
DSM3577
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 298237
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2011 STi 4dr Stg 1+
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didntgotoharvard View Post
The more I read this thread, the more I notice that half of these stories happen in a Walmart parking lot.
Or McDonald's drive thru's...
DSM3577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:36 AM   #5892
theoutbackdream
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 301179
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Mountain View, California
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregroot198521
Got asked what happened to my car today by the stupid high-schooler bimbo at the Arby's drive-through last night. I went mudding, so my car is obviously muddy, and she couldn't seem to understand the concept of driving through mud. I'm starting to wonder if kids these days are getting stupider or am I just getting jaded.

Also got props from some of the guys at the meet on my "new paint job". Obviously it was the mud from my fun time still.
Yes "kids" my age are getting dumber... They have no common sense because their brain is straight from,a magazine.. Ask them what 2+2 is and they won't know. Ask then what dress is popular, they will ramble like no tomorrow and go indepth like a historian. Lol
theoutbackdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:03 PM   #5893
Timithy82
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 293462
Join Date: Sep 2011
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Premium 4DR
DGM

Default

A froup of friends did a double take when one friend we havent seen in a while, pops out a funny question..

" you still got that toyota?!"

Everyone else was like whuuuut!?

Its funny but he's not car savvy.. So I just gave a chuckle. Didnt wanna hurt no feelins.. Haha
Timithy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:35 PM   #5894
super_usdm
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 286211
Join Date: Jun 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Sacramento, CA
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
1993 Legacy SS

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by easterbran

Nah man Zeyron
Veyron?
super_usdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #5895
easterbran
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 307359
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Tyrone,GA
Vehicle:
'05 STi Stage II
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_usdm

Veyron?
I'm kidding lol. Combined Veyron and Zonda like the guy combined Bugatti and pagani into pagatti
easterbran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:42 PM   #5896
super_usdm
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 286211
Join Date: Jun 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Sacramento, CA
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
1993 Legacy SS

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by easterbran

I'm kidding lol. Combined Veyron and Zonda like the guy combined Bugatti and pagani into pagatti
If I could insert a with my phone, I would. I'm feeling mentally sluggish today as a result of last nights binge drinking.
super_usdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #5897
easterbran
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 307359
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Tyrone,GA
Vehicle:
'05 STi Stage II
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_usdm

If I could insert a with my phone, I would. I'm feeling mentally sluggish today as a result of last nights binge drinking.
Hahaha I dont blame you
easterbran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:52 PM   #5898
overb00st
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 297501
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Detroit MI
Vehicle:
04 WRX
PSM

Default

The girl at the taco bell drive through looked at my STi seats and goes "those are cool seat covers where'd you get them from"
overb00st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:00 PM   #5899
Timithy82
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 293462
Join Date: Sep 2011
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Premium 4DR
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by overb00st
The girl at the taco bell drive through looked at my STi seats and goes "those are cool seat covers where'd you get them from"
LOL!!!
Timithy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:10 AM   #5900
gregroot198521
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280844
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: hEll Paso
Vehicle:
2006 STi
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by overb00st
The girl at the taco bell drive through looked at my STi seats and goes "those are cool seat covers where'd you get them from"
Let me guess; she was a teenager?
gregroot198521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Funniest or most unexpected thing you've heard/seen your parents do fokai Off-Topic 41 07-15-2012 01:59 PM
Whats the funniest slang term(s) you've heard? imprezaf Off-Topic 190 01-10-2012 11:50 PM
Funniest phrases/questions you've heard about your Subie DarkDvr General Community 15341 03-23-2011 10:54 AM
Funniest phrases/questions you've heard about your audio/video system? mechanizeddeath Car Audio, Video & Security 11 04-07-2009 09:06 AM
Funniest phrases/questions you've heard about your Subie II DarkDvr General Community 0 04-19-2007 04:09 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.