Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday July 29, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #8526
tibug
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 273906
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Nonsense Poopy Pants!
Vehicle:
2003 Outback
RUST

Default

I sold my Impreza OBS to a guy from Queens. He picked it up at my place and saw my '03 Outback parked in the grass.

"You like wagons don't you?"
"Yea I do, they're practical for me."
He does this little shrug and makes a face as if he just bit into something sour.
"Yea...but I don't think you can do anything to them to make them look cool."
I laugh. "You're probably right there."
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
tibug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #8527
MUscooby
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 86019
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Stg 1
World Rally Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoe141 View Post
They were walking by my car as I was leaving work.


Your guess is as good as mine. I'm assuming they were trying to be funny.
I used to know a guy who would fake like he was gonna stomp on the hood of my car just because he knew it irritated me. Stopped hanging out with him. Don't miss him.
MUscooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:25 PM   #8528
skatin707
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 251552
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: HIIC
Location: Honolulu, HI
Vehicle:
2014 FXT
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibug View Post
I sold my Impreza OBS to a guy from Queens. He picked it up at my place and saw my '03 Outback parked in the grass.

"You like wagons don't you?"
"Yea I do, they're practical for me."
He does this little shrug and makes a face as if he just bit into something sour.
"Yea...but I don't think you can do anything to them to make them look cool."
I laugh. "You're probably right there."
I love wagons. So practical! My new foz is perfect for me and it's decently quick.

Last night I was talking to this chick I'm going to work for. She has a 2013 wrx and thinks it's God. She just doesn't understand foresters and wagons. So sad.
skatin707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #8529
scoe141
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 357467
Join Date: May 2013
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: CT
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
ISM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUscooby View Post
I used to know a guy who would fake like he was gonna stomp on the hood of my car just because he knew it irritated me. Stopped hanging out with him. Don't miss him.
scoe141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:43 PM   #8530
Torontolegacy
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 327872
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario , Canada
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT wagon
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatin707 View Post

I love wagons. So practical! My new foz is perfect for me and it's decently quick.

Last night I was talking to this chick I'm going to work for. She has a 2013 wrx and thinks it's God. She just doesn't understand foresters and wagons. So sad.
Ive got an 05 legacy wagon gt. protuned @ 303whp. And i can still fit a tonne of crap in it. Pull my jetski and fit peeps into her. Wrx and sti guys just dont understand the true wagon life. Not hating on the imprezzas thought. But their "wagpn" is just a 5 door hatchback lol. Sorry fellas. Still respect and love your cars though.
Torontolegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:49 PM   #8531
skatin707
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 251552
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: HIIC
Location: Honolulu, HI
Vehicle:
2014 FXT
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torontolegacy View Post

Ive got an 05 legacy wagon gt. protuned @ 303whp. And i can still fit a tonne of crap in it. Pull my jetski and fit peeps into her. Wrx and sti guys just dont understand the true wagon life. Not hating on the imprezzas thought. But their "wagpn" is just a 5 door hatchback lol. Sorry fellas. Still respect and love your cars though.
I love legacy wagons. Do want.

Honestly, when I gave up finding one I switched to the forester and ended up with this. My dogs love it so much more than sti
skatin707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:57 PM   #8532
tibug
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 273906
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Nonsense Poopy Pants!
Vehicle:
2003 Outback
RUST

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatin707 View Post
I love legacy wagons. Do want.
+1. My first car was a '93 Legacy FWD sedan. I do miss that car, and I'd like to have it back again, except this time as a wagon and AWD...oh, and minus all the rot that mine had

Like this!

tibug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:00 AM   #8533
fuelMuncher
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 301554
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: California
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torontolegacy View Post

Ive got an 05 legacy wagon gt. protuned @ 303whp. And i can still fit a tonne of crap in it. Pull my jetski and fit peeps into her. Wrx and sti guys just dont understand the true wagon life. Not hating on the imprezzas thought. But their "wagpn" is just a 5 door hatchback lol. Sorry fellas. Still respect and love your cars though.
Is all good, ma dude. I have an 02 wrx wagon, and it fits a lot of stuff too. Fit a la-z-boy in it a few months ago.

I liked the wagon over the sedan for this reason. I like hauling stuff sometimes when I need to, I also like hauling ass too!

Legacys and WRXs are a lot alike. The only difference that I see most of the time with the turbo models is the trim. I think the same could be said for Forresters.

I think when I was shopping for my first Subaru I immediately realized the WRXs sacrificed luxury for performance, and I would much rather pay for that than leather seats and a sunroof. However, I've never owned a car with a sunroof and I'm pining for one.
fuelMuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:40 AM   #8534
TMacGC8
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 367511
Join Date: Sep 2013
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
1996 Impreza wrx
White

Default

Some guy left a note on my car that read "could of had a v8"
TMacGC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:41 AM   #8535
06TLto13WRX
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 355890
Join Date: May 2013
Default

I was riding in ocean city (huge party city with a giant car show every year) this summer with my girlfriend. Anyways, it was during a giant car show that was occurring and there were subaru's everywhere. So I am driving around just waving at everyone because I am so happy to finally have a wrx. Anyways, come about 12 at night there are six of us, two rows of three. Four sti's and two wrx's including me who doesn't really know how to launch (still don't after four months). The three in front of us are heavily modded, shooting fire and backfiring anyways we all take off at the green light and my girlfriend goes wow your car sounds like poop. Make it go pshhhh when you shift like theirs does. I tried to explain to her what that was and all she kept doing was telling me she didn't care and to make it sound like that. Needless to say she tried buying a tial BOV for me when I got home. I sadly didn't accept.
06TLto13WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:49 AM   #8536
skatin707
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 251552
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: HIIC
Location: Honolulu, HI
Vehicle:
2014 FXT
Satin White Pearl

Default

OC is fun. Lots of tards down there. I was there this past Saturday.
skatin707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:34 AM   #8537
06TLto13WRX
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 355890
Join Date: May 2013
Default

Yeah sometimes too many tards down there, I can't even count the number of people who cut me off when I'm down there. The only benefit of getting stationed in Dover for me would be being able to go down there for the car shows.
06TLto13WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:38 AM   #8538
HawkI06
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 362011
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ohio
Vehicle:
2006 Wrx sti
Black

Default

So I'm drivin back to my dorm from practice and I see the campus security pull out and follow me. When I pull into the parking lot he follows so I'm thinking "oh great, he's probably going to say something about my car being too loud, or the windows being too dark, or some other typical ****." Instead when I pull into a spot he stops behind me calls me over and the conversation goes like this:

Him: what do you have on that thing to make it sound so damn good
Me:just a 3in turbo back exhaust
Him:well it sounds great, like it's got a big old V8 in it
Me:yeah that's what the subaru boxer engines sound like
Him:I think I may need to get one

Idk if this is very funny but it made me happy
HawkI06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #8539
jimwalston
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 114618
Join Date: May 2006
Default My son was driving...

My son was driving my wife's 2003 WRX wagon. This guys comes up to him in a parking lot and was admiring "his" car. He asking about all the mods and then my son (18) tells the guy it's his Mom's car. The guy couldn't believe it...
jimwalston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #8540
vhsandvinyl
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 354995
Join Date: Apr 2013
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: PE
Vehicle:
2001 Brighton Wagon
Sadona Sunset

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwalston View Post
My son was driving my wife's 2003 WRX wagon. This guys comes up to him in a parking lot and was admiring "his" car. He asking about all the mods and then my son (18) tells the guy it's his Mom's car. The guy couldn't believe it...
that is pure awesome.

I called napa to price a filler neck and the air hoses for it. Guy who answered was about 20 and went like this

Me: I'm looking to price a filler neck for my gas tank and the hoses that prevent it from air locking.
Him: I'm not too knowledgeable with hydraulic hoses and systems so let me get you some one who is.

I shook my head and coundn't understand where he got hydraulic hoses from. Props to him for getting me some one who knew what I was asking for though.
vhsandvinyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:44 PM   #8541
gregroot198521
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280844
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: hEll Paso
Vehicle:
2006 STi
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhsandvinyl View Post

that is pure awesome.

I called napa to price a filler neck and the air hoses for it. Guy who answered was about 20 and went like this

Me: I'm looking to price a filler neck for my gas tank and the hoses that prevent it from air locking.
Him: I'm not too knowledgeable with hydraulic hoses and systems so let me get you some one who is.

I shook my head and coundn't understand where he got hydraulic hoses from. Props to him for getting me some one who knew what I was asking for though.
Technically he was right though. What is fuels's natural state at room temperature? Liquid. What is the mechanical study of the movement of fluid, i.e. liquid? Hydraulics.

Now most likely the guy has next to no understanding of this concept, and is just ignorant of what fuel rated hose is, and it being different from hydraulic fluid rated lines.
gregroot198521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:16 PM   #8542
seanprock
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 364476
Join Date: Aug 2013
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Ridgecrest, Ca
Vehicle:
2007 STI
Urban Gray Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by urabuster View Post
He was using the term rig to describe a duck boat??? Don't get why people call anything other than diesel trucks rigs...
This was my rig, not diesel, not a hauler, started life as 1991 bronco 2, just rebuilt the 2.9 and ran it the whole time with no issues. I am not redneck, i listen to some rap, some country, quite a bit 80's pop, old rock and roll (ac/dc, eagles), screamo, hell, even buffet! I would never call my subie a rig, unles it was the guys wagon with a mild lift, I would wheel the hell outta it!!!



http://s299.photobucket.com/user/sea...85113.mp4.html

Last edited by seanprock; 09-05-2013 at 10:19 PM. Reason: added video
seanprock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:07 PM   #8543
seanprock
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 364476
Join Date: Aug 2013
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Ridgecrest, Ca
Vehicle:
2007 STI
Urban Gray Metallic

Default

Just remembered this from big bear last weekend. My dad was constantly asking where the money i paid for the car was. You guys are going to crap when you hear what I paid for her, but, part of it was paying my truck down to its value so i could trade it in. That said, i paid, all in all, 41k for my 2007. 16k of it outta savings to pay the truck, then 25k for car and warranty (bumper to bumper). He said, I just cannot see 25k worth of car. Then he drove it, game changer. Holy !!!! this thing is fast! he also commented on how the seats look uncomfortable, but after driving said they fit the car and are surprisingly comfortable. Made me smile a bit.

Had him up front, the Mrs and mom in back heading to get moms car and breakfast. Mrs says "don't drive like an ass", mom asks if its fast, next thing I know I am getting smacked on the shoulder by said Mrs, haha!
seanprock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:54 PM   #8544
KW521
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 118613
Join Date: Jun 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Portland, Or
Vehicle:
2013 XV Crosstrek
Tangerine Orange Pearl

Default

Some of the acquaintances I know say all the tome you drive a lesbian orange lifted Subaru?! That's so ugly and dumb. It's funny though when the weather goes bad and their lowered 325 BMW can't go anywhere and they want a ride. Looks like they're walking.
KW521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:20 AM   #8545
DARTH MAGNUS
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 285248
Join Date: Jun 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: OC, CA
Vehicle:
2014 PBP GR WRX
2006 STi - SOLD :(

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TLto13WRX View Post
I was riding in ocean city (huge party city with a giant car show every year) this summer with my girlfriend. Anyways, it was during a giant car show that was occurring and there were subaru's everywhere. So I am driving around just waving at everyone because I am so happy to finally have a wrx. Anyways, come about 12 at night there are six of us, two rows of three. Four sti's and two wrx's including me who doesn't really know how to launch (still don't after four months). The three in front of us are heavily modded, shooting fire and backfiring anyways we all take off at the green light and my girlfriend goes wow your car sounds like poop. Make it go pshhhh when you shift like theirs does. I tried to explain to her what that was and all she kept doing was telling me she didn't care and to make it sound like that. Needless to say she tried buying a tial BOV for me when I got home. I sadly didn't accept.
Sadly? You made a good move not getting one. They're detrimental to performance unless you are pushing 20 psi and up. Just delete the intake silencer and you'll get the psssshhhhhh.
DARTH MAGNUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:59 AM   #8546
06TLto13WRX
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 355890
Join Date: May 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARTH MAGNUS View Post

Sadly? You made a good move not getting one. They're detrimental to performance unless you are pushing 20 psi and up. Just delete the intake silencer and you'll get the psssshhhhhh.
Yeah I told her they sounded cool but the mods needed to support one far surpassed my wallet at the point in time, I figure when I get back from basic an AEM CAI and the new cobb v3 will suffice for now.
06TLto13WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #8547
Zack_Ayao
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 364269
Join Date: Aug 2013
Default

I have an AEM short ram intake on my Subie and somebody asked me when I popped the hood "what's the big shiny blue pipe for?"
Zack_Ayao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:38 AM   #8548
Andrew025
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 303408
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Portland, Or
Vehicle:
04 STi
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack_Ayao View Post
I have an AEM short ram intake on my Subie and somebody asked me when I popped the hood "what's the big shiny blue pipe for?"
Did you say "for sucking hot air"?
Andrew025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #8549
Torontolegacy
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 327872
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario , Canada
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT wagon
Black

Default

I lol'd pretty good there. Atleast DIY a heat shield. For the love of horsepower.
Torontolegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:34 PM   #8550
rpck
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 353054
Join Date: Apr 2013
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: MA
Vehicle:
06 Wrx
Black

Default

Not really a phrase or question but I had a prius say "that car sounds nice man". I then proceeded to kill the environment
rpck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Funniest or most unexpected thing you've heard/seen your parents do fokai Off-Topic 41 07-15-2012 01:59 PM
Whats the funniest slang term(s) you've heard? imprezaf Off-Topic 190 01-10-2012 11:50 PM
Funniest phrases/questions you've heard about your Subie DarkDvr General Community 15341 03-23-2011 10:54 AM
Funniest phrases/questions you've heard about your audio/video system? mechanizeddeath Car Audio, Video & Security 11 04-07-2009 09:06 AM
Funniest phrases/questions you've heard about your Subie II DarkDvr General Community 0 04-19-2007 04:09 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.